• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts sneek peeke

It's been confirmed it will only be in trailer form at the Xbox event - no live gameplay demo nor will it be playable. They'll likely hold that off until the MS E3 press conference, where every CoD game since 4 has been demoed live.

RetroStu

Banned
It's been confirmed it will only be in trailer form at the Xbox event - no live gameplay demo nor will it be playable. They'll likely hold that off until the MS E3 press conference, where every CoD game since 4 has been demoed live.

I'm not suprised but do you have a link?

netBuff

KZ3 level visuals at 1080p/60fps would actually be a pretty good expectation from a launch window/cross gen CoD.

Considering Battlefield 4 is targeting 60 FPS on next gen consoles as well, wouldn't that be rather disappointing after what we've seen of that game so far?

Vico

I know you guys will dig a game just with wireframes on the models.

i9ogHZ3w4G9s3.gif

Wow, it looks so good in gif form.
I think I would actually like such a thing.

MYE

Okay, maybe it's just me, but I think that looks kind of amazing. Is it bad that I think the wireframe looks better than the actual game itself? Okay, maybe exaggerating a little bit. Shadow Fall looks pretty amazing, but still...

We need a game that has a Matrix-like art-style.

No, I like it better too lol

RetroStu

Banned
http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/05...trailer-for-call-of-duty-ghosts-no-live-demo/

The E3 press conference is only 18 days after the reveal Tuesday, but it really makes me wonder if the Xbox reveal event will just focus on hardware/specs and leave games for E3.

Cheers. There will be games there whether its live demo's or simply an extended compilation video, they will be there. Microsoft know that 99% of everyone watcing this event will be gamers and gamers who want to see games and the kind of graphics this thing will be pumping out.

MormaPope

Banned
Okay, maybe it's just me, but I think that looks kind of amazing. Is it bad that I think the wireframe looks better than the actual game itself? Okay, maybe exaggerating a little bit. Shadow Fall looks pretty amazing, but still...

We need a game that has a Matrix-like art-style.

Imagine looking at wire frame graphics for 10 hours. It would be the most boring art style after the initial hour of play.

Also The Matrix art style wise was based on an eerily pristine environment, along with green hues to signify how envious and greedy the populous was in The Matrix. Wire framing isn't really part of The Matrix except for a few shots.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Considering Battlefield 4 is targeting 60 FPS on next gen consoles as well, wouldn't that be rather disappointing after what we've seen of that game so far?

We still don't have confirmation on the 60fps for BF4 and the only footage we have from it is running on a 7990 so that's hard to say if it's disappointing since we have no idea what the next gen version will look like.

netBuff

We still don't have confirmation on the 60fps for BF4 and the only footage we have from it is running on a 7990 so that's hard to say if it's disappointing since we have no idea what the next gen version will look like.

I see. Battlefield 4 not targeting 60 FPS on consoles would be a major bummer to me - and the preview footage running on an 7990 does explain it looking this fantastic, now I'm very curious what the next gen versions (especially relative to each other) will look like (maybe have to temper my expectations a bit?).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I see. Battlefield 4 not targeting 60 FPS on consoles would be a major bummer to me - and the preview footage running on an 7990 does explain it looking this fantastic, guess I'll have to temper my expectations for next gen versions a bit.

I have the 2GB 60fps version of the video and the trailer cuts at the end after the gameplay were 30fps with heavy motion blur and improved DoF over the 60fps gameplay which had no blur and lessened DoF. If the console versions looked like the 30fps part of the unveil they'll look insanely good.

RetroStu

Banned

I'd be suprised if BF4 isn't targeting 60fps on next gen, the current systems will have a reasonable looking version of the game running at 30fps or close to it so i see know reason why 8-10 times more powerful next gen systems won't be able to do a good looking version at 60fps, especially as its pretty much a given that their biggest and better selling rival in COD will be aiming for 60fps no doub't.

Vine is the worst thing to happen to us in a long time.

it's like, now you can be arbitrarily limited to incredibly short videos! ITS LIKE TWITTER FOR VIDEOS

WHO WOULDNT LOVE IT?

And of course, the brain dead, ADD teen girl demo that drives twitter/instagram loves it...

CALL YOUR FRIENDS TO LET THEM KNOW ABOUT THIS AMAZING MATCH REVEAL

Guess they'll be showing off more behind-the-scenes stuff soon enough.

I'd be interested if they didn't completely fuck over people who bought the Wii U version of the last game. That was a quick way to lose a customer for good.

Top Bottom