• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

I posted this on the supply drops thread but it's important here as well. DO NOT OPEN YOUR BOXES YET, SAVE YOUR KEYS.

They've always added new guns into the game via supply drops, with different stats or gameplay features. They're going to do it again. If you use your keys now, you only have a chance of getting cosmetic stuff. This will change. Save your crate keys for when they put new guns or variants into the crates, because it will happen like it has happened with Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare.

That actually only happened in BO3.
In BO3 they said it would only be cosmetics. AW and IW new guns were in supply drops from the start.

3Dprinted

Neo Member
They force me to see others using them, though.

I doubt this will be nearly as aggressive but: Gears 4 is full of garbage looking skins that tie dye entire player models and it really hurts the game's aesthetic, imo.

Welp...they already took the more grounded look and design of Modern Warfare and are slowly converting it into a Toys R Us version of Call of Duty.

They just couldn't help themselves could they? UGH

Yup. I'm amazed people don't care about artistic vision and consistency. It's all garish and ridiculous. Devs need to at least give me an option to toggle off all skins and let me enjoy a vanilla experience...

To be honest new characters and skins are very consistent with the original game, there nothing too garish or ridiculous as far as i can tell.
The golden skin it's still there by the way ;)
I wanted to ask if someone else noticed better resolution on PS4 or it's just me.
The game looks and seems to be running even better!

Nothing is garish and ridiculous in this update to be honest, it's all very consistent with the original game - just more option.
The golden skin for weapons is still there by the way, not very realistic to be honest.

Gun camo is fine, there are a couple silly ones but thats okay. Don't use them if you don't like them.

Character camo is fine, nothing crazy , its just variations on what the factions already had.
And females are literally just genderflipped versions of the same class skins.

Literally the only stupid thing in the update was the beer bottle and maybe the "sword"
But again you will hardly notice people using those compared to BO3's crap.

I posted this on the supply drops thread but it's important here as well. DO NOT OPEN YOUR BOXES YET, SAVE YOUR KEYS.

They've always added new guns into the game via supply drops, with different stats or gameplay features. They're going to do it again. If you use your keys now, you only have a chance of getting cosmetic stuff. This will change. Save your crate keys for when they put new guns or variants into the crates, because it will happen like it has happened with Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare.

Do you know something we don't?

BO3 and IW are not remasters so there is no guarantee that this game will game new guns at all. Also this update has introduced gun variants in the form of 'Kits', they are just cosmetic.

kuYuri

I got bored of the MP after like two weeks, but this update actually has me interested in going back and striving for some of these new cosmetics. Plus all the original maps are back, so the game feels at least complete again. Now we just need the variety map pack.

BO3 and IW are not remasters so there is no guarantee that this game will game new guns at all. Also this update has introduced gun variants in the form of 'Kits', they are just cosmetic.

To be fair, there are completely new weapons in the code.
Striker shotgun
auto shotgun
galil
machine pistol
44 magnum

After three games of bullshit microtransactions, I know better than to trust Activision with not fucking over this game. The game is still balanced so you can enjoy it without spending any keys, but the odds are extremely high that it won't last. Don't spend your Depot Credits on just a chance for cosmetics, they'll add in those stupid guns sooner or later.

And yeah, new weapons in the code. That's also what happened with Black Ops 3 before the guns became usable.

Bolivar687

Banned
Just what I always wanted! COD4 with supply drops!!

I got burned out really quick on the first 10 maps but the remaining 6 really opens up the variety. Kinda crazy MWR has more maps and weapons than IW.

Najaf

Going back to this today was so rough. The movement feels so... clunky. Also, the nostalgia wore off really quick on the maps. The constant helicopter call ins don't help. Back to IW for me, which I'm surprisingly enjoying.

I forgot how much of a bitch Domination B flag is on Showdown, lol.

Played that and Pipeline so far.

This update added a TON of shit and I'm pretty happy about this.

From looking through the armory:

6 melee weapons
11 weapon kits
72 weapon camos
49 reticles
16 characters (different faces/females)
20 combat uniforms
66 calling cards (plus 12 more that are associated with gun game and Hardpoint. These have their own category)
74 emblems (plus 6 more that are associated with gun game and Hardpoint. Also in their own category)

Looking through the emblems, in the category "Task Force"..these icons could pass as prestige icons. I may aim to unlock these first. Really like the look of them.

I already knew I would be playing this for a long time but with everything they added today (and my OCD for wanting to collect everything) I'll definitely be playing for a whiiiile.

