• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

MavFan619

Banned
I don't plan getting this right away or at all (though for those that do get it the full package seems well worth the price) just had to say fantastic title.

So Funstock.co.uk fucked up, they are issuing duplicate keys for the game, so my brother doesn't get one until tomorrow (I got my key just fine :( ). He wants to play tonight. Any other deals going on that include Nuketown? GMG is sold out.

mbmonk

For the campaign I switched my character to a female and the female voice acting is better than the male character. The male character voice acting is almost cringe worthy.

So I'm officially hyped and decided to jump in. If I pre-order digitally through the Best Buy website does anyone know if I get the code right away so I can start pre-loading through the Xbox One? I'd rather buy from them for my GCU discount but if I have to wait until midnight for the code I'd rather just get it through the system at this point.

Edit: Actually, looking at their FAQ it says some games are eligible and will have a code early. Anyone get one through BLOPS 3?

So I'm officially hyped and decided to jump in. If I pre-order digitally through the Best Buy website does anyone know if I get the code right away so I can start pre-loading through the Xbox One? I'd rather buy from them for my GCU discount but if I have to wait until midnight for the code I'd rather just get it through the system at this point.

Wait, can you use that GCU thing to order digitally from Beat Buy and save 20%?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Can't decide between PS4 and PC. Such a tough decision!

If my Plus wasn't expiring in December I'd go PS4. I still have another year of Live, so I'm considering grabbing it for the Bone instead of my PC. I feel like I'll have a better experience on console.

Adam Blue

I'm ready lol

LEpyrmf.jpg

The mouse, the monitor, the moto 360 - the avatar. We are similar.

bobot

Neo Member
Just picked up my copy on the Xbone. Thanks for making me register on your shitty site so i can redeem nuke town....

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Grimløck;184365536 said:
that OT title, tho

glorious

fantastic OT title.

That thread title...

Oh my god, that OT is glorious.

perfect title

Thread title is amazing! Well done.

Ayy lmao that OT title. I approve. Preloaded and ready to rock n roll on PC. My first CoD not on an Xbox but I gotta go where my friends go!

The title is the main reason I clicked ...

Congrats Eggy

riXj8VH.gif

Quick question regarding pre orders; do I have to enter in my purchase order to get the nuke town bonus? Please, I must know! Can't miss out on this again!

ShogunX

Any idea if the frame rate drops are also on the Xbone SP?

Playing the campaign now and it certainly drops in some scenes. Combine that with the soft look the game has, strange pop in on certain items and either no AF or very little at all and the Campaign isn't exactly a looker for the most part.

Playing the campaign now and it certainly drops in some scenes. Combine that with the soft look the game has, strange pop in on certain items and either no AF or very little at all and the Campaign isn't exactly a looker for the most part.

I actually thought the last one looked really good. Surprised this looks worse

Verder

the fact that this still has 4 player split screen makes me happy

i was so disappointed halo 5's amazing multiplayer didn't have split screen

janoDX

Played the game all afternoon, and wow, it blowed my mind the huge amount of content in this game.

But the server (PSN) was unstable so I couldn't play too much multiplayer.

Seems weird that the single player would have frame drops when they managed to get the whole thing running in split screen too (unless that mode runs like treacle)

Karak

Framerate doesn't seem too hot in the campaign on PS4, but I haven't installed the patch yet. The sound mix sounds a bit funny too.

I discuss this in my review thats getting posted. The sound I mean. Others have mentioned it regardless of platform.

Smoke effects:) Including the little bits coming off the companions shoes which happen almost regardless of location.

I hate this digital age.

Here I was thinking earlier today "I don't need to get CoD, Fallout 4 will be out Monday night", but then I was playing PS4 earlier and a presses of a button later, CoD was downloading.

At least I can shoot dudes tonight.

Rion1

Neo Member
Going to pick this up after work. Aussie CODers should keep in mind that Target are selling the standard edition for 64 bux

Can't wait to get into this, the campaigns for the Blops series have been my favourite AAA Blockbuster experiences of last gen. Hoping the focus on multiplayer for the campaign doesn't mean less focus on insane spectacle and narrative

LeonSPBR

I hate this digital age.

Here I was thinking earlier today "I don't need to get CoD, Fallout 4 will be out Monday night", but then I was playing PS4 earlier and a presses of a button later, CoD was downloading.

Your PS4 knows what's good for you.

ryseing

Hype hype hype. Have exams tomorrow but stupid excited for after.

PSN's in profile if anyone's down for campaign/zombies.

Edit: Actually, looking at their FAQ it says some games are eligible and will have a code early. Anyone get one through BLOPS 3?
I'm only seeing the deluxe addition though...

leng jai

I discuss this in my review thats getting posted. The sound I mean. Others have mentioned it regardless of platform.

Smoke effects:) Including the little bits coming off the companions shoes which happen almost regardless of location.

AW had a fantastic sound mix so I thought this would be similar. This way just sounds....off.

I hate this digital age.

Well it doesn't help that the moment you open up the PSN Store BLOps 3 will probably be thrown right in your face

Shit, how am I even gonna manage BLOps 3, Yokai Watch and Fallout 4? I haven't even finished Tales of Zestiria yet. Fuuuuck

Karak

Framerate doesn't seem too hot in the campaign on PS4, but I haven't installed the patch yet. The sound mix sounds a bit funny too.

AW had a fantastic sound mix so I thought this would be similar. This way just sounds....off.
Strangely I had somewhat the same issue with AW myself. So much so that I basically just hated the sound mixing forever. Here it seems fixable;)

leng jai

Strangely I had somewhat the same issue with AW myself. So much so that I basically just hated the sound mixing forever. Here it seems fixable;)

Supercrunch just sounds like boosted treble to me, and the "Treyarch mix" makes enemy guns sound quiet. The explosions are also sound so sharp they almost hurt your ears.

hawk2025

Oh, nice, Amazon Now sends a little text message once your order leaves the warehouse.

"John has your Amazon order and is headed your way"

There's even a map to track the guy coming to my house (over an hour early??). This is weird all the way, lol

Oh, nice, Amazon Now sends a little text message once your order leaves the warehouse.

"John has your Amazon order and is headed your way"

There's even a map to track the guy coming to my house (over an hour early??). This is weird all the way, lol
Awesome man. Let us know when it arrives

Top Bottom