• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

Moozo

The concerning thing about this is some higher-up clown at Activision still thinks this is really the way to go...

Can't see this being of Raven's doing. Hope they offer a classic mode if they're going to make any more changes.

I have 10k scrap and I can buy them now so no they are not locked but yes I had to buy crates to get scrap so yes they are locked.

Logic.

A perfect game.

Now ruined.

Pay to win.

Appalling new gun balance.

Done with it.

Shall we all club together and buy Raven a dictionary so they can understand that REMASTER doesn't mean adding entirely new gameplay elements that were never in the game?

A perfect game.

Now ruined.

Pay to win.

Appalling new gun balance.

Done with it.

Shall we all club together and buy Raven a dictionary so they can understand that REMASTER doesn't mean adding entirely new gameplay elements that were never in the game?
I stopped playing ages ago because of the supply drops and knew it was only a matter of time before this happened.

Gorillaz

I knew this wouldn't last

The game already had built in changes that they acted like weren't implemented but that is pretty much seals it.

Imagine when that abomination of a game MW2 gets remastered next. Can see all that supply shit get disgusting

Swiggins

I knew this wouldn't last

The game already had built in changes that they acted like weren't implemented but that is pretty much seals it.

Imagine when that abomination of a game MW2 gets remastered next. Can see all that supply shit get disgusting

MW2 already had appalling balance, almost everything was overpowered in one way or another.

Hell the DLC weapons might actually be worse.

MW2 already had appalling balance, almost everything was overpowered in one way or another.

Hell the DLC weapons might actually be worse.

MW2 was a mess but the fact that now WE KNOW that a remaster actually means complete remake adding new guns that weren't in the game means I won't be buying.

I bought this on the premise it was a remaster of modern warfare.

It's no longer that.

Swiggins

MW2 was a mess but the fact that now WE KNOW that a remaster actually means complete remake adding new guns that weren't in the game means I won't be buying.

I bought this on the premise it was a remaster of modern warfare.

It's no longer that.

I feel for you man, I avoided buying CoD for the first time in years, so I dodged the bullet, but I feel sorry for everybody who got the wool pulled over their eyes. :(

Mengetsu

I can see why people are mad at the situation but, I haven't spent a penny drops or on weapons and have gotten two of the 3 already from Depot Points and Spending the in game credits on the supply drops. I expected this from them but wasn't bothered going in. As long as I ain't got to play twitch shooting in the air and off the wall combat I am happy with the game.

I want to know if we're gonna get the last maps for free or will they charge.

Yeah I'm done with CoD I've always said since Ghosts I'm never buying another one but I did I loved Black Ops 3 but that was the first lie

"Nah supply drops will only have cosmetics!" To "oh we've added tons of new guns n shit in supply drops!"

And the fact they've pulled the EXACT same stunt twice be it Raven or Activision has made me say NOPE to CoD

The rumours are the next CoD is gonna be "boots on the ground" and "back to basics" to try and convince us all to buy it again but I guarantee the next CoD will have all these supply drops n whatever

Might as well just launch with it

Sorry CoD 4 I'm done with you no longer are you a remaster it's more of a reimagining and also I'm done with the series for good

Like someone suggested can a mod change the thread title to "Downfall of the king" ?

So we can now preorder the map pack. Seems steep for 4 maps...

Steep isn't the word. These are maps that cost $10 as original content back in 2008. They've been copy/pasted/uprezzed for 2017 and now they suddenly cost more. More scumbag Activision behavior.

Kalentan

Debating buying the Variety pack to try and get back into the game. Use that 20% coupon PSN is giving out to get it along with some other stuff on sale for cheap.

Sooo.... they are adding thermal sights, heartbeat sensors, and underbarrel shotguns to the game.

Cosmetics... Okay...
New game modes... fine...
Melee weapons... hmph...
New guns that thematically fit and are balanced... ugh, whatever...
THERMAL SIGHTS AND HEARTBEAT SENSORS... FUCK YOU!

