• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

Kalentan

I don't know how well it would work but does anyone else wish they would add Frontline from IW into MWR? So much better than just pure TDM imho.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't know how well it would work but does anyone else wish they would add Frontline from IW into MWR? So much better than just pure TDM imho.

In a game like MWR, I think it'd make spawn camping worse. The less head-glitchy map design, longer TTK, and advanced movement system in Infinite Warfare are part of what makes that mode work.

are the emblems/callsigns from the loot crates of better quality than what came with the game? most of those were like "how to draw manga" book bad

are the emblems/callsigns from the loot crates of better quality than what came with the game? most of those were like "how to draw manga" book bad

Calling Cards are about the same quality with a few more animated ones.
A good portion of emblems look better but thats only really because they look more like medals than just emblem art.

So fucking sick of these spawns, Raven really screwed these up and made the worst of the series.

centracore

If I buy the Digital Legacy Edition on Xbox One do I need to download/install both COD:IW and COD:MW? Or can I just download/install COD:MW? I'm hoping for the latter as COD:IW would be a waste of bandwidth and hard drive space for me.

I just want them to fix the spawning and Ill be on board

It seems like they fixed everytging else right? The flinch, sound, etc

Also, how is the pan population

moai

If I buy the Digital Legacy Edition on Xbox One do I need to download/install both COD:IW and COD:MW? Or can I just download/install COD:MW? I'm hoping for the latter as COD:IW would be a waste of bandwidth and hard drive space for me.

On ps4 i only downloaded mw remastered. Didnt need to download iw.

Wow Sabotage on Wet Work is so screwed, someone from the other team stands at the back of your side of the ship and it literally forces your entire team to spawn in the same exact corner out in the open.
Top player on the other team nearly had 100 kills.

Okay, okay, MWR won me over. I don't know what it was, but something clicked. I guess I just craved that BOTG feel more after hours upon hours of IW. It feels like a breath of fresh air. Fresh air I breathed way back in 2007, but fresh air nonetheless.

GOOCHY

Hit me up if you're looking for a player in Hardcore TDM - BGOOCHY. I'm ranked ~1000 or so right now in Hardcore so we do win a bit. :)

Kalentan

Okay, okay, MWR won me over. I don't know what it was, but something clicked. I guess I just craved that BOTG feel more after hours upon hours of IW. It feels like a breath of fresh air. Fresh air I breathed way back in 2007, but fresh air nonetheless.

MWR is fun when it works. Sometimes the spawns can really make the game unbearable. I've had times where I spawned into an enemy sight line 3 times in a row. Frontlines makes IW very enjoyable for me and even if it would, like Creaking said, be prone to spawn killing... Would be nice to have a variant of it.

MrBlonde

Would be nice if the winter crash 24/7 playlist started today instead I think it's Tuesday, I can't for the life of me figure out why some of these games wait for so close to Xmas to start these types of events?

Kalentan

Good god the spawns are horrible.

Yup. And I think honestly think the worst part of the game is that it allows one team to snow ball WAAAY to easily. You're more likely to have a team make a comeback in IW than you will in MWR which basically becomes *spawn-die-spawn-die* very easily.

Yup. And I think honestly think the worst part of the game is that it allows one team to snow ball WAAAY to easily. You're more likely to have a team make a comeback in IW than you will in MWR which basically becomes *spawn-die-spawn-die* very easily.

That, and people are very eager to camp. And camp. And camp. And camp. And camp.

And oh boy do people love their Stopping Power ACOG M40A3s and M16s. Ugh.

Also, you never realize just how bad the spawns are until you play against an entire team of people running UAV Jammer on their troll classes and get completely stomped. There's no predictability to the spawns; that system puts people wherever it feels like it'd be funniest for a player to be at the time, no matter how inconvenient for them or the people they spawn behind.

Game is great fun when it works. But a lot of the time it does not work. At all.

