• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

I may give the PM a shot, though I always think the best way to learn is just go in and play--bots never replicate human vagary to well. Maybe just to run around and get a feel for them...

Oh, so those modes are Supremacy and Control from Destiny. Got it.

Is there enough of us here to party up for an all gaf SnD/FFA match?

I definitely agree the best way to learn is to jump head first. Getting your ass kicked in the beginning might not be fun but you'll learn a few things, lol.

Winter Crash 24/7 should be up or its running late.

Looks like there may be double XP this weekend! Double XP + Winter Crash should be fun. I know, I know...it's no Shipment but take what you can :p

I want to say it takes about an hour to get 10 depot credits for a common drop. I also think it's based on (mostly) playtime. I'm usually playing Domination, and I come out with 2 credits per game.

I see no need to save 30. Common drops are really generous as it is, and if it does indeed take an hour just to get 10, I don't want to wait 3 hours just to open a box, lol.

aristotle

Can't wait! Going to get to work on those challenges.

Forget the sprinting challenges, unless they fix it. You'll never get past the first challenge and the camo will never get unlocked. Enjoy! :p

I want all the Christmas camos, but the sprinting ones and the melee ones will be forever out of reach I think.

No idea what the update is but I hope it stops telling me I have new "killer" calling cards and emblems when I don't!

It keeps on saying there's something new to be viewed in my class when there isn't. Also I never enter a game with a start time anymore. The game starts and I move after everyone else has already taken off.

Forget the sprinting challenges, unless they fix it. You'll never get past the first challenge and the camo will never get unlocked. Enjoy! :p

I want all the Christmas camos, but the sprinting ones and the melee ones will be forever out of reach I think.

Why do you say that? Is it glitched for you or you feel it'll take too long?

I was able to get both no problems.

For melee, I used a P90 with extreme conditioning and jugg, lol.

aristotle

Why do you say that? Is it glitched for you or you feel it'll take too long?

I was able to get both no problems.

For melee, I used a P90 with extreme conditioning and jugg, lol.

It's glitched for me. It's a known issue that the sprinting challenges (not just for the xmas camo) are bugged. Mine says complete for the first one, but I don't have the camo and the second one will not complete.

The melee is a bit hit or miss. 50 melees is a PITA. I've gotten 4 so far before the 24/7 playlist lol. I tried to get people in gungame to play along, but they're all tools who care about K/D.

It's glitched for me. It's a known issue that the sprinting challenges (not just for the xmas camo) are bugged. Mine says complete for the first one, but I don't have the camo and the second one will not complete.

The melee is a bit hit or miss. 50 melees is a PITA. I've gotten 4 so far before the 24/7 playlist lol. I tried to get people in gungame to play along, but they're all tools who care about K/D.

Oh damn, that sucks. Hope that gets cleared up soon. I never checked to see if the camo actually unlocked. Now I'm curious lol.

Winter Crash 24/7 is a Moshpit (from what I read) with TDM, KC, Domination and Hardpoint. Domination should be a good mode for melee. Equip 3x flash grenades and get the jump on them! It doesn't help that melee can be a little wonky though.

It keeps on saying there's something new to be viewed in my class when there isn't. Also I never enter a game with a start time anymore. The game starts and I move after everyone else has already taken off.
This is so annoying.

It says I have a new class item... in the p90... then it's attachments... but I've unlocked them all.

I can't get rid!!!

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I see no need to save 30. Common drops are really generous as it is, and if it does indeed take an hour just to get 10, I don't want to wait 3 hours just to open a box, lol.

After the lootcrate stuff with Overwatch, I tune out cosmetic shit. If I get it great, I'll use it; if I don''t, IDGAF. That said the drops do seem bugged-- I should have melee kills and some other random stuff, but it seems it didn't register. It also took me destroying a chopper twice for the card to pop.

An update just kicked me out on the PS4.

15G? Wtf?

They adding more stuff today?

