• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Unannounced titles using Panta Rhei engine coming; fierce NA competition

Capcom isn’t taking the challenge coming with the new generation lightly, and is looking to expand aggressively in the global market, as explained today by Consumer Game Business Executive Corporate Officer Katsuhiko Ichii in an internal interview for investors.

"In North America Capcom faces fierce competition in the home video game market, but we’ll continue to put out high-powered content. We intend to enhance our marketing and game development capabilities for next-gen consoles and develop games which attract more users."

In addition to that, he explained that the company intends to come up with new brands for mobile games and online PC games, but even more interestingly he admitted that Capcom is already “pushing ahead” with the development of “some” unannounced games using Deep Down’s engine Panta Rhei.
Via Dualshockers

p_02.png

Mesoian

I mean...yeah. Duh. Deep Down still isn't a 2014 game so that means Capcom has nothing for next gen this year which means they're stepping into a ring that is filled with hungry players from all over the world looking to get a big piece of the pie in 2015.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
New Mega Man entry, DMC, Monster Hunter, and some new ips better be some of those unannounced games. Or maybe Breath of Fire.

It's probably another mediocre Resident Evil game :(

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Do they have any big titles slated for release on consoles in 2014? Can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Mesoian

If I had to guess, RE7, MH4, Capcom Fighting Jam (or whatever will replace Marvel), and 1 new IP. No Megaman, no reboots, most of which will either be late 2015/mid 2016.

Sort of much ado about nothing.

Silky

Banned
Sure, release a DmC2. See how far that goes. Either Capcpom releases DMC5, or shelves the series.

Believe it or not, DmC is still selling. It's up to nearly 1.5 million. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it makes the 2 million by the end of the year.

Mesoian

Sure, release a DmC2. See how far that goes. Either Capcpom releases DMC5, or shelves the series.

I think they'd be happier to shelve it at this point.

Believe it or not, DmC is still selling. It's up to nearly 1.5 million. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it makes the 2 million by the end of the year.

I'm super interested to know DmC's PC numbers.

Takao

Banned
If I had to guess, RE7, MH4, Capcom Fighting Jam (or whatever will replace Marvel), and 1 new IP. No Megaman, no reboots, most of which will either be late 2015/mid 2016.

Sort of much ado about nothing.

3DS can't run this engine.

Mesoian

Why? MT framework mobile is for 3ds.

...yes, and we're talking about next gen systems. MH4 for PS4 or XBone.

Or...WiiU, but I don't think capcom is all that interested in that quick conversion right now.

Reboot of Mega Man or Lost Planet 4.

Nah, I'm joking, I hope for Devil May Cry or DmC Devil May Cry.

I'd love Lost Planet 4 if it was actually like Lost Planet 1 and 2 and not a cheap Dead Space ripoff.

It is a multiplatform engine which will be used going forward for many of Capcom's next-gen games. Also an article talking the engine being able to be adapted to any platform: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...rhei_game_engine_can_be_adapted_to_any_system

But it is an engine that Sony has helped them exploit on the PS4 with deep down. It's a really smart move on Sony's part as the MT Framework was more of a 360 engine and it showed with games running and looking better on that platform. So, getting to Capcom and having them build their next-gen engine with a PS4 exclusive was well done on Sony's part.

Top Bottom