• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Sells 6.5 Million Copies In 24 Hours In NA/UK Alone

BKK

What I'm saying is that the more established a franchise becomes, the higher the percentage of the fanbase purchases that game day one.

If the YoY day one increase is big enough to offset the increasingly frontloaded nature of the franchise then you can still see higher day one sales, higher post day one sales, and also more frontloaded sales. There isn't necessarily any contradiction there, the only question is if 16% YoY day one increase is enough to offset the increased "frontloadedness".

I don't have the YoY day one increases for previous entries, but I suspect they were higher than this one. I also suspect that day one to lifetime ratios has also become higher with each new entry. If anyone has those figures please post.

As the only independant tracker mentioned in this PR; Chart-Track are showing that MW3 is indeed down on MW2 over the same time period, should we assume that US sales are up so much that they wipe out the UK declines, or should we be sceptical about Activisions "customer sell-through information" in the US?

Top Bottom