• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Announces Street Fighter x Tekken Live Reality Show "Cross Assault"

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Should be new people. But they should be capable. You don't want people who don't know the standard mechanics of fighters.
I like to see the community grow and everything being regulated to just top/high level players just makes things stale because we know who is who.

Grecco

Should be new people. But they should be capable. You don't want people who don't know the standard mechanics of fighters.
I like to see the community grow and everything being regulated to just top/high level players just makes things stale because we know who is who.

Your post was kinda what i wanted to say just much more well stated :)

El Sloth

Banned
Wait, its going to be people that already know how to play 2D fighters very well?
Wouldn't be very entertaining to watch otherwise would it?
IPlaywinner said:
If you're ready to see if you've got what it takes, create a video blog detailing why you should be on "Cross Assault". We're not looking for scrubs here so make sure you include footage or proof that you're a seasoned fighting game player who's serious about the game. That said, we're also not just cherry picking top players. We're looking at many other factors such as interesting personalities, comments left on the videos, likes, dislikes - everything!

CSX

Why would you want to see anything but this?

humor and the slim slim chance to see the evolution of a scrub to a decent player.

I think it would be cool to see someone day by day becoming a better player.

Could be future inspirational film for other players to get into fighters.

Crocodile

I'm not sure what this is or it it will be good but it involves a lot of people I like/respect getting paid so that can only be a good thing for the community. Plus some good laughs may follow. I gotta say though that I'm kind of impressed. Capcom's marketing budget for this game seems bigger than many games' entire development budgets. (The last statement may or may not be inclusive of MvC3.....)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Regardless of whether the cast will be pro or well-known, it's a new game, and everyone will be experimenting to an extent. Teams will need to cooperate and try different match-ups during down time; try to second guess the other team, and so on.

It has the potential to be genuinely interesting, as well as full of hilarity and hype when the two teams actually face off.

Can't wait to see new technologies unfolding before our eyes.

Do we know whether it'll be strictly SF team versus Tekken team? I imagine both teams will be a mixed bag.

CPS2

humor and the slim slim chance to see the evolution of a scrub to a decent player.

I think it would be cool to see someone day by day becoming a better player.

Could be future inspirational film for other players to get into fighters.

That is exactly what you're going to see if they're using good players (it's a new game).

If they're bad at fighting games, you might see it but almost definitely won't.

Can't wait to see new technologies unfolding before our eyes.

Exactly. This is why they're going after experienced players.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly. This is why they're going after experienced players.
Yeah, experienced (with fighting games) to some degree is a no-brainer. I would like to see at least a couple of well-known faces, but not an 'all star cast' if you know what I mean.

It would be good if the audition videos go public on Youtube or something at some point. I'm not one for reality TV, but as a fighting game fan, I'm genuinely curious as to how people would flaunt themselves for this take on it!
Either way it'll probably still end up pretty entertaining to watch.
I know they're not taking on scrubs, but seeing two people who never play fighting games duking it out on SSF4 or UMvC3 is hilarious. You literally never know what's going to happen - makes for good hype :D

Kimosabae

Banned
What about them complaining to the audience that everyone else in the competition plays cheap?

fry.PNG

Go on...

Wait, its going to be people that already know how to play 2D fighters very well?

Would you like to see a Starcraft series starring me and bunch of fighting game players who don't know how to play Starcraft facing each other to win a bunch of money? But yes, it's going to be seasoned players and I'm very glad to hear that. I don't want non-fighting game players to try and cash in on this knowing full well they don't give a shit about the game or the community. Capcom is doing this for the community and the ones who are active members whether they run tournaments, are top players, or just guys who play a lot and watch streams should be the ones rewarded.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
#eSports

gotta keep it clean for the SC2 kids
im in for the pop off and salt son
let it floe

That said I want actual good players and personalities, no TV crap where they hype up terrible players. I can't imagine that happening though, so I'm looking forward to this for sure.

BW > SC2

Off the top of my head people I'd love to see be involved in this show.

Knivez
FlashMetroid
Shizza (glorious return to competitive play angle?)

