• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I return a PS5 slim to Walmart even though I used the included Spider-man 2 code?

phaedrus

FtyBJRk.gif

SHA

The biggest reason I'm returning it and did is because it played PS4 games horribly. I tried 2 COD games from PS4 on the PS5 slim disc system. They ran with horrible FPS, guys freezing in the air when they jump, blacking out areas, colors coming in very slowly, shoot a guy with a whole 40 shots and doesn't die, it made no sense! It was horrible at BC play. The other thing was the frames were going 30 FPS and lower, sometimes it ran fine and fast, but than a sudden freeze of frames, it's fine, oh it froze, it's fine again, oh it froze, and it just kept doing that. It was horrible!
I get it, but you don't want to buy them again, I've gotta be honest with you, ABK current state with its games and consoles are horrible, just buy the best version and it doesn't matter whether you playing online with your friends or not, it's better to have better experience with fewer players than having more players with modest experience, as you get older, it becomes harder to keep up with your online friends and you get fewer time with this hobby, playing with strangers shouldn't bother you anymore.

Last edited:

mdkirby

Yeah my PS5 digital original no problems. But I played PS4 COD games in the PS5 slim disc console and the frame rate was horrible. Guys freezing in the air, black out areas and colors coming in slowly, it was bad.
Yeah that just sounds like a buggered console, contact Sony and they’ll send a replacement. Or Walmart will just replace it. There’s no way that’d be a common issue, we’d have heard about it by now all over this forum.

Eiknarf

Banned
I had a plan that I wanted a disc drive, so I wanted it and bought it. But than the issue of PS4 games working so bad, I was like oh man I gotta return this.
Here’s what I feel is gonna happen:

Walmart is going to put it back out on the shelf. Someone else is going to buy it. That poor person is going to discover that the Spider-Man redeem code doesn’t work. Then they too are going to return the PS5 and tell Walmart why.

Then Walmart’s going to look and see who previously returned it (you), and you’re going to be flagged

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
you're asking if you can steal a game. how are you even ok with this?

If you want to return it. find any Spider-Man 2 digital code on the Facebook marketplace or whatever buy-and-sell site in your area, put it in the box, and return it.

I honestly do not understand the morals of some people. if you weren't sure in the first place as an excuse you wanna give, you could have waited on using the code.
you are being overly dramatic here and it is annoying. He bought a product used it and wants to return it all that is a consumer right and you know that. Sony put in a digital code instead of a disk which makes the return uncomfortable, but they chose that not him. A store nor a customer should be held to such nonsense just because a game is a download instead of a disk. Sony could have developed a system to revert the license, but they were too lazy because they want the sale to be final. Why you would call someone a thief to defend a clearly anti consumer move by a large corporation? Consumers have the right to return things if they change their minds, that is the cost of doing business.

you are being overly dramatic here and it is annoying. He bought a product used it and wants to return it all that is a consumer right and you know that. Sony put in a digital code instead of a disk which makes the return uncomfortable, but they chose that not him. A store nor a customer should be held to such nonsense just because a game is a download instead of a disk. Sony could have developed a system to revert the license, but they were too lazy because they want the sale to be final. Why you would call someone a thief to defend a clearly anti consumer move by a large corporation? Consumers have the right to return things if they change their minds, that is the cost of doing business.
Fuck this, its hilarious!!!! :D :D

IF he bought it for BC PS4 games, WHY first redeem the code I ask?
Yeah...... Exactly. C'mon bro.. C'mon.

Toots

Gold Member
I'm suspecting that I won't be able to get a refund at all for it since I did use the Spider-man 2 code for the free game. So yeah. Just checking around if I can get a full refund or not. I'm seriously thinking not because most places always go well not all things are included, so no we can't give you a refund. What do you think?
Glee Congratulations GIF

One of the best troll of 2024 not even 12 days in.
I could spend hours analysing the post and i still would not be able to tell if you're serious or not.

Edit : Yeah about the retroactive ban, U Unknown Soldier is right.
You'll also have all your gaming right revoked when they find how much of a scoundrel you are.
That means no more game award voting, complete prohibition of game trailer watching on ign youtube channel, and of course public shaming by slimysnake and his mob of twitter trolls.

Last edited:

hinch7

Is this an early April fools joke? You can tell the guy was obviously trying to get the code for free. He already has a PS5 and wanted SM2. And that was part of the package he paid for.

Instead of trying to sell the console off like a normal person. He posted online about his crime and asked for validation for returning, and if it would be possible. When he was called out for it, made the excuse that PS4 games run badly on it. And the digital version doesn't somehow?? More-like he got the code from inside the box and returned the PS5, without opening or using the console. Thats the grift.

