• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

So... the story gets pretty trippy, to say the least.

Yeah that's pretty much it's only draw. Like, compared to BO1 and BO2, BO3 feels like kind of a slog to go through. But it gets progressively weirder as it goes on that I wanted to keep playing to find out what was actually going on. This might be the first COD game I don't finish a second time on Veteran. I wanna try Realistic, but I'm just not feeling this one.

What the hell, I bought the rare supply drop, then when the box opened, nothing happens??? I can't go back, nothing pops up. You can see t he shadow and smoke behind the crate, so the game did not freeze completely, but where is the items?

Edit: I was disconnected again, did I just lose 30 keys for nothing? What a fucking broken game

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Only reason I'm even bothering with it, at this point. This is the least fun I've had with any CoD campaign and I've played them all.

I like what the did with it, although I can't say I 100% understand what happened at the very end. Overall that's not the kind of stuff I expected from a CoD campaign

What the hell, I bought the rare supply drop, then when the box opened, nothing happens??? I can't go back, nothing pops up. You can see t he shadow and smoke behind the crate, so the game did not freeze completely, but where is the items?

Edit: I was disconnected again, did I just lose 30 keys for nothing? What a fucking broken game

No you didn't. You can re open it again. Game isn't broken stop with the hyperbole

Pics_nao

Internet died right as I bought a package and now I got nothing from it.

Loved the beta but now I'm seriously starting to regret purchasing this. Digitally too.

Were you playing campaign online and now you're offline?

I was playing online when the PS4 said it couldn't connect to the server. I restarted the PS4 and could connect to the server again only to see all the campaign progress gone and to be at level 1 again.

rpmboy

I was playing online when the PS4 said it couldn't connect to the server. I restarted the PS4 and could connect to the server again only to see all the campaign progress gone and to be at level 1 again.

Check if there is a backup on PSN?
EDIT: just realized that it's probably server side. Did you restart the game/PS4?

Plasma

Banned
This is the third time I've been kicked out of my singleplayer game mid mission because I've lost connection to the servers. Everytime it's happened I've had to restart the level from the start as well, fuck this game it is complete and utter garbage.

The campaign is about 50% of the reason I buy COD so if it's poor, it's a no go. I played the beta and I thought the multiplayer was okay but nothing special. I watched a little bit of the campaign on youtube and it was poor. Others have commented several times in this thread that it doesn't get better.
I'm with you a bit. I haven't touched a Call of Duty for so long...but I need to get real and understand we're never going to get a campaign or characters as great as Modern Warfare again for a long time. Not that they were "amazing" characters. But the perfect blend of Hollywood over-the-top fun without taking themselves too seriously.

post-18816-0-72993400-1404116040.jpg

But I am enjoying this multiplayer so far. I'm going to hop into the campaign tonight.

Duxxy3

I'm with you a bit. I haven't touched a Call of Duty for so long...but I need to get real and understand we're never going to get a campaign or characters as great as Modern Warfare again for a long time. Not that they were "amazing" characters. But the perfect blend of Hollywood over-the-top fun without taking themselves too seriously.

post-18816-0-72993400-1404116040.jpg

But I am enjoying this multiplayer so far. I'm going to hop into the campaign tonight.

Hopefully it's modern warfare 4 next year and not ghost.

GodofWine

This is the third time I've been kicked out of my singleplayer game mid mission because I've lost connection to the servers. Everytime it's happened I've had to restart the level from the start as well, fuck this game it is complete and utter garbage.

Can't you play the campaign offline, then this won't happen.

Did people really expect a perfectly pulled off launch?? I mean, literally, no games work out of the chute now.

Personally I've yet to be disconnected, but was unable to connect for 5 minutes earlier due to served maintenance.

I want a return to WW2 sometime.
Heck yeah. I think they were spot on 10 years ago by stepping away from World War settings as they were done way too much between Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, etc. But I think we've had plenty of time to breathe now.
Personally I've yet to be disconnected, but was unable to connect for 5 minutes earlier due to served maintenance.
Mine has worked great so far, albeit that when I first launched it today it told me I couldn't connect. Then I clicked Play Online or whatever....and it worked just fine. A little odd, but oh well.

Only reason I'm even bothering with it, at this point. This is the least fun I've had with any CoD campaign and I've played them all.
Co-op makes everything better, so I'll give it that. Solo+Hendricks+Lots+of+robots+bullet-sponges bring it down. And the bugs. And the unstable servers booting you out of co-op and single player. And seriously Hendricks. Whoever wrote that character's dialogue took a steaming dump on a lot of the game's potential.

Would love to see an update that allows replays of campaign missions without cut-scenes and dialogue. Bonus if we can actually activate a no-dialogue option by melee killing Mr. "Bro, you have no idea how fucking good this candy bar is" Hendricks.

Basically the long and short of it is fuck Hendricks.

Duxxy3

They tried hard to push that little meme. lol

Didn't stick like with the numbers in BO1.

I think it depends on how much you like Christopher Meloni.

I really only know him from the harold and kumar movies as well as wet hot american summer, so I thought it was pretty funny.

Duxxy3

Co-op makes everything better, so I'll give it that. Solo+Hendricks+Lots+of+robots+bullet-sponges bring it down. And the bugs. And the unstable servers booting you out of co-op and single player. And seriously Hendricks. Whoever wrote that character's dialogue took a steaming dump on a lot of the game's potential.

Would love to see an update that allows replays of campaign missions without cut-scenes and dialogue. Bonus if we can actually activate a no-dialogue option by melee killing Mr. "Bro, you have no idea how fucking good this candy bar is" Hendricks.

Basically the long and short of it is fuck Hendricks.

Basically fuck all AI "helpers". Useless fucks.

Some of the larger encounters are obviously meant for co-op play. When playing solo, especially in nightmare, the rest of the AI helpers practically aren't even there.

What do you guys think PS4 sales are like? since there is a bundle and all

A fuckton.

Falchion

I've been using the XR-2 all day and it's great but I got burned out of the burst. What's the best full auto AR right now? I just started using the ICR-1 and it's fun but I don't know how it compares to the others.

I can't even get into a pub zombies game. Also lost progress in a sp mission because of the server kicking me. The game is good, but there are definitely some server issues going on (ps4). Current status on their website is "Not Good" lol. Yep.
https://www.callofduty.com/blackops3/status
I had issues all day yesterday. Some this morning but its been solid for me the rest of the day. Doing some hanging but I'll be back on later.

If anyone is down for Zombies on PS4 PM me and I'll throw you on my friends list when I get back to it in a few hours provided the servers are working.

OrangeOak

So I have this problem. I have slow connection and I decided to download campaign first and then when playing campaing I wanted to download the rest.
So I downloaded campaign yesterday and played some,then multi finished downloading and I downloaded Nuketown and Zombie. Problem is that after that I unticked everything on DLC item list by mistake and I launched the game. Now in menu I have everything greyed out and I can't play it. When I select something on that DLC item list it starts downloading again even so I have it all downloaded. I have 54GB COD Black Ops 3 folder in steam common and I can't play it.
I checked cache but it doesn't help. Do I have to download it again? It will take me 12 hours :/

Top Bottom