• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

Is that popular? Full?

I am truly at a freakin loss as to what game to buy. Titanfall 2 looks great, but the longevity worries me. Battlefield 1 has large-scale battle with tanks, etc., which doesn't interest me, but no worries about longevity.
No respawn.

Plays like elemination mode; but also an objective mode where attackers have a choice of bombs to plant and then defend.

Defenders defend both objectives or defuse planted bombs.

For even more socom feels then go hardcore which has an insanely low TTK and no map.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
No respawn.

Plays like elemination mode; but also an objective mode where attackers have a choice of bombs to plant and then defend.

Defenders defend both objectives or defuse planted bombs.

For even more socom feels then go hardcore which has an insanely low TTK and no map.

So it seems either way I'm getting something a bit like SOCOM and a bit like CS:GO. I'm happy...

That's what everyone has said, but vids didn't grab me. Maybe when it's cheaper. Same for TF2.

Wait for a free weekend then

It's one thing to watch some gameplay, it's another thing to play it. It's an actively thoughtful game where you're thinking about your next move, positioning, etc.

Just hit third prestige and still loving it.

Yet to cave and buy cp but I will when they have a special offer in the future like they did in Blops3.

Just hit third prestige and still loving it.

Yet to cave and buy cp but I will when they have a special offer in the future like they did in Blops3.

Kind of amazed at how generous the drops are in the Depot. I opened a handful of RSDs early on and got tons of Legendary and Epic items. It was really nice.

Oh, and buying RSDs paid off today. Had enough weapon parts to complete the Gravedigger Bounty. That shovel is awesome.

Mengetsu

Kind of amazed at how generous the drops are in the Depot. I opened a handful of RSDs early on and got tons of Legendary and Epic items. It was really nice.

Oh, and buying RSDs paid off today. Had enough weapon parts to complete the Gravedigger Bounty. That shovel is awesome.
It is nice also, the fact that I don't mind duplicates is crazy. They give a nice amount of points. I'm at almost 300. I don't plan on spending them but, it's nice to know when I open a box I'm almost getting something new that's being added to the collection.

As it dwindles I'll start getting more dupes which equals more points faster to unlock what I'm missing for the kits.

It is nice also, the fact that I don't mind duplicates is crazy. They give a nice amount of points. I'm at almost 300. I don't plan on spending them but, it's nice to know when I open a box I'm almost getting something new that's being added to the collection.

As it dwindles I'll start getting more dupes which equals more points faster to unlock what I'm missing for the kits.

You guys ain't helping me with the temptation factor here 😀

Mengetsu

You guys ain't helping me with the temptation factor here 😀
As much as you wanna get COD points, I say just wait on a deal. I stick to buying the 10 point box than the 30. I rather get the 3 boxes for the price of 30. I've gotten my fair share of rares and legendary out of those. I see Infinite Warfare had had Double XP almost every weekend since launch, yet MWR has had one. Almost feels like a plea with fans to play it over MWR.

I can't wait for Double Depot Points weekend :)

I have 152 depot credits now. It's Activision so I know they're adding in guns later, so I'm waiting for those to get into the boxes before opening anything.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, man. Played my first match of Search and Destroy this morning... it's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all the help and if anyone wants to play with a level 2 (lol) my PSN name is in my profile.

Gorillaz

Yea they think they are cute by actually putting shipment in there to show up more then it did in 4. Shipment coming up every 4th game. This isn't a "nuketown"situation where you can kinda enjoy it.

Winter Crash is an awesome map. The fact that there's snow and it's nighttime really makes it much more fun IMO. Give me more snow maps!!

Been working on the challenges for this map. Just need 2 left: 50 wins (I have 12) and 500 kills (I have 400).

I hope they add Domination into Hardcore.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Did okay this morning for someone who has never played the game before but got ABSOLUTELY wrecked this afternoon in SnD. 0/10 in one match. Ugh. I gotta play TDM to learn the maps before I shit up that mode again. I love it though. SnD is crazy delicious.

Better guns are available only by unlock? Or is the MP5/M16A4 the go-tos?

I love how chaotic Shipment is. I just wish we could play this map without kill streaks. OK, maybe just UAV. But who cares about UAV, we're all basically in the same room together. I just want to focus on shooting and we can dance around grenades I guess. But all the constant air strikes and choppers really ruin a lot of the fun of Shipment for me.

I wish they did Shipment 24/7 on double XP weekends like they do with Nuketown on the Black Ops games. Leveling is ridiculously fast in there.

I'd play Shipment 24/7 all the time!

Calmine

Anyone playing this on PC? How's the community?

I don't have it on PC, but what I do know is the community is low (less than 1,000 playing, just over if lucky), has no anti-cheat system so hackers are in it and it uses peer to peer. Also apparently players have reported crashing problems after the latest patch.

I was tempted since its release, but Activision really don't give a shit about the PC community so I wouldn't waste your money on it personally. This especially considering you have to get the just as awful PC release of Infinite Warfare to play it.

frontovik

Banned
I don't have it on PC, but what I do know is the community is low (less than 1,000 playing, just over if lucky), has no anti-cheat system so hackers are in it and it uses peer to peer. Also apparently players have reported crashing problems after the latest patch.