5MBs for me I think. Said "Bug Fixes" in patch notes. 1.07

Recorded this yesterday. When you really want those melee kills on Winter Crash:

BasicScientificChrysomelid-size_restricted.gif

Really thought I had it when he laid on the floor.

jay23

Don't rush down the most obvious route every round.

Wait ten seconds.

Or if you feel compelled to go straight away then stick to the outskirts.

I've started waiting a few seconds but that gives the other team advantage on map control. I'll probably start equipping jug and extreme conditioning just to avoid the nades.

When you spawn on crash at the top of the hill by the repair shop throw a nade between the 2 poles at the center of the heli crash towards the 3 story building where the other eam can hop on the garbage can and look over the middle of the map.

Vice versa obviously. Those nade spots is more about knowing how to predict when they will get there. Alot of us have been playing those maps for so long chucking nades like Carmello Anthony
was going to just put melo but idk who here is a big bball fan or not lol
and getting hit that you just "know"

It's literally like relearning how to ride a bike all over again with some of these spots. You go "oh yea"

Thanks for the response I've been watching "Im marksman" on YouTube who seems to be really good at SnD and spawn nades.

My thing is I never played cod 4 so once I learn all the maps properly and the routes people like to take I'll get a lot better. It's really amazing tho how they have a perk that gives u 3 nades lol.

^^
How in the hell do you play it with the sensitivity that high?

Lol I've been playing with a high sensitivity since MW2. It's on 7 at the moment.

So I noticed when looking at my combat record, my melee kills and the environment kills both reset after I prestige. Not mad about it but I enjoy seeing my stats and seeing how far I've come.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Sent you a FR

Shit, I got drunk and didn't see it. My apologies. I'll accept tomorrow. (I hate when that happens to me, so I am very sorry!)

@Hispanicguy No clue what Prestige is. And doubt I ever will.

Also, Shipyard is total craziness.

Played IW MP. Ugh... think I'll just buy Titanfall 2 for that type of MP.

EDIT: Is MWR dying already? I got in two matches with 3 people. 1-1 TDM is straight up stupid.

For people curious about the SMG holiday camos, the stat rounds up. Sprinting two feet forward will cause the tracker to show 1 mile. Even if it says "2 miles", you haven't actually run two miles. Keep going.

After the lootcrate stuff with Overwatch, I tune out cosmetic shit. If I get it great, I'll use it; if I don''t, IDGAF. That said the drops do seem bugged-- I should have melee kills and some other random stuff, but it seems it didn't register. It also took me destroying a chopper twice for the card to pop.

You need to be a certain level before certain challenges will become available. Which is dumb.

I can't see such an announcement anywhere, where did you get the double XP from?

I'm at level 49 right now, double XP should help me get past the "don't have anything good unlocked" phase quickly when I prestige.

aristotle

It seems to have finally been fixed, but here's the images of when the sprinting challenges wouldn't unlock for me.

Notice how it says awarded.
odenm1r.png

See how the bar says it's complete.
aeoLcl9.jpg

Don't laugh at my K/D. I'm an OBJ player! :p I don't really care about K/D at all.

aristotle

It's not. The bar rounds up. You're not quite done yet.

You missed where it says complete "awarded" on the other screen. But it's been fixed since last night. That was several days ago. All I did was run once and it gave it to me. It was bugged. The sprinting challenges have issues.

You missed where it says complete "awarded" on the other screen. But it's been fixed since last night. That was several days ago. All I did was run once and it gave it to me. It was bugged. The sprinting challenges have issues.

No, I saw it. It's odd, but the Combat Record shows challenges as completed (and thus, rewards rewarded) if the bar reads out as full, even if it's rounding up (and thus not complete). The sprinting challenges, to my knowledge, are the only ones that actually do this, as they measure by units traveled instead of actual miles, but readout in "miles" on the challenge proper. It hung on the "sprint a mile" challenge for me, too; even though it read as 26/26 and was "Awarded" the MW cover calling card, I didn't have the card until a little bit more jogging about.

