• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

The calling cards and emblems are so much better compared to IW. If they added new ones, I would be happy.

Some of my favorites:

WUT the emblems are absolutely pathetic, the worst of the series and with no custom emblem option. Not even Rank/Prestige emblems.
even the basic MW2's were far better.

Rotating Star, Sea Snipers and Soap portrait for life.
I'd even just take faction emblems and character renders from the full MW series

Title cards have a few decent ones at least.

OldMan

Banned
Damn I wish you could operate dual attachments on the m4 in mp like you could in sp

zbrane-cod4-m4a1-grenadier.jpg

Like, at least a perk ala overkill but with attachments. That gun rocks

Some good news:

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/Tis-the-Season-for-Call-of-Duty/ba-p/10104079

When Modern Warfare Remastered launched last month, it included ten remastered maps from the original game. On December 13, players who own Modern Warfare Remastered will receive the remaining six remastered maps: Bloc, Countdown, Pipeline, Showdown, Strike, and Wet Work, along with the Hardpoint and Gun Game modes being made available in Modern Warfare Remastered for the first time.

Plus, we’re throwing in an additional chilly bonus as all Modern Warfare Remastered players will also get the remastered Winter Crash map in all its glory! We’ll be running a 24/7 Winter Crash playlist beginning on December 20 that will last through the holidays, and we’ll have more details soon.

3Dprinted

Neo Member
At this point i believe we'll get the DLC maps as well... Maybe around february? It should not be a big deal for them to make that happen as well... Everything is in place at this point, it should be almost a joke to do.
Awesome news anyway!!!

Let's be honest.... was anybody else as naive as me to expect that one of the December surprises they would mention would be the unbundling of MWR and IW? lol

Ryde3

Chinatown was DLC right? Any chance of that coming? Either way this is good news... I was *boycotting* because they wouldn't sell COD4 separately but caved during black Friday's PSN sale haha.

zero86r

Is it just me or is there a severe lack of players willing to play the objective? Most of the time I'm stuck with the above and it's killing my enjoyment of the game.

Is it just me or is there a severe lack of players willing to play the objective? Most of the time I'm stuck with the above and it's killing my enjoyment of the game.

I've noticed that a fair bit. I don't think it was much different from when MW was out originally though as a I remember the same comments coming up then. I love grabbing tags that my teammates just ignore though.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Does the Xbox version feel better for anyone else? It feels like they improved the aiming, it's a bit tigther and more responsive now.

Does the Xbox version feel better for anyone else? It feels like they improved the aiming, it's a bit tigther and more responsive now.

I've been using an elite controller so I know my aim has improved recently but yes since this patch my aim has laser like accuracy and that's been at medium range with the p90.

https://charlieintel.com/2016/12/11...wr-alongside-weapon-kits-additional-reticles/

In new videos posted by YouTubers, it appears new melee weapons alongside “weapon kits” and reticle options are coming to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.

According to a new Create-A-Class menu in the December update, each weapon, primary and secondary, has the option to equip a “kit.” It’s not exactly clear what these kits are. In addition, there’s a new “reticle” option, which suggests ability to change the red dot for each sight.

Alongside these new features, it appears that variations of the melee weapons are coming to Modern Warfare Remastered with the December update. In videos, the previously rumored shovel, alongside swords, have been spotted in the kill feeds.

People are speculating that "kits" are just weapon skins.

Also,

https://charlieintel.com/2016/12/11...eapon-camos-coming-modern-warfare-remastered/

There are two holiday-themed camos coming: ‘Ugly Sweater Camo,’ and ‘Gift Wrap Camo.’ According to YouTubers, these two camos can only be unlocked via completing a challenge on Winter Crash map. It’s not clear what the exact challenge is to unlock these new camos.

I did. Thought they would have no choice at this point.

I read somewhere that there are more surprises in store beyond what was mentioned, which begs the question....

Can Activision please those holding out for a standalone release by releasing MWR separately before January 1 (i.e. in time for Christmas\during Winter Break), without angering those who bought IW only for MWR?

I think if they release\unbundle MWR for $30 and sell the December 13 maps\modes\Winter Crash as DLC for $10 or $15, along with the variety pack for another $10 or $15, it can work.

Assuming Legacy Edition owners will get all of these free: only MWR standalone buyers must pay.

Is that something that would work?

I'm assuming $30 is the max most people would pay to get MWR.... it is for me.

OR...... Gamestop can have another $1 trade in promo for Christmas......

OR they can have a sale on Christmas week for Legacy Edition for $40, digital and physical. (I clearly remember MW on sale for $40 XMas week 2007....)

Gorillaz

LMAO it ain't getting unbundled before Christmas. Not after those black Friday deals where the bundle was the same price as iw stabdalone. They ain't gonna make a turn around that fast

Spring seems more likely tho or right around variety pack release

What the fuck is a ugly sweater skin gonna look like

etta

my hard graphic balls
Should I be crazy enough to buy a Pro and this again on that just to play it at a clearer resolution 🤔🤔?
Overgrown has so much pixel crawl 😪.

Daffy Duck

Activision coming hard for MW:R.

I guess it was inevitable it would be turned into a micro transaction mess after IW bombing so hard.

Shame, it lasted what? Just over a month? They can't even leave a game alone.

Fuck you activision.

Mabufu

Banned
Been a lot of noobs lately and I've gotta applaud the ones that stick a full game of Dom Shipment, it's fucking brutal for seasoned players at times let alone newer players.

Fuck spawning on my own martyrdom THREE times in a row lol

Isnt that like the funniest CoD moment?

Activision coming hard for MW:R.

I guess it was inevitable it would be turned into a micro transaction mess after IW bombing so hard.

Shame, it lasted what? Just over a month? They can't even leave a game alone.

Fuck you activision.

We don't even know what they are adding yet beyond skins.

Going by other leaked bits,
The melee weapons are definitely skins, you pick it next to your grenades in create a class.

Now "Weapon kits" will be 1 of 2 things.

1. The skins we have seen of slight variant of a similar gun.
The M10 shotgun for example, MP5A2, maybe Galil for the AK.

2. Character skin.
We have an official screenshots of Marines and SAS with headgear not in the game,
In the video of the screenshot I posted you see when he dies his pants and headgear are different from the current SAS models.

RedSwirl

How dead is MWR multiplayer on PC? I heard COD4 MP is still pretty healthy on PC so I'm kind of hoping some of that enthusiasm moves over to Remastered.

Top Bottom