• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII - Multiplayer Trailer

Daffy Duck

I'm sure when we get influencer gameplay videos we will see how it actually plays and the HUD etc, this trailer really showed me nothing of actual gameplay.

White wash?
Why would that be it?

I feel like it's the opposite now in days, where people would "protest" because it has swastikas in it as they would find it offensive.

Anyway, we don't know if they are removed or not. Or the reasons as to why if they did.
What would be offensive is ignoring the reason of the war, the ideas circulating in Germany at the time and the kind of government that they had, and what the Wehrmacht was intended to do. Nobody would ever protest the presence of swastikas in the game, and if you think they would then you are entirely missing the point of today's political protest.
I'm lying, the alt-right would, same as they are bitching about Wolfenstein on 4chan, because they are nazis and don't want the crimes of the original nazis exposed.
This looks like censorship from the stupid USK thing. The swastika was the national symbol, the Balkenkreutz we could glimpse in the trailer was only the emblem for the military.
Nazi occupied France said:
PT-AK596_German_G_20090102205034.jpg

Mechazawa

So, unless I missed something, this was the first time Activision didn't have a "in the interest of time" stage demo for a CoD in years.

Can't tell if that reflects on Activision's priorities with the series, or the console manufacturer's interest in it.

When you can't even tell it is a MP trailer when it's first shown, then it's a shit MP trailer. There was no hype in that at all. Ugh.
As somebody who had no idea that trailer was for multiplayer until 5 minutes ago I think it makes the multiplayer look a lot better than I would have hoped.

Hell, as a campaign trailer I thought it looked good.

But yeah, confusing.

I played so many hours of vCoD and CoD2 MP. I hear some of the same sounds in this trailer and it's fucking awesome. It really hits home for me. I must have sunk probably 10k hours into those games on PC.
aaaayee, same here. COD1 is the GOAT competitive MP FPS. Might actually buy this Call of Duty game. :p

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm only interested in how unfair the supply drop system is and we will get zero info on that.

Yup. I'll play the beta if I can, but I'm giving this one the long wait and see approach. IW and MWR were good steps up in supply drop handling from BOIII (which continues to be terrible), but then IW was a lot less successful than BOIII, and WWII seems to be garnering a decent amount of interest. I'm worried that if they get enough players on board with the core game, they'll be more willing to exploit them when it comes to loot crates.

Lucifon

Any word on when we'll actually get to see real footage of this? Didn't even realise it was MP until about half way through the trailer. Seems like a poor way to showcase it.

AHA-Lambda

had no idea this was the MP trailer? =/

so we've seen no SP then yet? And ATVI have now shown the MP first? That's a new one, I don't think they've ever done that before =/
Wonder if that means anything for the campaign.

so we've seen no SP then yet? And ATVI have now shown MP first? That's a new one =/
Wonder if that means anything for the campaign

The debut trailer was the campaign while this is the multiplayer trailer. So, they've shown both so far.

Bsigg12

so we've seen no SP then yet? And ATVI have now shown MP first? That's a new one =/
Wonder if that means anything for the campaign

They showed single player like a month or so back when they officially announced the game.

This trailer being confused for the campaign and not explicitly a multiplayer trailer kinda goes with the Sony conference being kinda strange not having anyone talk at all about anything.

AHA-Lambda

The debut trailer was the campaign while this is the multiplayer trailer. So, they've shown both so far.

They showed single player like a month or so back when they officially announced the game.

This trailer being confused for multi kinda goes with the Sony conference being kinda strange not having anyone talk at all about anything.

Sorry of course, I meant aside from the reveal.

Yeah but usually Activison would have the typical long form playthrough of a portion of the single player at E3, and I think this is the first time since MW2 now that they haven't done that.

Sorry of course, I meant aside from the reveal.

Yeah but usually Activison would have the typical long form playthrough of a portion of the single player at E3, and I think this is the first time since MW2 now that they haven't done that.

They definitely had a long demo for MW2. I remember it well at the xbox conference. Was the mission where Soap and Price climb the ice then get surrounded inside that hanger in the snowstorm and detonate some bomb to get away.

Looking forward to seeing more of this MP. I also thought it was a campaign trailer. Any idea when we will see the hands on gameplay?