Kalentan

Going back to this today was so rough. The movement feels so... clunky. Also, the nostalgia wore off really quick on the maps. The constant helicopter call ins don't help. Back to IW for me, which I'm surprisingly enjoying.

Honestly I get more: "Bullshit!" moments in this then I do in IW. So many quick scopers.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Honestly I get more: "Bullshit!" moments in this then I do in IW. So many quick scopers.

Man, I wouldn't mind passing a few of the MWR snipers into IW (or at least the handling stats). They can keep the assault rifles though.

Just what I always wanted! COD4 with supply drops!!

I got burned out really quick on the first 10 maps but the remaining 6 really opens up the variety. Kinda crazy MWR has more maps and weapons than IW.

MWR has more maps, but I'm pretty sure IW has more weapons (even more if you want to count functionality changing Epic variants). They're just spread out across the classes more evenly, whereas MWR has a bunch of Assault Rifles.

I've been getting 2 keys per match. 3 if I do really well. Getting to 30 seems to take longer than IW. Just opened this up a few moments ago:

zLc7ptd.jpg

The only way to get parts is by opening rare drops. Kinda sucks. At least give us some when we complete a challenge. Or when we prestige. Or when we level up. SOMETHING!

Creaking

The only way to get parts is by opening rare drops. Kinda sucks. At least give us some when we complete a challenge. Or when we prestige. Or when we level up. SOMETHING!

Well, eventually you'll start getting them through dupes, no? And those will come in common drops.

I agree that there should be a baseline reward just from playing though. Don't know why they're so resistant towards adding something like that. We're not gonna suddenly be able to unlock everything in a week. These current systems feel like overcompensation to keep people buying drops.

Overboost

The Epic drop rate in these supply drops is INSANELY generous for COD standards, holy shit. I used some leftover COD Points from BO3 and got multiple triple-Epic crates, and the Parts you get for duplicates seems to be 10X what you'd get in BO3. I got 430 per duplicate multiple times and I've already completed a few collections. Opened 2 more Common supply drops and got an Epic in each one, and now I have 4,000+ parts so I can craft a ton of shit.

I'm 100% happy with today's update. Everything is cosmetic, the weapon kits are BADASS (especially Assassin), there's a ton to grind for now, the melees aren't even worth using anyway and there aren't unique camo challenges tied to them like they were in BO3, so there's no incentive to use them over the knife. Haven't been killed by a single one yet. As long as they stick with loot updates like this, this is only good for the long-term health of the game. People just freaked out when they saw supply drops before they even downloaded the update.

Creaking

So I haven't played in a while. Is there a reason everyone is dead-silenced by default? Why do the devs hate sound awareness? Everything sounds muted.

3Dprinted

Neo Member
So I haven't played in a while. Is there a reason everyone is dead-silenced by default? Why do the devs hate sound awareness? Everything sounds muted.

I have to say that this patch definitely improved footsteps, you can clearly hear enemies walking/running now, like 5 meters away. Amazing update all around!!!

Creaking

Seriously? It sounds quieter to me than it was at launch. Constant instances of dudes materializing next to me, only to see them sprinting just beforehand in the kill-cam without dead silence. And I'm using headphones.

GOOCHY

Is it just me or does it seem like the PS4 version got a resolution upgrade? Texture patch? I've been playing on my LG OLED and playing last night it seemed a lot clearer to me after the new patch.

Parts you get for duplicates seems to be 10X what you'd get in BO3.
Black Ops 3 did not give you parts (salvage), it didn't have a crafting system. It gave you Cryptokeys, the non-paid currency for opening drops. Do you mean Infinite Warfare?

As long as they stick with loot updates like this, this is only good for the long-term health of the game. People just freaked out when they saw supply drops before they even downloaded the update.

We've had three COD games with weapon stat upgrades and/or new weapons inside supply drops. When you remember that there's unused weapons in the game code, there's no reason at all to believe they won't add new weapons inside supply drops this time too.

Save your damn depot credits for when they add the guns in. It will happen.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Is it just me or does it seem like the PS4 version got a resolution upgrade? Texture patch? I've been playing on my LG OLED and playing last night it seemed a lot clearer to me after the new patch.
Wasn't it already checkerboard 4K on the Pro?

GOOCHY

Wasn't it already checkerboard 4K on the Pro?

Yeah, it already had the 4K going so I can't really put my finger on it. Some of the textures look like they were upgraded or something. There's a cleaner look to it. Someone above me posted the same thing so maybe I'm not seeing things?