If he was honest he could've highlighted that the code was used and that would've at least made it so he paid for something instead of trying to get something for free, that obviously is part of the package.

Last edited:
Is this an early April fools joke? You can tell the guy was obviously trying to get the code for free. He already has a PS5 and wanted SM2. And that was part of the package he paid for.

Instead of trying to sell the console off like a normal person. He posted online about his crime and asked for validation for returning, and if it would be possible. And he was called out for it, he made the excuse that PS4 games run badly on it. And the digital version doesn't somehow?? More-like he got he code from inside the box and returned the PS5, without opening or using the console. Thats the grift.

If he was honest he could've highlighted that the code was used and that would've at least made it so he paid for something instead of trying to get something for free, that obviously is part of a package.
And if his digital PS5 doesnt have issues:

1. Why buy a PS5 disc version?
2. How did he test the PS4 discs in a DIGITAL ps5 to come to that conclusion?

Yeah, TC is full of shit and a fucking thief.

GHG

Serious The Four GIF by Diddy

You in a competition with the OP to see who can have the most ridiculous post of the thread?

Hey OP here's a BC compatible PS4 game for ya!!

thief-ps4.jpg

Also if the PS5 was faulty, OP could have let Walmart swap it out and at least keep 1 complete set at the store for them to claim warranty. But nooooooooo he instantly returned it.
Another red flag.

Dj Khaled GIF

Complete roundup summary:

1. OP has a DIGITAL ps5 which doesnt have any issues with ps4 DISC games. (What kind of sorcery is this?)
2. OP "bought a PS5 disc for bc with PS4 disc games" *cough, cough*
3. OP firstly redeemed the code for SM2 before allegedly testing his PS4 discs. OH COME ON!!!!!
4. OP didn't give Walmart a chance to swap it directly under DOA rules. Resulting in the store having an incomplete set. Ergo he lied to Walmart about why he returned it and lied to our face. No other option. <- This one stinks even if the rest is true. Which it obviously isn't.

Simple additions: Point 1 - 4 combined = OP IS A FUCKING FREELOADING PIECE OF SHIT.

Yeah, anyone who still belives OP is oblivious.

Last edited:

DJ12

Whose betting this guy ran the og ps4 version on his disc console and the updated ps5 version on his digital, which probably would've downloaded without him noticing.

(That's assuming anything from this ridiculous OP even happened)

I guess anything to justify theft though no matter how flimsy.

Whose betting this guy ran the og ps4 version on his disc console and the updated ps5 version on his digital, which probably would've downloaded without him noticing.

(That's assuming anything from this ridiculous OP even happened)

I guess anything to justify theft though no matter how flimsy.
SM2 is PS5 only.

Don’t mention it, they usually don’t ask questions.
As far as I know you wouldn’t be fucking someone lease over as they just return the items back to the manufacture.

//DEVIL//

Oh my god...

A fucking Karen

Punch You Oh No GIF by GritTV

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
Hey OP here's a BC compatible PS4 game for ya!!

thief-ps4.jpg

Also if the PS5 was faulty, OP could have let Walmart swap it out and at least keep 1 complete set at the store for them to claim warranty. But nooooooooo he instantly returned it.
Another red flag.

Dj Khaled GIF

Complete roundup summary:

1. OP has a DIGITAL ps5 which doesnt have any issues with ps4 DISC games. (What kind of sorcery is this?)
2. OP "bought a PS5 disc for bc with PS4 disc games" *cough, cough*
3. OP firstly redeemed the code for SM2 before allegedly testing his PS4 discs. OH COME ON!!!!!
4. OP didn't give Walmart a chance to swap it directly under DOA rules. Resulting in the store having an incomplete set. Ergo he lied to Walmart about why he returned it and lied to our face. No other option. <- This one stinks even if the rest is true. Which it obviously isn't.

Simple additions: Point 1 - 4 combined = OP IS A FUCKING FREELOADING PIECE OF SHIT.

Yeah, anyone who still belives OP is oblivious.
I’m wondering why he posted about it?
Was it a humblebrag gone wrong?

If he’s a self proclaimed INFJ and is truly thoughtful and feeling etc, is there any chance he didn’t think he was doing anything wrong?

Does he realize that if someone buys that unit and returns it because it’s missing the SM2 code that the next time the OP shops at Walmart they’ll know to ban him from shopping there?

Last edited:
I’m wondering why he posted about it?
Was it a humblebrag gone wrong?

If he’s a self proclaimed INFJ and is truly thoughtful and feeling etc, is there any chance he didn’t think he was doing anything wrong?

