• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I return a PS5 slim to Walmart even though I used the included Spider-man 2 code?

Eimran

They might not even realize it.
No that would be wrong
L879hUp.jpg

Eiknarf

Banned
Sounds like stealing to me. If being legit, then insist they take out the value of the game code from the refund.
Isn’t the code for the game tied to the console though? So won’t whoever buys it automatically have the game fully installed?

Last edited:

Cohetedor

Not sure of all Walmarts but the ones in my area require a valid state ID for all returns. So if something is missing they can deny future sales/ returns.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Isn’t the code for the game tied to the console though? So won’t whoever buys it automatically have the game fully installed?

No. The digital copy has its own product code assigned to itself (a digital copy).

This was my line of work at Sony and ea. Digital and physical have their own separate assigned product codes. So a physical copy of Spiderman product code is different from the digital version.

All this is (to me) is theft. I see guys do this with gpus all the time.

El Muerto

The person working the walmart desk probably doesnt know what a download code is. You'll be fine. You can also start your return online and just drop it off at the store.

Eiknarf

Banned
No. The digital copy has its own product code assigned to itself (a digital copy).

This was my line of work at Sony and ea. Digital and physical have their own separate assigned product codes. So a physical copy of Spiderman product code is different from the digital version.

All this is (to me) is theft. I see guys do this with gpus all the time.
But will the OP be able to play it on another PS5? He can’t redeem that code again, right?
Pardon my ignorance

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No, you used a part of the package, you will not get a full refund for it.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Yes, I returned a spider man 2 ps5 to Walmart when I used the code and Cod ps5 to Best Buy after I used the code. To be fair I didn’t care if they kept the money for the game but they didn’t.

Just an anecdote.
Long time ago I bough a cellphone and they gave me a pack of beer. I drink some and returned the phone, they ask me to pay for the beers when I returned the phone.
The end .

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Wait a minute, so you already own a digital ps5.....

So, basically you bought the slim ps5 and added spiderman 2 to your account now you want to return the whole system just to hopefully get spiderman 2 for free?

That's a special level of low and scummy if that is the case.

Last edited:

David B

An Idiot
So the op asked a very specific question and wanted to hear a very specific answer even though it's obvious but wanna hear it anyway? there's to be a reason to give a proper answer.
The biggest reason I'm returning it and did is because it played PS4 games horribly. I tried 2 COD games from PS4 on the PS5 slim disc system. They ran with horrible FPS, guys freezing in the air when they jump, blacking out areas, colors coming in very slowly, shoot a guy with a whole 40 shots and doesn't die, it made no sense! It was horrible at BC play. The other thing was the frames were going 30 FPS and lower, sometimes it ran fine and fast, but than a sudden freeze of frames, it's fine, oh it froze, it's fine again, oh it froze, and it just kept doing that. It was horrible!

Reactions: SHA
So you bought a PS5 with spiderman, redeemed the code on your PS account and now you want to return it? Yeah, no.

The whole CoD thing is BS. How would you know your DIGITAL ps5 plays the DISCS without a problem!?
I call BS here.

Either you also have them digitally and the drive of the Slim is faulty OR you're full off shit.

Last edited:
The biggest reason I'm returning it and did is because it played PS4 games horribly. I tried 2 COD games from PS4 on the PS5 slim disc system. They ran with horrible FPS, guys freezing in the air when they jump, blacking out areas, colors coming in very slowly, shoot a guy with a whole 40 shots and doesn't die, it made no sense! It was horrible at BC play. The other thing was the frames were going 30 FPS and lower, sometimes it ran fine and fast, but than a sudden freeze of frames, it's fine, oh it froze, it's fine again, oh it froze, and it just kept doing that. It was horrible!
Then answer 1 simple question:

IF you bought it for PS4 games, why not try that before redeeming a code which conveniently came with the PS5 if stealing wasn't on your agenda? Why not buy a non-bundle Slim? Yeah....... Shady AF.
Sorry bro, but it's crystal clear you stole.

David B

An Idiot
Sounds like OP just wants to scam to get a free game. "Plays PS4 games at a bad frame rate" LMAO, come up with a better excuse than this nonsense please.
You can say oh that's bullcrap as much as you want. The truth is it ran PS4 games with horrible FPS and frames freezing. I'm an INFJ personality, read about it. We very few INFJ personality people are about the truth and tell everything with 100% truth. That's just how I am, that's how my personallity is.

You can say oh that's bullcrap as much as you want. The truth is it ran PS4 games with horrible FPS and frames freezing. I'm an INFJ personality, read about it. We very few INFJ personality people are about the truth and tell everything with 100% truth. That's just how I am, that's how my personallity is.
Nope. Not having it. Just the fact you have to say this is a dead giveaway. You're trying to do damage control.
Not happening. Answer my question above please.

Stealin' ass bastard.

Top Bottom