It's kinda weird.

ch4fx_

I bought the physical edition of IW & MW:RE, but I don't plan on playing IW. Is there anything I can do about IW showing up on my home screen every time I turn on my PS4? It prompts the download every time & unfortunately I do not have took on my HD for both games. It's more of an annoyance than anything as I'm met with a series of error messages each time I turn on my console.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the physical edition of IW & MW:RE, but I don't plan on playing IW. Is there anything I can do about IW showing up on my home screen every time I turn on my PS4? It prompts the download every time & unfortunately I do not have took on my HD for both games. It's more of an annoyance than anything as I'm met with a series of error messages each time I turn on my console.

Nope. Apparently, MWR requires an IW disc-check. Annoying, for sure. The used market would be flooded with IW, too. lol

LiK

Platinum GET! Jesus, Veteran really shows how damn insane it gets in some areas. I wonder if they even have people test it out properly cuz I died so much compared to Hardened, lol

I deleted it cuz it takes up so much HDD space and I have no interest in revisiting the MP. Was nice to return to this game after all these years. Def worth buying for fans of the original.

C0Zcm7qWgAAIRHR.jpg

ch4fx_

Headquarters on Shipment should be a 24/7 playlist, good fun & somehow less hectic than Domination on Shipment. I assume the featured playlist changes weekly?

FUCK DOMINATION ON SHIPMENT

Nope. Apparently, MWR requires an IW disc-check. Annoying, for sure. The used market would be flooded with IW, too. lol

This is too bad :(. For marketing purposes, I totally understand them forcing you to keep IW in order to play RE, but that download prompt each time I turn on my console is ANNOYING AS HELL. That said, I'm enjoying the game more than I thought I would so canceling a prompt occasionally isn't the end of the world.

Do I need a code for MW Remastered? Or am I good with a pre-owned copy if I only want to MW Remastered? Lecagy Edition of course.

PS4 btw

You need a code, so you can't buy it used. In addition, if you get a physical copy you must keep Infinite Warfare installed - if you get a digital download, the two games will be separate.

Tarnpanzer

Finally got my last christmas camo. 50 wins are hard to get if nobody plays the objective. Although I have to say DOM really sucks on Crash.

TheZink

I picked this up for my son for Christmas but he just wants to play infinite warfare so I'm playing a bit of the remaster. Man I forgot how much I love this game. Old school multiplayer. So much fun.

Maxxan

So I bought Infinite Warfare during the Black Friday sale on Amazon and just now popped the game in. So apparently the Remaster isn't included, only in limiter edition copiew? Fair enough I guess, but can I buy the Remaster separately now that I own Infinite Warfare??

MrNelson

Banned
So I bought Infinite Warfare during the Black Friday sale on Amazon and just now popped the game in. So apparently the Remaster isn't included, only in limiter edition copiew? Fair enough I guess, but can I buy the Remaster separately now that I own Infinite Warfare??
No, you have to purchase the Legacy Edition. There is no way to get it if you buy the base version of Infinite Warfare.

Maxxan

No, you have to purchase the Legacy Edition. There is no way to get it if you buy the base version of Infinite Warfare.

Wow, I just wasted 30 euros then :( I can get them wanting me to buy the new game to get the remaster, but why force me to buy their game twice? It doesn't make any sense

Noirulus

Just picked this up for the PS4. I miss the game, such a blast. Only problem I've noticed is that the spawns are really fucked up and grenades are even worse than when I played the game on the PS3...

I think it needs to be reiterated that spawns are really bad. Its like they only spawn on the opposite side of the map so you can game the spawns and get free kills.

MrNelson

Banned
Wow, I just wasted 30 euros then :( I can get them wanting me to buy the new game to get the remaster, but why force me to buy their game twice? It doesn't make any sense
They didn't force you to do anything. The onus is on you for not taking the 5 minutes to research what has been known since long before the game was released.

Maxxan

They didn't force you to do anything. The onus is on you for not taking the 5 minutes to research what has been known since long before the game was released.
I knew I needed the base game. I didn't know I'd have to rebuy the game if I got the standard version. Waste of money, I'll just sell the disc

Top Bottom