As much as I like the idea behind Sonys trailer focused presentations I think it was a little too much.
I feel like having people come out to talk about games adds to the hype and in this case would at least let you know what's going on. The conference was only an hour, they could have easily gone an hour and half and had some type of narrative held together by different presenters.

Ambient80

I can't torture myself to play any more CoD games since online has been taken over by pre-teens...

YuATMq0.jpg

You can disable voice chat or mute them. Unless you’re in a ranked style match, no one is gonna coordinate anyway. I just form a party on Xbox so I don’t hear lobby people talking.

tuco11

I'm sure when we get influencer gameplay videos we will see how it actually plays and the HUD etc, this trailer really showed me nothing of actual gameplay.

sorry for being old lol but what is "influencer gameplay"? I assume youtube clips from the usual paid youtubers ie jack frags etc? Also I saw some cranky guy on youtube live set after the Ubisoft conference talking about "digital influencers"? thanks.

Yawn. This did look pretty but christ i've played enough early-war COD to last a lifetime. Hopefully it will be fun for those who missed that era of COD (and every other FPS game of that period lol) or just love that older stuff.

One critique i did have was the gameplay didn't seem to fit the "setting" at times. It was all run-and-gun... crazy fast sprinting... seemed like a blur. Might be a very polarizing game. Can see a lot of the younger crowd who never played the early-war CODs being totally bored by this.

So Acti flew a few youtubers out for a live stream that's supposed to be happening today. I couldn't really find any more info on it, but we should be getting a lot of new info.

For now, here's Drift0r's reaction (along with some other youtubers) and breakdown of the trailer.

And here's TheXclusiveAce's breakdown which is a little more in-depth than Drift0r's. If you notice, he pauses the video during the bomb drop killstreak and you get a clear shot of the map layout. It appears to be more Black Ops 2/3 style than AW which I'm happy about.

Randam

I can't torture myself to play any more CoD games since online has been taken over by pre-teens...

YuATMq0.jpg
As if almost all other only games share the same problem..

And like said before, put mute as default and you will never notice.
...the map layout. It appears to be more Black Ops 2/3 style than AW which I'm happy about.
Oh God, please no.

Not again those 100% symmetric maps with 3 tubes from one side to the other..

Ensoul

Looked like the SP but that is what they were going for I supposed. I want to hear about the perks and scorestreaks. Hyped for the game though. They need a good COD after last years mess.

kuYuri

This trailer did almost nothing for me and this is coming from a longtime fan who enjoyed Infinite Warfare and Ghosts a ton. Didn't think that would happen with a CoD trailer. Guess it might be time for me to finally hang up the dog tags and leave behind a battle cross, so to speak.

What would be offensive is ignoring the reason of the war, the ideas circulating in Germany at the time and the kind of government that they had, and what the Wehrmacht was intended to do. Nobody would ever protest the presence of swastikas in the game, and if you think they would then you are entirely missing the point of today's political protest.
I'm lying, the alt-right would, same as they are bitching about Wolfenstein on 4chan, because they are nazis and don't want the crimes of the original nazis exposed.
This looks like censorship from the stupid USK thing. The swastika was the national symbol, the Balkenkreutz we could glimpse in the trailer was only the emblem for the military.

e1KYd84.jpg

WTF is this Sledgehammer...

This is not USS Texas, was it really that hard to google it ? Let alone visit the ship itself, its a museum... It's missing half the turrets lol

Daffy Duck

sorry for being old lol but what is "influencer gameplay"? I assume youtube clips from the usual paid youtubers ie jack frags etc? Also I saw some cranky guy on youtube live set after the Ubisoft conference talking about "digital influencers"? thanks.

Sorry was just referencing the thread yesterday about influencers aka YouTubers.

So is it confirmed we are getting gameplay videos today.

Yep believe so, the YouTube guys are playing today so expect gameplay videos very soon

KodaRuss

It looks like fun but I have kind of been out on COD for a while now. Battlefront, Destiny and Siege will keep me busy this fall.

Randam

Whelp, that's 3-lane map design for you. It needs 3 distinct paths from one side of the map to the other which either team can create choke points at. It's about map control.
More or less we always had 3 path from one way to the other, but now they are almost 100% simetric. Some maps really are mirrored in the middle.
And the paths were wider and not like tubes.
Chock points always appear at the same spots to. Most of the time right in the middle.

CoD 4, W@W had way better map flow, than today.

Top Bottom