• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Raptor

A new singleplayer mission called "Monsoon" was quickly shown and it was also revealed that an equivalent of Create-A-Class will be available in singleplayer; this means players are able to customize their loadout before they take on a mission. Certain missions will have "challenges" that can only be completed with a specific weapon loadout - completing these challenges unlock new weapons for you to use during the singleplayer campaign.

http://www.blackopsii.com/news/?35-gttv-new-black-ops-2-campaign-multiplayer-and-zombies-information/

Very nice, this is what I wanted for a long time and now I finally have it.

Effect

I wonder if new Strike Force Missions will be apart of the upcoming DLC. Looks like a pretty good way of having their own version of the Spec Op missions that MW3 kept getting.

The_Monk

Day ONE [With one week Shipping] but it's okay since I got a great deal on it.

Great OT very clean, all info is there.

Hardened Edition Pre-ordered, for the PS3, would like to have it on 360 but my LIVE will be ending soon and I'm not seeing it getting more to be honest. This will be my final Pre-order and purchase of the year. Then I'll play all my recent purchases plus my Multiplayer fix.

Steelbook is looking nice too, can't wait to have it, maps seems more well inspired, hope the Physics Install on the PS3 can really improve less Blu-ray-reading like crazy.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Hopefully it doesnt launch with gimped console network settings for the pc version like the last Black ops :| Yikes.... PC performance was terrible stutter fest for a few weeks-month....

Nice OT btw :)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I never used it but I'm sad about the Javelin's no-show.

Also damn @ putting Counter UAV up so high (first time that it's above Care Package?). Loved using it in MW3 because not a lot of people shot down air support and it can really help your team.

Finally, from a quick google search it seems that BLOPS 2 DLC will indeed come to the 360 one month before everybody else. Did I miss something?

Sub_Level

Just read the story portion of the OT. Wow, they really are going with Mason's son? That's fanfic level writing right there (moreso than normal Michael Bay COD).

I'm not playing Black Ops II, but can someone in this thread please tell me why people are calling my store literally saying "Are you guys selling Black Ops II [right now/early]?" All I've seen is that it's out in some stores Slovakia and I've only spotted two copies in hand on eBay, going for over $200 on auction. Where did anybody get the idea that anyone had this game available for sale early? One guy who called said that somewhere in Colorado had them up for sale, and they were just hoping we might (we're in Idaho). What's the story behind this madness?

ACE 1991

Man, I really enjoyed MW 1 but have felt a little burned by the series lack of evolution since then. Any reason to pick this up, or are all the improvements pretty minor?

I like the new gun sounds and explosions. Also the yacht level looks really fun, I'd rather have those kinda levels and Nuketown than city environments.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Feels good having an excellent set of friends to play multiplayer on PC with. Blops 1 HC TDM was god-tier with them.

Glad you picked the right name for the thread.

faridmon

I am excited. I know i will be shit online and I will still play and hate myself and start curse all the at the TV.

Feels good having an excellent set of friends to play multiplayer on PC with. Blops 1 HC TDM was god-tier with them.
I don't have any friends :(

Gorillaz

As long as it's actually playable from day 1 then Im down to get back into treyarch's CoD again.

Interested in zombie mode especially with the 4v4 thing. Also the new "zombie" creatures ive seen in tranzit are interesting.

I'm not playing Black Ops II, but can someone in this thread please tell me why people are calling my store literally saying "Are you guys selling Black Ops II [right now/early]?" All I've seen is that it's out in some stores Slovakia and I've only spotted two copies in hand on eBay, going for over $200 on auction. Where did anybody get the idea that anyone had this game available for sale early? One guy who called said that somewhere in Colorado had them up for sale, and they were just hoping we might (we're in Idaho). What's the story behind this madness?
idiots seeing leaked footage on YouTube and hoping they win the lottery.

Effect

OP is great, but for those interested in Wii U, pointer aiming is CONFIRMED. Let's do this.

You're not.

If only we can have stats for Wii U players and dual analog players. Going to be using both though as I want to really use the gamepad and because of Uncharted, Killzone/Resistance 3, and MW3 (PS3) I've gotten better. No where near as good as with the Wii remote and mouse/keyboard (if I could hook that up to the the system that would be great) though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Thinking of getting the PC edition but... damn, I am a gamepad guy =/. MP Will be hard haha

onQ123

I thought the info in the OP was coming from Activision until I seen the part about Sub-HD lol

also this is actually the 1st Call of Duty I have bought this Gen so I know I'm going to get killed online.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Prestige 10 is awesome. Probably the best icon in the series.

Too bad you must prestige to unlock everything. Fuck that.

adelante

YESSSS most anticipated game of the year for me! Gonna enjoy the hell out of all three modes available (campaign, mp, zombies)

If only we can have stats for Wii U players and dual analog players. Going to be using both though as I want to really use the gamepad and because of Uncharted, Killzone/Resistance 3, and MW3 (PS3) I've gotten better. No where near as good as with the Wii remote and mouse/keyboard (if I could hook that up to the the system that would be great) though.

I'm a Wiimote player. I think the precision matters. But I know people can kick ass with either control scheme. Stats would be interesting for sure to see if you could see larger trends.

Sub_Level

I already know my first Prestige Token is going towards permanently unlocking the Stinger.

Spookie

I'm probably going to hate it after a week but I ended up picking this up since there is a drought on CQC shooters. Bah.

It'll probably run like shit on the PC again too. I'm a mug. ;(

Top Bottom