Yeah, it already had the 4K going so I can't really put my finger on it. Some of the textures look like they were upgraded or something. There's a cleaner look to it. Someone above me posted the same thing so maybe I'm not seeing things?

XB1 version also looks cleaner to me, less "jaggies" in the distance. Probably not your imagination.

Randam

Gun camo is fine, there are a couple silly ones but thats okay. Don't use them if you don't like them.

Character camo is fine, nothing crazy , its just variations on what the factions already had.
And females are literally just genderflipped versions of the same class skins.

Literally the only stupid thing in the update was the beer bottle and maybe the "sword"
But again you will hardly notice people using those compared to BO3's crap.
It is not about using them, but seeing them on other players. Or even picking them up, when you're out of ammo.

And maybe the sword?

XBOX are giving refunds on the grounds of false advertising supposedly.

Also, myself and a friend are looking for more UK players, we play every day, potentially looking to do GB if we hit it off with others and are a good team. Game is frustrating as hell as two sadly aren't enough to counter the utter shite on our team at times!

Interested? Drop me a friend request on PSN: Maaaaaardy

Dom and Search mainly. Two good players who are very objective based. Thanks!

I hope they work on hardpoint because its a mess. The hills don't rotate they just flip from one side of the map to the other and the spawns are chaos that break the flow of the match.

New maps make the screwed up spawn system even more obvious.
No freaking reason on a humongous map like Countdown im spawning in the same freaking hangar as enemies

Moozo

Is it me or has this update introduced a micro-stutter when strafing from a standstill? Try it next to an element of a map and stop straight away and you'll see it.

The spawns are definitely worse than the original.

I'm really not keen on the fixed camera view when you are waiting to respawn in HC modes; it gives away far too much information about peoples' movements in the area you can see.

"While in the air, kill 5/25/100 enemies with melee attacks"

One of the new challenges. Uhhh, this is going to take some time. I was lucky and got 1 so 99 more to go!

Playing gun game right now. Pretty fun!...until I get a sniper and I'm like -_-

After this rare drop I'm about to open, I may stick to the common ones. Open up enough of them, and maybe I'll start getting duplicates, which in turn, will give me parts. Saving up for 30 takes too long.

I was going to play some IW but apparently I need to re-download the whole game (50 gigs) so MWR all night! Not a bad thing since I'm hooked anyways.

"While in the air, kill 5/25/100 enemies with melee attacks"

One of the new challenges. Uhhh, this is going to take some time. I was lucky and got 1 so 99 more to go!

Playing gun game right now. Pretty fun!...until I get a sniper and I'm like -_-

After this rare drop I'm about to open, I may stick to the common ones. Open up enough of them, and maybe I'll start getting duplicates, which in turn, will give me parts. Saving up for 30 takes too long.

I was going to play some IW but apparently I need to re-download the whole game (50 gigs) so MWR all night! Not a bad thing since I'm hooked anyways.

Yeah rare are a waste, hardly anything hard to get and duplicates give more than enough scrap to buy other stuff.

Toa TAK

Banned
I hope they work on hardpoint because its a mess. The hills don't rotate they just flip from one side of the map to the other and the spawns are chaos that break the flow of the match.
This 100%. It's more of a constant scramble for both teams and it's not fun to sprint around trying to figure out the spawns of the hardpoints.

3Dprinted

Neo Member

As i posted earlier, i immediately noticed a bump in graphics - after playing a bit with base PS4 on a full HD tv i'm almost sure they upgraded resolution, increased draw distance and also adjusted some stuff in differents maps (eg lighting in Crash, which was way too high initially...).
Great, great update!

Ame

Isn't it based on time played, not performance (or perhaps time player + a small bonus for winning)?

I think it depends on how many points you get per game. In TDM I always get 2, averaging 1800 to 2200 total points. Tried some Domination and got anywhere between 3500 to 4100 points and always got 3 credits. There's the odd time where I get just 1, even though I did well. No idea why I would get 1.

Kalentan

Isn't it based on time played, not performance (or perhaps time player + a small bonus for winning)?

Really hope not. That is dumb otherwise. Pretty sure in IW it's based on performance. It's why you can still sometimes get 2 or even 3 keys with a loss.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yea the resolution seems a bit crisper on the Xbox after the new patch, but still not 1080p. They probably just used a less blurry AA solution, because it was too blurry for 900p.
Sigh, I'll go pick up a PS4 Pro tomorrow or Friday for this game.

Does the Legacy edition work just the same with gamesharing?

Top Bottom