• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Prestige 10 is awesome. Probably the best icon in the series.

Too bad you must prestige to unlock everything. Fuck that.

8 is my favorite,
always love the callback to
MARINERAIDERS.png

2nd favorite faction, best mp announcer imo.

Shadybiz

It's on!

This game will sell many copies. I hope the ps3 version isn't junk.

Same. My friends all play on PS3, which is why I'm getting it on that platform. I am sure that it will be an awesome time nonetheless, though.

Edit: Yeah Mikey, I also played BO1 on PS3...didn't have any serious problems that I can remember.

Seep

I skipped MW3 because I was burnt out from the yearly updates, But I'm all refreshed now so I'm just pre-ordering now.

8 player zombies sounds fun and prestiging no longer resets your weapons? Fuck yeah!

The_Monk

Mind you, I played BO1 on PS3 and didn't mind it at all.

Same, I do not look hyped for Graphics on a Call of Duty game. It's all about the gameplay.

Also played a ton of Black Ops on PS3 (and had it on 360 too), can't complain, I'm in Europe and never had big Lag issues, but when I had it seems it was because I was playing from far away players outside Europe, but not sure.

Anyway I'm ready.

DarFrey

Neo Member
Wtf? No 9v9 ground war?!
Ground war is in the game. Vonderhaar confirmed this, via FearCrads.

Also, the scorestreak list is not up to date. Swarm is actually 1900 points, Dogs 1700 points, etc. I don't know what the exact list is, but it is different than what is in the OP

Looking forward to the game. I'm hoping the maps are better than MW3.

Hoodbury

So the only real difference between Hardpoint and HeadQuarters is that you respawn in Hardpoint? Doesn't really seem like that much of a difference to constitute have a whole new gamemode for.

I guess we'll find out, but to me that just sounds like the ultimate meat grinder mode. I feel sorry for the newbies who go randomly into that mode and end up on a team full of other newbies going against a clan just out there to harvest them.

Cornbread78

I saw "Mute All but Party" option in the OP and now I'm in love. Seriously, the CoD community is the worst by far over the Halo community. I can't wait for this.

DarFrey

Neo Member
So the only real difference between Hardpoint and HeadQuarters is that you respawn in Hardpoint? Doesn't really seem like that much of a difference to constitute have a whole new gamemode for.

I guess we'll find out, but to me that just sounds like the ultimate meat grinder mode. I feel sorry for the newbies who go randomly into that mode and end up on a team full of other newbies going against a clan just out there to harvest them.
Control of the hardpoint can change quickly. It's like dropzone in MW3 except without care packages. I'd say that the difference is significant enough, but I agree with your second paragraph.

Loving the fact there we're not forced to rent servers this time around, so I'll prolly put up 1 or 2. Anyone wanna admin some CoD:BO II servers =)

Nice OP, some of that information I did not know about.

I wasn't planning on buying this but BestBuy $20gc is too good to pass up. Get $20gc, play it for a month, sell it back to them for $35-$40. You really can't beat their deals lately.

So is there no way to increase reload speeds now? Will really miss sleight of hand :( Why would they do that? Was is problem in previous games? Have they said if reload speeds will be increased across the board to counter that?

Loving the fact there we're not forced to rent servers this time around, so I'll prolly put up 1 or 2. Anyone wanna admin some CoD:BO II servers =)
You don't have to rent servers because Treyarch owns all the dedicated servers and you just matchmake between them. Unless something changed since the original revelation.

DarFrey

Neo Member
So is there no way to increase reload speeds now? Will really miss sleight of hand :( Why would they do that? Was is problem in previous games? Have they said if reload speeds will be increased across the board to counter that?
There is an attachment called fast mags that allows for quicker reload speeds. The explanation for doing it this way was that they didn't want any perks that affect the guns, just the player. Apparently this makes tuning the game easier down the road.

There is an attachment called fast mags that allows for quicker reload speeds. The explanation for doing it this way was that they didn't want any perks that affect the guns, just the player. Apparently this makes tuning the game easier down the road.
Basically this means they can adjust stats on a per-gun basis rather than nerfing Sleight of Hand across the board.

mxgt

Banned
Will play on PC. Black Ops was great, I have faith in Treyarch as they actually make good COD games.

Linkhero1

Looking forward to this. Next week can't come any sooner. I just realized that I have not played any CoD single player campaign since MW2 lol.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well let's hope they make a good port for PC. Black Ops 1 wasn't even playable for most people the first few months..

It was playable for people with modern processors at the time. I don't think I had a single friend who had an issue with performance other than the stutter that was fixed with a patch early on.

JAY the BIRD

Neo Member
Will for sure pick this up. After 4, I never really liked the Infinity Ward COD's, but Treyarch's COD's have always been enjoyable. Zombies!

ohlawd

Hypehypehype.

lolPS3 version for me. Picking up Wii U version when I get the console, don't know when that'll be. It's sure gonna be fun playing solo quitting half my games of Domination again because of a shit team that don't do jack or I enter a game of 50-199 :)

Anyone here try preordering the game at BB/FS in Canada? Site says I can't reserve it in store... is that an error?

FINALBOSS

Banned
Fuck this thread--just pre-ordered the damn game for PS3.

Honestly had no intentions of buying (haven't played a CoD in a longggg ass time) but I need an FPS.

Thank you, was worried there for a minute. Fast reload is important to me in any shooter.

VariantX

Preordered on PC.... hoping my favorite 2 maps from BO1, summit and firing range make a return to BO2 at some point.

Jarsonot

Looking forward to getting into an FPS again. Getting this for the U, those combat training types look ideal for practicing pointer controls.

We still don't know if the U will have party chat, theater, or that game-streaming feature?

FINALBOSS

Banned
Attention PS3 CoD players--do most of the dudes use mics? I like shootin' the shit while I play and I haven't played CoD on PS3 since like CoD 4.

Arment

I haven't played CoD since MW1 and I'm thinking about getting this for the PC.

I'm interesting in the ranked matchmaking and the fact that kill streak rewards are gone. Plus I'm a little bored with BF3 and have been wanting to play a shooter for some time.

Top Bottom