• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: "We're targeting 30fps"; working with MS to improve Dead Rising 3

Anteater

Fuuuuuu

Targeting 30 fps. LOL

That sounds like it's running below 30 fps right now and they're hoping to improve it to that. Yikes!

Yea, that's what he's saying, the game is currently having slowdowns when a lot of zombies are on screen, that's why they're saying they're targeting at 30fps. It's in the OP :p

They won't lock 30 based on past DR games. Best they can do is ensure the drops aren't too bad...

To be expected though. This is them taking their engine into true open world with no loading during the game.

djshauny

Banned
To be honest I expect more from next gen.

Thing is though the majority of people who buy the platform dont even know about frames per second.

They just want to play games, not framerates.

McLovin

Guys its gonna be cool, since its an exclusive they can just ask Microsoft for more power from teh cloud. Just have teh cloud render more of the zombies.
What happened to all that cloud power
Obviously its not live yet... duh.

eXistor

30 is fine, but only if they actually make that. Calling 30fps a slideshow is such nonsense. Can you even enjoy games anymore if you truly feel that way?

boingball

I don't understand what the problem is. Just put up some cloud servers, that should push the framerate easily to 30fps. Heck, double the number of cloud servers and you have 60fps. The infinite power of the cloud.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why is this thread so hostile? Knack is made by the damn team with the system architect and is 30fps.

DR3 is completely open, has no load times, and asstons of models on screen at once. 30fps is fine, launch games aren't going to ever be the bastion of showing off system power. But I do completely agree that it shouldn't drop below that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Killzone: 'we're targeting 60 fps'

Capcom: 'We're targeting the bare minimum'

Kind of says it all, doesn't it?
Why is this thread so hostile? Knack is made by the damn team with the system architect and is 30fps.

DR3 is completely open, has no load times, and asstons of models on screen at once. 30fps is fine, launch games aren't going to ever be the bastion of showing off system power.

There's a difference between 'We've got the game locked at 30 and are targeting 60' and 'We're targeting 30.' The idea of 'targeting' 30 FPS is already saying that this game is going to run shitty like Far Cry on consoles.

Gbraga

30 is fine, but only if they actually make that. Calling 30fps a slideshow is such nonsense. Can you even enjoy games anymore if you truly feel that way?

I agree that 30 would be fine for this game, but they're not very confident about 30, that's the issue to me.

DR3 is completely open, has no load times, and asstons of models on screen at once. 30fps is fine, launch games aren't going to ever be the bastion of showing off system power.

And I always say how Knack's framerate is shit, one thing doesn't excuse the other.

About 30 being fine, read above.

From all next-gen launch titles this has the most questionable performance.

The drops were ridiculous and aren't improving that much.

They will probably need to scale down on zombies.

derFeef

It's not even 30fps at times, that's the problem.

Killzone: 'we're targeting 60 fps'

Capcom: 'We're targeting the bare minimum'

Kind of says it all, doesn't it?

Those games are not finished yet?

Elios83

Targeting 30fps is like targeting to make it playable ^_^''
Not a really good situation and it's not like the game has this crazy next gen graphics.
Maybe the game just isn't ready and shouldn't be released this year.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
30 fps is not "very smooth" it's a fucking slideshow.

Moronic post is moronic.

Back to the topic.
I wonder if this well be the first sub 30fps (on occasion) next gen game when it launches.

omonimo

Banned
I think DR1 and 2 were 30 with lots of effects. They felt okay.

Sub-30 would be pretty lame.

DR1 & 2 has not 30 fps from what I remember, especially the second. I'm not expecting great changement in DR3, but it's surprising see sort of difficult even in a next gen title.

DR3 is completely open, has no load times, and asstons of models on screen at once. 30fps is fine, launch games aren't going to ever be the bastion of showing off system power. But I do completely agree that it shouldn't drop below that.

Because 30FPS is the bare minimum which most of us can indeed accept

BUT they can't even guarantee that

What was the last game that admitted having problems hitting 30FPS?

Because "targeting 30 fps" makes it sound like they aren't actually going to hit it. It should be a requirement, not a target.

Plus every video of the game so far has been like....15-20 fps. Not inspiring confidence.

It is hip to hate on anything X1 related

I think you know why it's so hostile...

Ryuuga

Banned
So they're targeting 30 fps all the while targeting the CoD audience. Something tells me they won't be successful doing either.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Dat fuck you talk'en about?

Starting to wonder about most you with the 30fps bits.

A game running peaks and valleys of 30fps is not the same as game running 30fps flat. Which is why saying it's like a movie is beyond dumb. Movies don't drop frames ever while games do.

B.O.O.M

I'm guessing this is an unfortunate use of a term like 'targeting'..because if they are still actually working towards hitting that..good lord

Top Bottom