Special Mention:
Mr. Wizard (because he hates the game and the irony would be ever so delicious)

Edit ~
After reading over some stuff gotta agree with :
Cl0ckwork
Aeris (the guy is a blast on literally every stream you put him on)
RoyalFlush
Noah (lol)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Two very heated top players as coaches. Ono/Harada and Seth/FilthieRich as supporting coaches for each respective game. Harada should dress as Chun Li and Ono should dress as Nina throughout the whole ordeal.

shaowebb

Two very heated top players as coaches. Ono/Harada and Seth/FilthieRich as supporting coaches for each respective game. Harada should dress as Chun Li and Ono should dress as Nina throughout the whole ordeal.

Ono as Poison. Harada as Kuma. Harada's team win's Ono-Poison has to take the Kuma special from Harada for the closing shot of Cross Assault. Ono's team wins and Harada-Kuma has to re-enact the bear scene from Super Troopers in front of Ono-Poison for the closing shot instead.

I wouldn't mind seeing a fighting game version of the Ultimate Fighter. Like you said, bring in two top players as coaches. Then bring in a bunch of good/decent players, not top guys. Basically they know how how to play the game, they know there punishes, links, and what isn't and is safe and more. I'd like to see how well these guys could progress over the course of 8 weeks or so. There is no money to support this kind of thing, but it would be pretty interesting.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There are a lot of great players out there for various fighting games and they have no means, whether it's monetary, work, other obligations to make it to tournaments. They should get a shot. I lost count of how many times I heard someone say they would love to go to tournaments but they are broke, etc. Some people aren't as blessed as others.
People need to realize the fighting game community is not just the top players or people who show up to tournaments. The FGC has evolved a lot in the past year or so. The little people matter now. And a bunch of those little people can hang with the very best if given a chance.

Me and a bunch of locals want a Ken player who goes by the name of Lilsicx to be on this.

Then again, he hasn't been on SRK responding to any of our pleas so far. D:

Sblargh

Banned
I... don't.... really know how to feel about this.
I guess it's cool? I mean, if it's good, then good, if it's not, then nothing of value was lost?

There are a lot of great players out there for various fighting games and they have no means, whether it's monetary, work, other obligations to make it to tournaments. They should get a shot. I lost count of how many times I heard someone say they would love to go to tournaments but they are broke, etc. Some people aren't as blessed as others.
People need to realize the fighting game community is not just the top players or people who show up to tournaments. The FGC has evolved a lot in the past year or so. The little people matter now. And a bunch of those little people can hang with the very best if given a chance.

I guess just the possibility of a legitimate new big name appearing from nowhere because the dude didn't had opportunity is good enough justification for the existence of this.

This is a pretty solid idea.

I just wish it wasn't Street Fighter X Tekken, only because I have no remaining interest in the game.

I'll watch it to support the community though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I want to see girls and drama queens. I said it before.

I want to see at least one of each on each side.

I want to go on the show and throw sticks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So its a fighting game related reality 24/7 Show .... its going to consume my life.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
While it's great that Spooky's getting paid, I don't see how this is anything more than a lame, one-off marketing stunt.

Chavelo

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE I WANT NOEL IN FOR ZE DRAMA AND LIKE 5 OF THE EMP DUDES AND TRIFORCE AND ESPORTSSSSSS AND JAGO AND MIKE TO GO AT IT AND FIGHT EACH OTHER SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG. KAPPA BASED GOD

Wait, what do they do again?

Fighting... games?

ಠ_ಠ

FinKL

My picks:

Triforce
Mr Wizard
LA Akuma
Sirlin
Dark Prince
Dogface
Rockefellor!

Also, how the hell are you going to do a reality show of people from the actual FGC playing a new game, without hours and hours of footage of them saying the game sucks and making it look broken? LOL

Winners, lol

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I can't find my nofun.jpg

Even if you have no plans to buy this game, it should be fun to watch provided that it's organized properly.

I enjoy watching matches between top players. I have zero interest in the drama and personalities. I don't plan to watch this event based on what has been revealed thus far.

Nyoro SF

I enjoy watching matches between top players. I have zero interest in the drama and personalities. I don't plan to watch this event based on what has been revealed thus far.

There will be matches between top players. Note in the episode where they say your skill in fighting games will be a factor when you apply to be on the show.

At the very least, players who know how fighting games work will be playing unlike the editors at magazines herp derping over buttons.

No need to be so.... hardcore, bro.

Top Bottom