(Props to Raven for adding female soldiers though; it's really cool to be able to play as Valkyrie)

Why is the TTK so low?? I'm certain it wasn't nearly that low in the original and the way it is in this one makes it damn near unplayable. It's like playing hardcore with a HUD.

Why is the TTK so low?? I'm certain it wasn't nearly that low in the original and the way it is in this one makes it damn near unplayable. It's like playing hardcore with a HUD.

Low tickrate combined with what is essentially hardcoded latency built right into the engine on top of the potential to match into P2P lobbies, and you have yourself a TTK that can feel damn-near instantaneous.

Low tickrate combined with what is essentially hardcoded latency built right into the engine on top of the potential to match into P2P lobbies, and you have yourself a TTK that can feel damn-near instantaneous.

I should've done more research before I bought it because I definitely wouldn't have if I knew it was like that.

Jarrod38

Yep I can still get kills with the grenade launcher right off the bat on Pipeline and Bog. It's always nice getting a airstrike within the first 5 seconds of the game.

kuYuri

Wow Sabotage on Wet Work is so screwed, someone from the other team stands at the back of your side of the ship and it literally forces your entire team to spawn in the same exact corner out in the open.
Top player on the other team nearly had 100 kills.

Don't play Sabotage has always been my advice since the original MW.

Creaking

MWR is a game of anticipation more than response. Unfortunately that means that you have to die a lot before you can come to grips with it.

My p90 shows the green icon (telling you you've something new). I go in... and it's a new attachment. But I've unlocked and selected all the attachments and I can't get rid of that green thing!!!

Yea the resolution seems a bit crisper on the Xbox after the new patch, but still not 1080p. They probably just used a less blurry AA solution, because it was too blurry for 900p.
Sigh, I'll go pick up a PS4 Pro tomorrow or Friday for this game.

Does the Legacy edition work just the same with gamesharing?
Yep! :D

Kalentan

That, and people are very eager to camp. And camp. And camp. And camp. And camp.

And oh boy do people love their Stopping Power ACOG M40A3s and M16s. Ugh.

Also, you never realize just how bad the spawns are until you play against an entire team of people running UAV Jammer on their troll classes and get completely stomped. There's no predictability to the spawns; that system puts people wherever it feels like it'd be funniest for a player to be at the time, no matter how inconvenient for them or the people they spawn behind.

Game is great fun when it works. But a lot of the time it does not work. At all.

I just ran into a Domination match that for the second half became an endless stream of air strikes and helicopters. Everyone on my team kept spawning near the sightlines of all the team who just kept camping and camping. Not to mention having shots not register at all. I can't count the amount of times I've gotten off shots directly at them, only to watch their kill cam and it show me shooting not even once.

Maybe the Remastered did change things but if this is how it was back in the days (haven't played OG MW1 in years), then honestly people really got rose tinted nostalgic glasses for the game. Cause when the game is bad, it's BAD.

Maybe the Remastered did change things but if this is how it was back in the days (haven't played OG MW1 in years), then honestly people really got rose tinted nostalgic glasses for the game. Cause when the game is bad, it's BAD.

It was bad then, too. Rose-tinted glasses are definitely on the faces of many of this game's bigger fans.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Nice, installing now. Just got the Pro set up, and the Legacy edition was on sale for $81 CAD with PS+, which is nice.
Download is still 2/3rds of what it should be, though... gonna take a while. But I'm pumped to play it at not only a crisp 1080p but a downsampled one.

The spawns are bad because they are not like the original

If enemies are scattered everywhere it sure as hell shouldn't drop you in the center of a map(literally every spawn on Pipeline is center of the left building)

None of this crap happened in the original, spawns were based on halfs of the map .
If a certain number crossed the half they flipped.
Those halves were also split so if one or two came to the left it would spawn you far right ... but still on that side with your team.

Like Bog is just absolutely destroyed with these spawns,
You get marines spawning behind the walls while Opfor is spawning right there behind the metal fences.
You get Opfor spawning in the deli/street between buildings with Marines In the bog, spawning in the back of building 2 and in the fence area in front of the deli.
Or as I experienced myself 5 guys spawn in a line at the back of building 2 with an enemy in the next room.

