• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Announces Street Fighter x Tekken Live Reality Show "Cross Assault"

El Sloth

Banned
I'm a little baffled.
We're proud to announce that IPLAYWINNER and TEAM SPOOKY are working on a very exciting project with Capcom—a live reality show for Street Fighter x Tekken titled "Cross Assault" — that is going to take everything you know and love about streams and the fighting game scene to a completely new level.

"Cross Assault" is live and uncut, spanning the course of 7 days, with two teams — Team Street Fighter and Team Tekken — facing off against each other under the coaching of two legendary players from the fighting game community, all with a grand prize of $25,000.

Five players will be chosen for each team, all competing in a series of skill-based challenges surrounding Street Fighter x Tekken, with the coach for each team working with the players to find the most effective strategies to lead their team to victory. Players who don't make the cut will have to rely on their fighting game skills to avoid being eliminated from the competition. That's right, being dope at boogie boarding or jump roping wont help you here — it's all about your fighting game skills in "Cross Assault"

IPLAYWINNER and TEAM SPOOKY are pulling the best of the best from the community to make this a production unlike anything you've seen before. We've assembled an all-star team — many of which who helped make the EVO2K11 stream one of the most watched competitive gaming events of all time — to ensure this is a production that stays true to what makes the fighting game community so amazing.

If you're ready to see if you've got what it takes, create a video blog detailing why you should be on "Cross Assault". We're not looking for scrubs here so make sure you include footage or proof that you're a seasoned fighting game player who's serious about the game. That said, we're also not just cherry picking top players. We're looking at many other factors such as interesting personalities, comments left on the videos, likes, dislikes - everything!

Once your video is ready submit the URL here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/go/crossassault/signup

You must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the United States (including the District of Columbia) at the time of application. If you are chosen to participate in the Program, you will be required to show proof of age and residence prior to participation.

So when do we go live with "Cross Assault"? Exact dates will be revealed very soon but you can expect to tune in sometime in late February with the Grand Finals taking place live at Final Round in Atlanta, GA. In the meantime, stay tuned to IPW and Capcom-Unity for all the latest "Cross Assault" developments!​

Video of the announcement.

I guess this will be the fighting game version of the Tester?

Edit: Gaffer submissions:

Submitted a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvy9ldpxF14&context=C30799e7ADOEgsToPDskKyzBddKdBwNrmNPlllQRWK

Hope you find it somewhat entertaining, some GAFers might remember me from before UMVC3 came out and I was streaming it.
Hey guys sorry for not posting this as quickly as I said I would, it's been a busy week. But here's me playing some matches/doing commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqIu1tuQplM&context=C30799e7ADOEgsToPDskKyzBddKdBwNrmNPlllQRWK

Hope Neogaf approves!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63H79ZYwTBU
That's my entry. I'm probably not going to get picked. Ha ha.

Hey guys. Just uploaded my Cross Assault submission. Would appreciate support from my GAF overlords! m(_ _)m

http://youtu.be/AJgQsXy3j5k

Whether or not I get picked, my friends and I had a blast making it! This show is gonna be insane, and I've been loving all the other submissions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjU5irXvmMQ I'm trying out for team SF gaiz <3 thought you guys would like plz share. <3<3 GAF <3<3

130103674850.jpg

Grakl

Well, if it's like a docudrama, then cool. The Balrog/Boxer one was absolutely hilarious (and extremely well done), even if it's completely different from this.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ultimate Fighter Fighting game version?

I'd say they pick the two most pissed off players that hate each other as coaches.

Sounds awesome. I love how connected Capcom is to their community.
Even though they pull some questionable shit, you've gotta give it to 'em. They love their fighting fans.

kirblar

We so need to get one of the GAF UMvC, SF4 or Tekken players on this.

Preferably one who isn't me, because I'm just not that good.

FinKL

I would definitely watch. So, I think they are picking people pretty much solely based on personality/skill set/uniqueness? I doubt they would pick normal people, but that's just me. A lot of the players are already established/have stories.

Mike Ross and Yipes come to mind :O Boo for no WinRich or Noah :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm excited for this. Let's go TEAM TEKKEN!

:D

We need girls on this show, and drama queens.

Let's go!

Sounds awesome. I love how connected Capcom is to their community.
Even though they pull some questionable shit, you've gotta give it to 'em. They love their fighting fans.

Probably because they keep buying updates sold as full games. Meanwhile, in the Megaman and Monster Hunter communities...

Wasn't there another show like this that JWong was already on? Like he was had to drive a race car or something I remember.

IDK, part of me thinks this is super lame, then, hey, it might be cool.

Let the good times roll.

Wasn't there another show like this that JWong was already on? Like he was had to drive a race car or something I remember.

IDK, part of me thinks this is super lame, then, hey, it might be cool.

Let the good times roll.

Well that was a ridiculousness show and they mostly played bad games.

This one seems to be a little more focused with fighting games only. remains to be seen how cheesy it will end up but the names involved give me hope that at the very least it will be entertaining.

TGMIII

If jago is in this and his theme doesn't play when he enters a room this whole thing can be marked down as a failure.

Top Bottom