• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Attention PS3 CoD players--do most of the dudes use mics? I like shootin' the shit while I play and I haven't played CoD on PS3 since like CoD 4.

it's not 2006 where no one had a mic, though im not sure that 80% people with a mic is a good thing now since I always end up having to mute them anyway.

FINALBOSS

Banned
it's not 2006 where no one had a mic, though im not sure that 80% people with a mic is a good thing now since I always end up having to mute them anyway.

Yeah that's what I figured.

The early days of PS3 when no one had a mic was both horrible and awesome at the same time.

aristotle

Attention PS3 CoD players--do most of the dudes use mics? I like shootin' the shit while I play and I haven't played CoD on PS3 since like CoD 4.

Some. Depends on if you're running with the GAF clan mostly. We always used to BS as we played.

I'm still the clan lead for the GAF PS3 crew. If anyone wants in, just send me a massage and I'll add you Monday night when I pick up the game :)

The_Monk

I believe it depends on what modes you are playing. I always see people using Mics on TDM and S&D (and that's what I play mostly too so I don't know about other modes).

Cornbread78

Yes, for teh most part they do, but I'm used to playing in full parties with clan mates on Elite and we only recruit guys with mics, so my perspective is a little skewed.

Stantron

Yeah thats too bad. Would have been nice to put low level bots on your team and higher level bots as enemies.

Or a mix of difficulties on both teams. In BO1, easy bots were brain dead. You could be Rambo and steam roll them. Veteran bots, on the other hand, had dead aim to where you had to play very cautiously. They were actually more cheap than difficult (apparently they tweaked this for BO2.) It would have been nice to have a mix so that when engaging them in a match, you don't necessarily know which ones are which. Seems to me like an obvious feature you would want to have. Don't know why it's not for the devs.

PS3 Version for me.

Why do I not see anything about Hardcore Modes though. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
It's definitely under private game options. So I'm sure its represented in playlists too.

Or a mix of difficulties on both teams. In BO1, easy bots were brain dead. You could be Rambo and steam roll them. Veteran bots, on the other hand, had dead aim to where you had to play very cautiously. They were actually more cheap than difficult (apparently they tweaked this for BO2.) It would have been nice to have a mix so that when engaging them in a match, you don't necessarily know which ones are which. Seems to me like an obvious feature you would want to have. Don't know why it's not for the devs.
Oh yeah thats a good idea too.

Ryck

Really hyped, only have Ps3 so that will be the one I get. I enjoyed the first one despite its issues. So glad Combat Training has been enhanced it was my favorite mode in part1. It was nice to have a change of pace when I got tired of the way people would play online.

SJRB

Gold Member
The entire OP is an image, how the fuck am I supposed to find something without ctrl + ffing?

The entire OP is an image, how the fuck am I supposed to find something without ctrl + ffing?

You scroll past the GIANT prices and SPECIAL EDITION OFFERS HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY LOOK AMAZING to get to the information you want.

I suspect thats how its suppose to go anyway.

Tambini

I hope this is good and not disappointing like MW3. Black Ops 1 was great though so I think I'll pre order this on Steam.
No snowy maps though?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Drone looks alright. Really bad for airborne killstreaks though, at least half the map is indoors. The automatic doors are a first for COD :p

King_Moc

Banned
After MW3, anything is an improvement.

Never played it. Mainly because i looked at the top down views of the maps. They all looked like they'd just randomly plopped some buildings down with no thought. A shame after MW and MW2 actually had some fairly good ones.

Completely ruins the competitive dynamic, or splits the community in two, depending on if the pointer option is just another control scheme or it's a separate set of modes.

They had pointer controls in past CoDs, and it didn't ruin the competitive dynamic. It ultimately comes down to skill.

King_Moc said:
well, i hope so. But i think all the Treyarch ones so far have had pretty terrible maps. Which is where multiplayer FPS games live or die.

Really? I thought Blops had great maps. MW3 was a clutterfuck [sic].

Detox

Black Ops stock maps were infinitely better than the ones MW3 launched with (not sure about DLC) but hopefully Treyarch continue their streak and have levelled up again to compete with the best maps in the series.

Sethos

Banned
Never played it. Mainly because i looked at the top down views of the maps. They all looked like they'd just randomly plopped some buildings down with no thought. A shame after MW and MW2 actually had some fairly good ones.

Well, the MW3 maps were made specifically for constant-movement gamemodes. They were like big figure of eights, just run around on this racetrack and shoot someone in the back or be shot in the back. So a lot of gamemodes were ruined, S&D was killed completely.

The ADHD AMAGAWD SPRINT players loved them however.

But thankfully there's a general consensus that they sucked ass.

I'm officially on board
WwZOn.png

(day 1 on PS3 and if it lives up to the ^^^ then I'll get a second copy for PC)

MW2 maps made me stop playing COD; they were 100% inferior to MW1 - I went back to that for a while before letting my Live eventually lapse.

Pitmonkey

well, i hope so. But i think all the Treyarch ones so far have had pretty terrible maps. Which is where multiplayer FPS games live or die.

Both Infinity Ward and Treyarch have produced some shit maps, but Black Ops had some of the best. Firing Range, Summit, WMD were all instant classics. (I won't include Nuke Town because that is a severe love/hate with some people)

Top Bottom