• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts on PC demands 6GB of RAM.. yet it uses <2GB

Grief.exe

Every gen PC gamers need roughly 4-5 times the RAM available in current gen consoles just to run games at max settings. So considering that both xbone and ps4 have 8gigs ram, expect PC versions to require around 32 gigs ram.

reading_a_text_when_you_wake_up_at_4am-85502.gif

Yes sure, but just to make clear......I intend it to be a thread for serious comparison meaning people should post good screenshots and not just shitty ones of one of the games to further their agenda.
I'd love to join in but... gah. I have no reasonable excuse to get Ghosts.

Enosh

well was planning on buying this, well maybe, good thing I saw the thread first...
got 4gigs of ram only -.-

Deadbeat

Banned
well was planning on buying this, well maybe, good thing I saw the thread first...
got 4gigs of ram only -.-
Dont worry, pirates figured out how to bypass the fake hardware requirements. Theres also a FOV tool as well for multiplayer now.

Yeah I know but I just remember the rumors of recommended card being the 780 and someone else earlier who was playing said they were getting bad performance though unsure of what card they had.

Its a rebrand. Seems a little odd to buy a rebrand now. New architecture from Nvidia is just around the corner. Its not like any games atm require that

hesido

Activision doesn't give these guys a break to re-work their engine. I think Call of Duty series has earned enough money to assign one team to make a great next gen engine, I understand how they need to be on current gen consoles too now. But by the next Call of Duty, they probably won't have to, in a couple of years, and those couple of years could be well spent coming up with a great engine, only if Activision allows one of their teams.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm sure someone (Durante? Haha, no) will mod it like someone "modded" the Direct X functions in Crysis to run on Windows XP back in the day, surely?

Nachtmaer

Its a rebrand. Seems a little odd to buy a rebrand now. New architecture from Nvidia is just around the corner. Its not like any games atm require that

You seem to know things we don't. There is no sign of Maxwell, unless "around the corner" means in about a year.

You seem to know things we don't. There is no sign of Maxwell, unless "around the corner" means in about a year.

No, its not a couple of months away. But next gen just came out, first 6 months are going to be last-gen games with a few additions, ie higher res textures etc. After that 'new' gen games and engines will arrive. Games then will require more GPU power, and i bet thats also when maxwell will arrive.

zero interest in shooters but love tech talk. i gotta say, i thought people were just being hyperbolic when saying ghosts looks terrible, but fuck, this game looks like absolute garbage

honestly looks like a 360 game in higher res, maybe a bit more aa and thats it. amazing devs.

Gothos

Oh boy, I got a feeling this is just the beginning. Next couple of months gonna be so entertaining. Also, I'm so glad I don't give a frack about all those big franchises :)

Nibel

All we can hope is that TreyArch is working on some bigger update than that

Look at Battlefield 4 or Killzone - Call Of Duty 2014 will look like a pile of shit when it releases in the fall with the same engine

Grief.exe

To be fair, I've thought Call of Duty looked like a pile of shit for along time. Console gamers are just now going to catch on.

I wonder if it's just a ways of getting people to buy next gen systems? Current gen consoles only have 6v6 MP for this game.

I did think for a moment that it may actually be the publishers pushing PC gamer's to upgrade the amount of RAM they have, so more PC gamer's will be capable of playing future releases.

Too conspiracy sounding however :p

Grief.exe

I did think for a moment that it may actually be the publishers pushing PC gamer's to upgrade the amount of RAM they have, so more PC gamer's will be capable of playing future releases.

Too conspiracy sounding however :p

Getting us ready for Destiny.

Same as always. It's only 360/PS3 that are gimped

I've never played Call of Duty, you might have to go a little more in-depth with me.

9uIDaom.png

This entire project just screams "massive rush job" to me. PC version and console versions. One of the reasons why I'm not a fan of yearly iterations of games.

And lol at "Ghost RAM".

The main menu is unusable for me, it has huge freezing spikes. Any one experiencing this as well?

Edit: Going offline on Steam fixes it. :/

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Every gen PC gamers need roughly 4-5 times the RAM available in current gen consoles just to run games at max settings. So considering that both xbone and ps4 have 8gigs ram, expect PC versions to require around 32 gigs ram.

ib6RuJ8Ta8UZd.gif

Top Bottom