I was tempted since its release, but Activision really don't give a shit about the PC community so I wouldn't waste your money on it personally. This especially considering you have to get the just as awful PC release of Infinite Warfare to play it.

Thank you for the info! I was thinking about purchasing a copy in the future, if it was made available separately. Now the multiplayer is definitely of no further interest to me.

I have very fond memories of the single-player experience, so it seems I'll have to wait until the game goes down significantly in a sale.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Noob question: How does one swtich perks in game? I can use Tier 1, but I cannot figure out how to get the Tier 2 perks in my inventory d-pad.

Calmine

Decided not to touch the PC version. Just found that I got like £25 worth of Nectar points to spend. So I can get the legacy edition on PS4 for about £20. Want to know what the community is like on PS4. Are connections decent?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
So I can get the legacy edition on PS4 for about £20. Want to know what the community is like on PS4. Are connections decent?

I'm in US and the connections are good. I have played about two hours so far and only noticed one instance of player stutter. (Dedicated servers if I read correctly.) Easy to find a game, too, and I mostly play Free-for-All and SnD. Oh, I am discussing MWR here. No idea about IW.

If you wanna play sometime my PSN name is in my profile.

Bolivar687

Banned
Noob question: How does one swtich perks in game? I can use Tier 1, but I cannot figure out how to get the Tier 2 perks in my inventory d-pad.

You don't switch them. Tier 1 perks have equipment activated by the D-Pad, the other tiers are passive abilities.

jay23

Can anyone recommend vids to learn all the Search and destroy spawn nade spots?

I'm tired of dying as soon as the round starts it's one of the most frustrating things in this game.

I'm tired of dying as soon as the round starts it's one of the most frustrating things in this game.

Don't rush down the most obvious route every round.

Wait ten seconds.

Or if you feel compelled to go straight away then stick to the outskirts.

Gorillaz

When you spawn on crash at the top of the hill by the repair shop throw a nade between the 2 poles at the center of the heli crash towards the 3 story building where the other eam can hop on the garbage can and look over the middle of the map.

Vice versa obviously. Those nade spots is more about knowing how to predict when they will get there. Alot of us have been playing those maps for so long chucking nades like Carmello Anthony
was going to just put melo but idk who here is a big bball fan or not lol
and getting hit that you just "know"

It's literally like relearning how to ride a bike all over again with some of these spots. You go "oh yea"

There's a special place in hell for people who ruin games of search and destroy with cheap grenade kills at spawn.

Tactical , non respawn battle... and numpty's can't wait to ruin the teams at the start

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Well the tighter spread firing from the hip will help you at close range. If firing from a further distance then you should of course ADS as normal.

Oh, right. I ADS everything, which is probably why I wind up losing most close-range encounters. And I crouch-walk, check corners, while everyone else is sprinting and killing. lol I really need to learn the maps. (And get better reflexes but that isn't happening at this point in my life.)

This game is so good, though. Except Bog, that map fucking sucks.

So I've played SnD, TDM, FFA-- any other ones I should check out. The only thing that worries me a bit is how few people play FFA. It's always <5% on PS4. I get in matches, so maybe that is not a good indication. TDM is freaking popular always in the 80% range.

Oh, right. I ADS everything, which is probably why I wind up losing most close-range encounters. And I crouch-walk, check corners, while everyone else is sprinting and killing. lol I really need to learn the maps. (And get better reflexes but that isn't happening at this point in my life.)

This game is so good, though. Except Bog, that map fucking sucks.

So I've played SnD, TDM, FFA-- any other ones I should check out. The only thing that worries me a bit is how few people play FFA. It's always <5% on PS4. I get in matches, so maybe that is not a good indication. TDM is freaking popular always in the 80% range.

If you want to learn the maps without the headache of people rushing you, you can set up a private match with bots. Bots have various difficulties so you can make them as easy or as hard as you want. You can become familiar with line of sights and where the hot spots are.

Bog is definitely a chore, lol, especially with spawns being ass and snipers everywhere.

In terms of other modes, Kill Confirmed and Domination are good.

Kill Confirmed has you collecting tags when you kill people. That's the only way to score points for your team.

Domination has 3 flags on the map, and you gain points every few seconds based on how many flags your team has captured. The more people on an enemy flag, the faster you capture it.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to learn the maps without the headache of people rushing you, you can set up a private match with bots. Bots have various difficulties so you can make them as easy or as hard as you want. You can become familiar with line of sights and where the hot spots are.

Bog is definitely a chore, lol, especially with spawns being ass and snipers everywhere.

In terms of other modes, Kill Confirmed and Domination are good.

Kill Confirmed has you collecting tags when you kill people. That's the only way to score points for your team.

Domination has 3 flags on the map, and you gain points every few seconds based on how many flags your team has captured. The more people on an enemy flag, the faster you capture it.

I may give the PM a shot, though I always think the best way to learn is just go in and play--bots never replicate human vagary to well. Maybe just to run around and get a feel for them...

Oh, so those modes are Supremacy and Control from Destiny. Got it.

Is there enough of us here to party up for an all gaf SnD/FFA match?

Top Bottom