It just about ruins this game, the system is a pos but works in other CODs because the maps are a cluttered mess and maze.
These maps aren't so it really doesn't work at all, it will kill MW2 Remastered as well.
Raven needs to get on it asap.

Creaking

I can't get down with the sound design. Enemy footsteps and gunfire just sound so muted. Often times it's hard to tell them apart from the distant ambiance. Maybe I need better headphones, but I can't see the point of a perk like Dead Silence when movement is already so hard to hear.

I'm watching some original CoD 4 gameplay and the gunfire/footsteps sound much more distinct and easier to place.

I can't get down with the sound design. Enemy footsteps and gunfire just sound so muted. Often times it's hard to tell them apart from the distant ambiance. Maybe I need better headphones, but I can't see the point of a perk like Dead Silence when movement is already so hard to hear.

I'm watching some original CoD 4 gameplay and the gunfire/footsteps sound much more distinct and easier to place.

yup, they fucked up the sound. a lot of the recent CODs are unreliable when it comes to footsteps and other sound distances.

Overboost

Legacy Edition is $49.99 on Amazon today: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EZA0CEE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If you're one of those people waiting for a standalone release of MWR, surely you know that won't happen for at least another 3-4 months, and they won't sell it for anything less than $39.99. Just spend the extra $10 and get this. IW's campaign and zombies are fantastic and the Tactical TDM playlist they just added to MP makes it extremely fun.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's so crisp on the Pro, got dang. I can actually see people at a distance now, and the grass isn't so goddamn fuzzy.

SnD is dying for a frag grenade delay period. The nade spam at the beginning of rounds just forces teams to just sit back. It doesn't help that the grenades have a far ass reach.

Gorillaz

If enemies are scattered everywhere it sure as hell shouldn't drop you in the center of a map(literally every spawn on Pipeline is center of the left building)

None of this crap happened in the original, spawns were based on halfs of the map .
If a certain number crossed the half they flipped.
Those halves were also split so if one or two came to the left it would spawn you far right ... but still on that side with your team.

Like Bog is just absolutely destroyed with these spawns,
You get marines spawning behind the walls while Opfor is spawning right there behind the metal fences.
You get Opfor spawning in the deli/street between buildings with Marines In the bog, spawning in the back of building 2 and in the fence area in front of the deli.
Or as I experienced myself 5 guys spawn in a line at the back of building 2 with an enemy in the next room.

It just about ruins this game, the system is a pos but works in other CODs because the maps are a cluttered mess and maze.
These maps aren't so it really doesn't work at all, it will kill MW2 Remastered as well.
Raven needs to get on it asap.

Yea

Like i've played 4 for so many years I can tell the nuances in it. So have alot of people in here probably. Spawns shoud not be flipping as fast as they do on here especially in Dom. It's incredible they actually made that worse. Let's not talk about spawning in hotzones like the blue house in the middle by Crash. Can't believe that is an actual spawn. One of he biggest kill areas on the map. Incredible.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the questions, but I am trying to decide between this Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2.

Is this game close in feel, play to SOCOM?

Is this version popular? Should it be easy to find games for a while?

EDIT: MP that is.

GOOCHY

The spawns definitely need some work. Spawning along with the enemy in Backlot never used to happen but it happens all the time now. They definitely changed the spawn system from the original.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
The mode Search and Destroy is kind of Socom-ish

Is that popular? Full?

I am truly at a freakin loss as to what game to buy. Titanfall 2 looks great, but the longevity worries me. Battlefield 1 has large-scale battle with tanks, etc., which doesn't interest me, but no worries about longevity.

These leaks of new guns better be fake.

I cannot believe Activision and the devs would be so stupid. We've been crying out for MWR for years.... all we want are the rest of the maps.

Don't dare mess with perfection.

Top Bottom