• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

Playing for the first time in months as rainbow six is playing up. I have the little green markers still beside some classes showing there's something new unlocked.

But there isn't.

Anyone else have this

Kalentan

Playing for the first time in months as rainbow six is playing up. I have the little green markers still beside some classes showing there's something new unlocked.

But there isn't.

Anyone else have this

It's a glitch. Been there since launch and they never fixed it. It's annoying.

GravyButt

So I have this but still haven't played it yet. Was thinking about it this week.

My buddy told me to stay far away that its a total camper and sniper fest. Is that true?

So I have this but still haven't played it yet. Was thinking about it this week.

My buddy told me to stay far away that its a total camper and sniper fest. Is that true?

Unfortunately yes. Of course sometimes you get good matches but more often than not you just get popped by sniper fire repeatedly trying to go from one point to the next. It does not feel like the original I played on PS3 where I primarily run and gunned and had a good time of it.

DOWN

Banned
Is there still no sign of a standalone release or at least a MW Trilogy instead of with Infinite Warfare?

shanafan

Is there still no sign of a standalone release or at least a MW Trilogy instead of with Infinite Warfare?

th

Im proud that I didn't buy Infinite just to get my hands on this.

Still I think Activision is missing the boat on players like me who would pay $$ just to play this again, but I will never buy it as long as it is attached to Infinite.

Its been your move for 6 months now. I will not budge, so its your call Activision. If you released it for 20-30 and charged me another 15 or what ever for map pack im in, but not as a bundle with Infinite. Never.

They are leaving money on the table.

I cant be the only one who is of this mindset.

Depends on the game mode I guess. Only play hardcore S&D and that seems fine. Pretty much the way it was and enjoying it a lot. I play some HC TDM every now and then. Although there are campers with snipers here and there, most of them are dead easy to kill because they refuse to move.

Still love the game. Haven't played online shooters this much in years, if you don't count Last Of Us.

Still I think Activision is missing the boat on players like me who would pay $$ just to play this again, but I will never buy it as long as it is attached to Infinite.

Its been your move for 6 months now. I will not budge, so its your call Activision.

There was a sale on Xmas (at least in Europe) where the price was significantly lower. I think it was around 49 euros? Had no problem paying that for the remake. Digital version so never even downloaded the new one.

shanafan

Its been your move for 6 months now. I will not budge, so its your call Activision. If you released it for 20-30 and charged me another 15 or what ever for map pack im in, but not as a bundle with Infinite. Never.

Infinite Warfare isn't a bad game at all, so your defiance of not buying it is something that's not Activision's fault. IW was the top selling game last year, so Activision will probably not change this business model at all. It's been a win for them.

Caayn

Infinite Warfare isn't a bad game at all, so your defiance of not buying it is something that's not Activision's fault. IW was the top selling game last year, so Activision will probably not change this business model at all. It's been a win for them.
Jup.

Bought the legacy pro edition. So I got 2 full games and a season pass for €80,-. Pretty good price if you ask me.

IW surprised me somewhat, the campaign (especially the space missions and the new take on mission structure is a welcome addition) and zombies are fun.

dreamfall

Made the grave mistake of buying it on PC when it launched. Should've gone console - 34 players playing MWR at night yesterday was just shitty enough to kick myself for playing it on the wrong platform.

I ended up playing MW3 - it's amazing how well the older COD titles hold up on PC when you just want some grounded combat.

Foxxsoxx

Made the grave mistake of buying it on PC when it launched. Should've gone console - 34 players playing MWR at night yesterday was just shitty enough to kick myself for playing it on the wrong platform.

I ended up playing MW3 - it's amazing how well the older COD titles hold up on PC when you just want some grounded combat.

34 players? Jesus that's crazy.

GRIMREEFZ

Windows Store or Steam?

shanafan

Curious, where did you see this number? In Steam under the Community Hub, it will only show how many are in group chat. IW's Community Hub page though shows a player count.

I just realized they did a 4 map dlc for this. Is it worth $15? Annoyed that it couldn't be free, they really milk this stuff. Or at least include it with infinite warfare season pass.

Prop Hunt is incredible, should be permanent.

I just realized they did a 4 map dlc for this. Is it worth $15? Annoyed that it couldn't be free, they really milk this stuff. Or at least include it with infinite warfare season pass.

Not really, the same exact maps were $5 cheaper nearly 10 years ago.

Kalentan

Trying to farm up the depot credits is insane on Dominiation. You get some matches where you literally spawn and die over and over.

For all of the talk of the older games being slower and such less chaotic than the newer games. I say bullshit. MWR at it's most hectic is far more so than any new CoD.

At least with IW, I can get a match where we're being dominated but doesn't become a test in masochism.