Does he realize that if someone buys that unit and returns it because it’s missing the SM2 code that the next time the OP shops at Walmart they’ll know to ban him from shopping there?
Nah, his story is so incoherent it cant possibly be true. Guess its just a cry for attention that backfired straight up his ass.

Nowhere at one point did he clarify things with some coherent writing. He only added more doubt on the subject. Its clear as day.
And hiding behind his self proclaimed INFJ way of thinking is just deferring attention to something else and saying No Im an Angel!! Come on!!!

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I'm gonna be blunt here :

It's actually amazing the gall some people have, it's like, having absolute zero self-awareness and no shame whatsoever at the same time to the point of actually having THE NERVE to post shit like this online and trying to excuse it with half-arsed excuses...
"The PS5 slim i just got doesn't play games the same as the other PS5 DE that i also happen to have" - like, fuckin' seriously? are you expecting people to believe that shit ?

This is not only a scummy practice but...a literal scam, guy buys product to redeem included voucher, uses voucher, tries to return product, like, seriously ? How the fuck are you not banned yet by posting such nonsense and actually admitting (in a non-direct way obviously) that you committed fraud ? Are we really at that point ? I lost a couple of braincells by reading this topic ffs.

The fucking nerve some people have - it reminds me of a recent event on Amazon where a guy posted a 1-star review of a seller with the excuse "they won't sell/ship to me anymore ! " to which the seller replied "user has been abusing our 40 days return policy and has already received 10 items from us free of charge" (Seller is located in the US and has a "wait 4 weeks maximum as to receive our product for non US residents after which you can receive an immediate refund).Fucking guy was basically scamming the seller/company systematically but had the actual nerve to post a 1-star review, i mean, this shit writes itself...

Last edited:
The topic reminds me of something that happened nearly 20 years ago...

So I used to buy blank cd's in Lidl (supermarket chain) at the time. They were cheap and good quality. Talking like 3 euro or something for a 5 pack. They even came in individual jewel cases.

I buy a pack one day and when I get home to open them I see they were already burned and someone wrote their track list on the paper inlay. All 5 of them used. So that means someone went to the trouble of grabbing previously burned lidl disks they bought, stuffing them back in the cardboard packaging, going up to someone working on the till... all to get a mere 3 euro refund. Most likely saying how they were still brand new as Lidl staff just put it back on the shelf for me to buy.

Three. Stinking. Euro. If people are doing that, surely bringing back consoles to get a free game worth 75 euro, happens every day of the week.

I believe if you return an opened product they deduct 15%?

I bought a projector in Best buy, with the idea of returning, because it was cheaper than renting, and I remember they would keep 15% of the value, which was an amazing deal tbh.

But the true question is, how can they know you've used it?

Last edited:

Famipan

So I used to buy blank cd's in Lidl (supermarket chain) at the time. They were cheap and good quality. Talking like 3 euro or something for a 5 pack. They even came in individual jewel cases.

I buy a pack one day and when I get home to open them I see they were already burned and someone wrote their track list on the paper inlay. All 5 of them used. So that means someone went to the trouble of grabbing previously burned lidl disks they bought, stuffing them back in the cardboard packaging, going up to someone working on the till... all to get a mere 3 euro refund. Most likely saying how they were still brand new as Lidl staff just put it back on the shelf for me to buy.

Three. Stinking. Euro. If people are doing that, surely bringing back consoles to get a free game worth 75 euro, happens every day of the week.
I definitely think these kinds of cases skyrockets now for digital PS5 consumers:
1. Global economic slump and higher costs generally
2. Digital PS5 games and PS+ got expensive
3. Sony stopped the previously time/stock limited sale of discounted PSN cards in my country (it was the only way I topped up PSN through previously)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Don’t want to see people get screwed, in terms of returns this happens and people buying an opened PS5 box shouldn’t be surprised in the first place if something is missing it will be sold as is, or open box.

Eiknarf

Banned

It's actually amazing the gall some people have, it's like, having absolute zero self-awareness and no shame whatsoever at the same time to the point of actually having THE NERVE to post shit like this online and trying to excuse it with half-arsed excuses...
"The PS5 slim i just got doesn't play games the same as the other PS5 DE that i also happen to have" - like, fuckin' seriously? are you expecting people to believe that shit ?

This is not only a scummy practice but...a literal scam, guy buys product to redeem included voucher, uses voucher, tries to return product, like, seriously ? How the fuck are you not banned yet by posting such nonsense and actually admitting (in a non-direct way obviously) that you committed fraud ? Are we really at that point ? I lost a couple of braincells by reading this topic ffs.

