• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

RS4-

So waht's up with cryptkeys, are they tied to wins?

Mine hasn't move at all the past few games, even after leveling up.

PepperedHam

How is my NAT type strict when I opened all my ports and got it to open yesterday? Is it on their end due to all the server crashes? All of the ports I opened to fix it are still open so I'm not sure what changed.

Got this awesome "Epic" camo for the XM-53 that's on every one of my class, from a Rare Supply Drop.

It has an awesome storm effect that's moving around the weapon.

pMrf7aU.jpg

This campaign still won't end. Jesus. I've had three presumed endings now, and just when I put my controller down I have more waves of bullshit to plough through.

The only reason I haven't given up is that I presume I'm almost done. I feel like the game is trolling me at this point.

antitrop

All these super powers in the campaign are cool, but they make up for it by overloading you with waves of bullet-sponge robotic enemies. Not fun.

Xando

So waht's up with cryptkeys, are they tied to wins?

Mine hasn't move at all the past few games, even after leveling up.
Haven't really figured it out but my guess it's somehow tied to kills. I've gotten 2 crypt keys for one TDM match with 30 kills but only 1/2 for a TDM game with 8 kills.

The Beard

Just watched NXgamer's first contact analysis and the game scales between 13xx by 1080 to full hd on ps4 and it scales between sub 900p to full 900p on xb1. This combined with the poor performance in the campaign and worse visuals than advanced warfare makes this an embarrassing release. On top of that, we have one of the worst if not the worst single player releases in COD's history according to several impressions. Now there are server issues and disappearing save files due to them being saved online? Let's not forget the split screen mode with black bars, smh. I'm glad I didn't fall for the hype. The reviews looked too suspicious. Looks like giant bomb, polygon(forgive me), and gamespot were on point. Treyarch makes the worst performing(tech wise) COD games and the most boring COD games imo. Its nice to see my suspicions confirmed.

It's not visually impressive, but I'm really liking how colorful these maps are. The multiplayer is definitely COD multiplayer. I've bought every COD since MW and that was the first and last COD campaign that I played. I'm pretty burned out on the classic COD grinding to get better guns, and perks. Overall it's a solid COD release. I wish it was more like Blops2 than AW, but oh well.

Sizzle55

If anyone wants to add me on PS4 that would be awesome PSN is gra33zy I have only had one game of Zombies where it didn't crash. Seems like a good mode though and I love the setting.

Hubble

Just watched NXgamer's first contact analysis and the game scales between 13xx by 1080 to full hd on ps4 and it scales between sub 900p to full 900p on xb1. This combined with the poor performance in the campaign and worse visuals than advanced warfare makes this an embarrassing release. On top of that, we have one of the worst if not the worst single player releases in COD's history according to several impressions. Now there are server issues and disappearing save files due to them being saved online? Let's not forget the split screen mode with black bars, smh. I'm glad I didn't fall for the hype. The reviews looked too suspicious. Looks like giant bomb, polygon(forgive me), and gamespot were on point. Treyarch makes the worst performing(tech wise) COD games and the most boring COD games imo. Its nice to see my suspicions confirmed.

I agree with this. I love Treyarch's COD's but not this one. This is one of the worse COD's in sometime besides zombies.

The campaign is about 50% of the reason I buy COD so if it's poor, it's a no go. I played the beta and I thought the multiplayer was okay but nothing special. I watched a little bit of the campaign on youtube and it was poor. Others have commented several times in this thread that it doesn't get better.

Yea, if you were invested in the SP, it only gets more disappointing as you progress, at least in my opinion. To me, it feels really empty.

But again, I don't mind because they did a great job with MP this time around.

Wait it says can't connect to servers and I just want to continue the campaign. Now it is making me create a new character again. Does this start me from the beginning? What is even going on.

antitrop

The co-op focus in the campaign is incredibly obvious, all these bullet sponges make it feel like Destiny, which makes me feel slighted when the game already has such an incredible suite of multiplayer-focused modes.

Let me have my single-player campaign, damnit. Co-op zombies wasn't enough, Treyarch?

NoWayOut

Is there a way to unlock nightmare mode without completing the main campaign? I'm only at the 3rd mission and I'm really not enjoying it. The story is all over the place, the characters are boring. Not sure if I can endure the entire thing.

rpmboy

Wait it says can't connect to servers and I just want to continue the campaign. Now it is making me create a new character again. Does this start me from the beginning? What is even going on.

It treats online campaign and offline campaign as separate saves. It would start you from the beginning.

"Super Trees"
"Frozen Forest" = Cyborg Heaven
(Minor inconsequential spoilers)

Whoever wrote this campaign was having the greatest acid trip of their life.

Is there a way to unlock nightmare mode without completing the main campaign? I'm only at the 3rd mission and I'm really not enjoying it. The story is all over the place, the characters are boring. Not sure if I can endure the entire thing.
Go to "Mission Select", play through the last mission, it'll unlock after it's complete.

Campaign progress saves online even when you play solo. Stupid right? You'll have to wait for the servers to go back up.

I think a way around it is to go to Local, but you'd have to start over. Then it might save on your end, not sure though, haven't tried.

Yea, if you were invested in the SP, it only gets more disappointing as you progress, at least in my opinion. To me, it feels really empty.

But again, I don't mind because they did a great job with MP this time around.
I agree with this. I'm not sure I'll even finish the campaign unless there are MP and Zombie unlocks laying around in there OTHER than cosmetic stuff.

I'm enjoying (read: sucking at) MP. I like the map layout and the traversal elements add another layer but aren't over the top.

Zombies is great. I hope they add more maps and objectives for zombies mode. I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

The co-op focus in the campaign is incredibly obvious, all these bullet sponges make it feel like Destiny, which makes me feel slighted when the game already has such an incredible suite of multiplayer-focused modes.

Let me have my single-player campaign, damnit. Co-op zombies wasn't enough, Treyarch?

It made the campaign such a drag. Was yawning on some sections that just had you chugging rockets and bullets at like two to three different mechs and a couple heavy infantry guys that take four magazines to finish.

This MP is great though I feel like I don't have enough to use my unlock keys on. Pointless mechanic since they are already behind a level gate.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
So i did a few levels in SP, save the game.. Then i go back and im prompted to the "choose gender screen". Nothing saved, what gives?

Neil_J_UK

Anyway to see what I got in my last supply drop? Friend joined me to a game just as it was opening and I didn't get to see what was inside lol.

Kalentan

Just played a match where I'm 99% sure the enemy teams had infinite grenades. It was insane, every part of the match our positions would be swarmed with grenades coming from every angle and they kept coming. There was never breaks.

Top Bottom