As someone that caved on this recently, you did the right thing. This is an enormous waste of money.

shanafan

Even more grains of salt, I heard a rumour MW would be coming to Switch in the Summer. Not a reliable source at all, but this gamefly listing has a similar date so perhaps this makes the rumour more plausible.

Where did you hear about MW coming to Switch this summer?

Trying to farm up the depot credits is insane on Dominiation. You get some matches where you literally spawn and die over and over.

For all of the talk of the older games being slower and such less chaotic than the newer games. I say bullshit. MWR at it's most hectic is far more so than any new CoD.

At least with IW, I can get a match where we're being dominated but doesn't become a test in masochism.

Its kind of an underappreciated element of the newer movement systems,
barring the horrendous spawns(which COD4 is now experiencing thanks to Remastered) you can really nope the hell out in BO3 for example.

Danneee

Even more grains of salt, I heard a rumour MW would be coming to Switch in the Summer. Not a reliable source at all, but this gamefly listing has a similar date so perhaps this makes the rumour more plausible.

I'd buy the hell out of a Switch version. Portable MW multiplayer? Yes thank you.

But I'm not even cautiously optimistic this will happen.

I would believe in this rumor even if it doesn't end up being true. Seems like the best way for Activision to test the Switch waters without having spend too many resources and money. Plus is a damn good remaster.

Kalentan

Its kind of an underappreciated element of the newer movement systems,
barring the horrendous spawns(which COD4 is now experiencing thanks to Remastered) you can really nope the hell out in BO3 for example.

Yup. In COD4 since escaping isn't really a thing, you can get into matches that become you spawning and dying over and over because you spawn right into the sights of another.

Also people... STOP voting for Killhouse in general!

groansey

You ask because you want to check the reliability of the source? I already said treat it as unreliable. The only reason I mentioned it is because the dates line up with the supposed standalone release.

HF2014

Bought this game on PS4. Really thinking about getting the variety map pack to add more. Just curious, how many of ps4 owner here bought the pack? Just want to make sure i wont have difficulty getting games, being on an different loop of players and having difficulty finding games because not lot of people bought it. Curious if lots of people actualy bought it. Its on special atm till the 5, and at that price its very temptating.

Hip Hop

Just got this for the Xbox and it's ugly as hell.

Even if the resolution was decent, the colors, lighting, and textures look terrible.

The original PC version from 2007 is miles ahead of this.

Other than that though, it's just as fun.

EDIT:

I cant get over how trash this game looks, worse than some last gen titles.

HF2014

Just got this for the Xbox and it's ugly as hell.

Even if the resolution was decent, the colors, lighting, and textures look terrible.

The original PC version from 2007 is miles ahead of this.

Other than that though, it's just as fun.

EDIT:

I cant get over how trash this game looks, worse than some last gen titles.

Is your Xbox faulty? I seriously dont see it as an ugly game at all. Comparing the 2007 game better, man something is seriously wrong with your machine, i think it look pretty great.

Dubz

Playing this for the first time since launch. I'm actually pretty hyped to play the new COD without all the crazy movement. This game is a hell of a lot of fun, and brings back a lot of good memories. My age is catching up to me though. Im not nearly as good as I was 10 years ago.

Anyone having problems(more so than usual) with spawns for about the last week or two making it nearly unplayable?

Every single match has just turned into a circle jerk in a corner.
Crossfire is the top of the hill
Overgrown is the gas station
Crash is the Marines' spawn
Bog is the fence area
etc

Both teams just repeatedly spawning together in those places nearly the entire match.

Matty8787

The game is just a lag fest... every 2nd or 3rd match I just see people stuttering and skipping all over the place on Xbox one.

50mbps connection too so it ain't that.

Anyhow any tips for when I do get a decent game cause fuck I am shit haha

I so wish they'd do 3rd Person Team Tactical as a Weekend Warfare.

Anyhow any tips for when I do get a decent game cause fuck I am shit haha
Most useful tip would be to keep your back to a wall while moving/facing away from your team because revenge spawns are ridiculous.

Basically once I kill one or two people one direction I start to check around the area behind me.

Consumer

So I noticed the MP portion of this game is only ~30 GB whereas the full game is 76 GB...

Any way to delete just the SP portion? Otherwise I'll have to delete MWR shortly after getting the plat, since my [1.5 TB] HDD is full of necessary games :(

ParanoidRED

Banned
Was rewatching the MW2019 trailer and it reminded me that MWog was on Plus and decided to give the SP a go and oh boy, it's just as good as i remembered

Tight mission structure, fantastic enemy placement and godly gunplay and I can't stop gushing about that Dragunov!!!

Top Bottom