Despite my displeasure and annoyance with all of the other stuff they added that wasn't in the original game, none of it really changed how the game was played. The new guns are all real guns from the modern era that are balanced at the very least. But thermal sights and heartbeat sensors will change how the game plays, that's the straw.

Taker34

Banned
Sooo.... they are adding thermal sights, heartbeat sensors, and underbarrel shotguns to the game.

Cosmetics... Okay...
New game modes... fine...
Melee weapons... hmph...
New guns that thematically fit and are balanced... ugh, whatever...
THERMAL SIGHTS AND HEARTBEAT SENSORS... FUCK YOU!

Despite my displeasure and annoyance with all of the other stuff they added that wasn't in the original game, none of it really changed how the game was played. The new guns are all real guns from the modern era that are balanced at the very least. But thermal sights and heartbeat sensors will change how the game plays, that's the straw.

img_0954kzuvo.jpg

Even if they bundle MW2 with WW2 there's no way in hell I'll purchase it for the multiplayer. Would replay it for the platinum trophy like CoD4, enjoy the classic game for a few months before they add unbearable crap, no one ever asked for this. Never touched CoD4 again, since the announcement of RNG crates.

Gorillaz

Nah

If they are actually adding thermals, heartbeat and underbarrel then they might as well just change everything else about it and make new maps. Shit is gone. Just scorch earth and make it it's own thing now.

Good luck to yall that buy the MW2 remaster tho. Was barely going to touch it because MW2 was a mess to begin with but definitely out.

Hip Hop

As someone that has been playing COD4 original on PC since it dropped (and still playing weekly), all the new changes the remaster has been getting sound great to me.

I even hated that they kept original sound on guns.

I need a console soon as I'm in no way buying this for PC.

shanafan

So when someone on the other team calls in a UAV, am I able to shoot it down? I look for it, but never seem to be able to find it.

Whaaattt

So I played this for the first time and I have like no complants

Its just as I remember. Love the maps, love the guns. People play like cowards and camp but I dont mind it as they dont tend to do well. There are enough people moving around.

I honestly favour this to modern cod games. The pacing feels so much better

Can someone catch me up to speed on this game's DLC.

I see there is the map DLC split off again, but are the supply drops really that bad? Is it just cosmetic or are there game changing weapons/attachments?

alexbull_uk

I see there is the map DLC split off again, but are the supply drops really that bad? Is it just cosmetic or are there game changing weapons/attachments?

There's the DLC map pack, which is just the 4 DLC maps from the original.

Supply drops are mostly cosmetic (there's a ton of emblems, camos and that kind of stuff, so most drops will give you those), but there are new 'game-changing' items in there. For each class of weapon (assault rifle, SMG, etc.) there's at least 1 new gun, and there's a bunch of melee weapons too, but those don't make any difference to gameplay.

I personally haven't had any problems with the new guns added. They fit the theme of the game and none of them (except maybe the auto shotgun) are best-in-class.

Also worth mentioning that it's possible to unlock the stuff you want by using 'parts' - which you'll get a decent amount of by opening crates that you earn via gameplay.

MorshuTheTrader

Neo Member

They're not that bad really. None of the guns are actually contained in the boxes. You unlock them by getting all the items in their corresponding "collection", which are contained in boxes, but you can also craft the items.

It's not as nearly as bad as other CoD's because you will always earn them over time by crafting, rather than it just being complete chance.

Honestly, I dont have a problem with new guns if they are not superior

What I cant stand is the map dlc. Its so shitty to do.

Im of the opinion that I dont mind seeing the core game tweaked, like the perks or m16 recoil. At this point, I wish theyd have done that if they are introducing new content

How many play on ps4?

Like Im having so much fun just like the good old days but I hate that the game is locked behind IW because it could become so much healthier

Are we expecting a WaW remaster this year?

Games a classic man.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
How many play on ps4?

Like Im having so much fun just like the good old days but I hate that the game is locked behind IW because it could become so much healthier

Are we expecting a WaW remaster this year?

That sounds ripe for over-saturation, what with the new game being WWII based as well. Infinite Warfare and MWR are pretty different, both in setting and gameplay style.

Top Bottom