• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Just picked up my copy here in NYC. Installing now.

I don't normally do so but I think I'll jump into campaign first. Really interested in realistic, lol

Matticers

Got the game this afternoon and been playing a wee bit of MP and zombies since then. My initial MP impressions is that it feels like rank matters more than ever. Access to those higher perks along with the weapon attachments and whatnot seems to give such a big advantage over a low level player. More so than past CoD games. But maybe it's just me.

Of course, it could be those level 25+ people are either amazing at the game or they're just used to the maps but who knows.

And playing four matches of Nuketown on that playlist made my brain melt. It's pure insanity as expected with everything you have access to in this game. People dropping 60+ kill games with ease. Everyone with 30+ deaths. lol. It's pretty dumb but you can see why people like it.

DJKhaled

Waiting impatiently for it to unlock on my Xbox so I can play it. So excited to get into some zombies. should be about 45 minutes before it unlocks I hope.

T-0800

Only played 1 MP game so far (against bots while updating) and it looks fantastic and I really like that they use the speaker on the PS4 controller.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The campaign looks pretty bad to me already. Watched the GiantBomb quick look and it looked boring. If it has frame drops as well, I'll just skip it for good.

I'm definitely gonna play it. Has that cyberpunk aesthetic.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What's the PC crowd like here on GAF? I'm assuming most players here go with the console version.

Also, GMG ran out of keys? Damn.

The campaign looks pretty bad to me already. Watched the GiantBomb quick look and it looked boring. If it has frame drops as well, I'll just skip it for good.

I bought the game already since I love my CoD campaigns, plus this game seems to have a ton of other content as well. Not going to bother with the MP though.

thenameDS

Nice OT!

Still mad that there is no headquarters. But enough for one afternoon/night, I've hit level 17 and also managed to play 3 zombie matches.

Excellent OT!

Now we wait for the reviews to pour in! Of course I already have the game pre-loaded... but will be nice to see how it fares!

Also, GMG ran out of keys? Damn.

image.php

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Popping in to say that as someone who hasn't purchased a COD since MW2, this game is the real deal.

I'm even taking my time in the campaign to peruse every little detail in the enviros.

It doesn't feel like the paper thin shooting galleries of the last games.

Massive content package right here, and stylistically polished as well.

Treyarch put in the works.

Klyka

Banned
Not sure why but the mouse aiming feels extremely sluggish.
it's not snappy.

I need to check some settings and such, this is really weird.
Like there is weight to the camera movement.

Naudi

Banned
Not sure why but the mouse aiming feels extremely sluggish.
it's not snappy.

I need to check some settings and such, this is really weird.
Like there is weight to the camera movement.

It was like that for me on pc when I played the beta. Seemed to run better on PS4 even though my comp is very good .

So thinking of buying this, havnt bought a cod since BO2. However right now i dont have internet and was wondering how much single player/ local co op there is for me and my gf untill we get internet back.

So thinking of buying this, havnt bought a cod since BO2. However right now i dont have internet and was wondering how much single player/ local co op there is for me and my gf untill we get internet back.

You did right everything after BO2 was shite, BO3 is awesome though!

TheShocker

Hyped for the game. Just debating on which console to get it on. Leaning towards PS4, but I am curious what the final resolution will be on the XB1.

Citadel

Way too excited for this. I've always loved the Black Ops series (and Treyarch as a developer), but I'm actually going in blind with this game. I haven't seen any campaign trailers and only a little bit of multiplayer gameplay. I just really hope that Reznov and/or Woods is mentioned in the game to some extent.

Can't decide between PS4 and PC. Such a tough decision!

Go PS4 for the population then PC afterwards mate. Same thing I am going to do when Dark Souls 3 comes out, double dip. PS4 first then PC afterwards. I believe more players will be on PS4 from the get go.

Top Bottom