• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Announces Street Fighter x Tekken Live Reality Show "Cross Assault"

Well that was a ridiculousness show and they mostly played bad games.

This one seems to be a little more focused with fighting games only. remains to be seen how cheesy it will end up but the names involved give me hope that at the very least it will be entertaining.

Will Dr. Doom and Wesker be guest hosts?? Or just commentate or do the catch-up bits of what has happened already.

Do it Max!!!!

AAK

Capcom marketing at it's finest. THIS is how you advertise a game properly to its demographic... by involving them!

mrQvT.jpg

Get him in there!

Him and Tasty Steve both to represent Tekken! Plus, Aris is a top tier 3rd strike player so he could definitely make a good coach. Plus he knows a thing or 2 about how do to well in tournaments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-HHTOKxQ2M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RABp1nZwdBY

And then of coarse, there's his charisma on camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77SfC-gmK9o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9fcNDKBkeI

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
Do yourself a favor and skip through the first 4 or 5 minutes of that girl pretending to care about peoples tweets.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Crazy stuff but im pretty interested.

Team Jonts

shaowebb

When's this airing and is it 7 days 24/7 streaming or televised? Either way I'm in. An elimination show with teams that have only fighting gaming as the thing they compete in sounds dope as fuck.

I'd love it if they had to compete in various fighting games or randomly drawn fighting games, but I'm still down for this even if its SFxT only. Here's hoping Mike Ross gets in for this. Shows like this need people's champs and he's pretty good at SFxT in the early builds.

My picks for players?

Mike Ross
Jago
Marlinpie
Cl0ckwork
Juice Box
Filipino Champ
Justin Wong
Chris G
Combofiend
Marn
Floe
Gamerbee
Daigo (international baby!)
Tokido (^)

EDIT: Failing the bids for Daigo/ Tokido throw in Noel Brown for another heel, and push IFC Yipes in for the fanbase.

El Sloth

Banned
My picks for players?

Mike Ross
Jago
Marlinpie
Cl0ckworkJuice Box
Filipino Champ
Justin Wong
Chris G
Combofiend
Marn
Floe
Gamerbee
Daigo (international baby!)
Tokido (^)
Nope.
IPlaywinner said:
You must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the United States (including the District of Columbia) at the time of application. If you are chosen to participate in the Program, you will be required to show proof of age and residence prior to participation.

shaowebb

Damn no Gamerbee/Daigo/Tokido. Chuck in Royal Flush. I wanted Gamerbee for his tendency to play odd characters and Daigo/Tokido were wanted to add some more villains to the drama.

Revised list of picks then.

Mike Ross
Jago
Marlinpie
Cl0ckwork
Juice Box
Filipino Champ
Justin Wong
Chris G
Combofiend
Marn
Floe
Royal Flush
Noel Brown
Sanford

Put IFC Yipes on the announcers roster though for the hype. If Noel Brown can't draw heat and Sanford doesn't get salty at least once to push the drama on this show I'd be shocked. Here's hoping Royal Flush can SFxT . I just wanted to have someone in the mix who plays goofball cast well.

shaowebb

Iplaywinner said:
"If you're ready to see if you've got what it takes, create a video blog detailing why you should be on "Cross Assault". We're not looking for scrubs here so make sure you include footage or proof that you're a seasoned fighting game player who's serious about the game. That said, we're also not just cherry picking top players. We're looking at many other factors such as interesting personalities, comments left on the videos, likes, dislikes - everything! "

Oh wow so its video submissions for entry and they will select based off the vids of you and your play footage if you are going into the show. Everyone spam your favorite qualified players to setup a video with clips of them playing fighting games!

So hope Mike Ross and Jago get onto this show for the Drama. Especially since Mike seemed to do well at this game and showed plans to take it seriously.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jonts: Learn to footsie dammit!! * Punches guy in the face *
Spooky: Nooo Jonts!
Arturo: AAAAaaaaaAAaaah!
SKill: That guy got mentally guardbroken

Reality show? Pfeh. Just have a camera rolling on them during tournaments. That's why they're the ones creating the memes that get shoved into the ground instead of doing the shoving.

And then of coarse, there's his charisma on camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77SfC-gmK9o

Been a huge fan of Aris from waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the SC2 days. I approve of this message.

YouTube Comment said:
Poison and Hugo

Hahahahaha

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Show of hands.... how many people, as you were reading "Capcom Announces Street Fighter X Tekken", thought they were already announcing the Super version even though the original isn't even out yet?

*raises hand*

It wouldn't be the first time either, UMVC3 was leaked before vanilla shipped.

...I think I want to participate in this. There's already footage of me playing in the archives of kadey's channel.

...Will give this some serious thought.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
...I think I want to participate in this. There's already footage of me playing in the archives of kadey's channel.

...Will give this some serious thought.
If it airs in the next month or so you have to put a paper bag on your face with your avatar on it for the entirety of the thing.

shaowebb

So who all has been tearing up the SFxT early builds so far? Lets make a list of good players on it so far and see who sounds the funnest to throw in the show.

F-Champ needs in for the heel factor. Hope they throw in some known "bad guys" to keep the drama up. Failing guys who go all WWE villain persona just get guys who get salty or call people out a lot for matches.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So who all has been tearing up the SFxT early builds so far? Lets make a list of good players on it so far and see who sounds the funnest to throw in the show.

F-Champ needs in for the heel factor. Hope they throw in some known "bad guys" to keep the drama up. Failing guys who go all WWE villain persona just get guys who get salty or call people out a lot for matches.
Mike Ross has been allegedly, according to Mike Ross, bodying fools on SFxTK. I think he won a mini tourney at some event or something too.

The casting call is pretty weird, it's worded like saying they'll pick the best from the 'popular' FGC anyways without outright saying it. I wonder if it will all be big names, all unknowns, or a mix of the two.

Also, seeing the inevitable gem shenanigans live will be hilarious.

Anth0ny

Noel Brown needs to be there. Best heel in the business.

Mike Ross too. Best face in the business.

If Yipes decides to play, he should be there too. You need personalities for a show like this.

Ideally, the season finale is the Evo 2012 SFxT top 8. Where Capcom rewards first place with $25,000.

CPS2

My picks:

Triforce
Mr Wizard
LA Akuma
Sirlin
Dark Prince
Dogface
Rockefellor!

Also, how the hell are you going to do a reality show of people from the actual FGC playing a new game, without hours and hours of footage of them saying the game sucks and making it look broken? LOL

Top Bottom