The fucking nerve some people have - it reminds me of a recent event on Amazon where a guy posted a 1-star review of a seller with the excuse "they won't sell/ship to me anymore ! " to which the seller replied "user has been abusing our 40 days return policy and has already received 10 items from us free of charge" (Seller is located in the US and has a "wait 4 weeks maximum as to receive our product for non US residents after which you can receive an immediate refund).Fucking guy was basically scamming the seller/company systematically but had the actual nerve to post a 1-star review, i mean, this shit writes itself...
Do you mean banned from Walmart or banned from NeoGAF?

Can the mods ban the OP for posting about returning an item and benefiting from the policy?

I mean, now that I finally get what the OP did, it is wild. I never in a million years would have even thought about doing something like that. My PS5 came with God of War Ragnarok

Why can’t the OP spend $70 on a game like us?
Nothing!
Even if you only make $10,000 a year, spending $70 one time (it’s not recurring) will NOT harm you!

Had he simply just bought SM2 for $70 like the rest of us, he’d be fine! Like, would he have been bankrupt? Would that $70 have broke him!?? Can he retire earlier now?
No!

I don’t understand his motive for doing this except to be scummy

In the scheme of things, via a loophole, he took the long way to save $70.

Some might say he stole a $70 game.

Last edited:

Shakka43

My brother and I bought a sealed copy of Burnout Paradise back in '08 and it came with a burned Bachata cd inside instead of the game lol.

//DEVIL//

I agree on the fact he should be banned. If this guy ever try to sell something in here, he will say I shipped it seller but the shipping package I made didn't have enough tape so I decided to keep the package.

No wonder many stores now are starting to change return policy for opened items.

Becsuse of low life people like him.

With that being said. NGAF has its own policy of banning people and while many of us feel he should get axed, its doesn't necessary means he is breaking the ToS / ToA of this site. So leave it to the mods they know better.

Last edited:

Nydius

Can we ban OP?

I second this because of this:

Yup. OP has odd GAF threads and posts. His history is almost all related to buying or reselling systems, or what system should I buy?

OP's post history here is extremely suspect. Reads like a scammer and/or system flipper and is in here making excuses to justify his premeditated theft.

m14

Drop the console warring bait
The funniest part of this thread is seeing the posters who are personally affronted at the thought of their beloved Sony being defrauded, even on such a low level. I can't imagine this much hand-wringing if the poster was trying to return a Series X having used a bundled Forza download code. :messenger_grinning:

Nydius

The funniest part of this thread is seeing the posters who are personally affronted at the thought of their beloved Sony being defrauded, even on such a low level. I can't imagine this much hand-wringing if the poster was trying to return a Series X having used a bundled Forza download code. :messenger_grinning:

There's always one chump that has to turn everything into a pathetic ass console war.
On cue, here you are.

The fraud here is being perpetrated on Walmart not Sony. It's being perpetrated on the next customer who buys that PS5, not Sony. The saddest, not funniest, part of this thread are asshats like you justifying theft. You're probably also the kind of person who bitches and moans when you walk into a store and find out they have everything locked up behind glass because, you know, theft.

It has nothing to do with a specific console and everything to do with being a piece of shit.

m14

There's always one chump that has to turn everything into a pathetic ass console war.
On cue, here you are.

The fraud here is being perpetrated on Walmart not Sony. It's being perpetrated on the next customer who buys that PS5, not Sony. The saddest, not funniest, part of this thread are asshats like you justifying theft. You're probably also the kind of person who bitches and moans when you walk into a store and find out they have everything locked up behind glass because, you know, theft.
That's a heck of a lot of assumptions to make about someone based on making one joke.

Firstly, you're posting on NeoGaf and my jokey message was where you chose to draw the line on the "pathetic ass console war." Amazing. :messenger_grinning:

Btw... Sony will absolutely miss out as well. Because OP has secured a free copy of the game, that's a potential sale they will miss out on.

Can you point to where exactly I was "justifying theft"? Because that's quite a serious allegation to be making.

Boss Mog

You can say oh that's bullcrap as much as you want. The truth is it ran PS4 games with horrible FPS and frames freezing. I'm an INFJ personality, read about it. We very few INFJ personality people are about the truth and tell everything with 100% truth. That's just how I am, that's how my personallity is.
If you were an honest person you wouldn't be asking if you could get away with scamming a store. Also, there's zero way that only PS4 games would be affected by "bad framerate"; your story is garbage.

I see your tag was changed to "An Idiot" but I would recommend that mods change it to "An idiot and a liar"

Top Bottom