• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War - First impressions (Full review embargo lifts Apr 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, the movie comes out on the 27th of April where I live, but I'll be in the States from next week until May 6th. There's something ironic about seeing the new Captain America movie more than a week later than I could because I have the misfortune of visiting America.

Neoxon

Looks like I'll only be able to make it to the theater an hour early thanks to Calculus & the drive from College Station to Houston.

Pray for me, MCU-GAF.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So the initial impressions paint this to be even better than Winter Soldier? Mother of God......

Looks like I'll only be able to make it to the theater an hour early thanks to Calculus & the drive from College Station to Houston.

Pray for me, MCU-GAF.

You're going to hate me.

I don't think you should go. Odds are so high that they'll turn you away.

Apharmd

if it makes you feel better man, i'm in houston too and i can't go for two reasons: i messed up signing up for the screening and i have to help my bros practice for texas showdown

so i can fite them

irl civil war

MechDX

I read that as "the reviewer is dead"

1968315_4065_625x1000.jpg

Disney dont play when it comes to review embargoes

TRios Zen

Wait so two hours is like the minimum we should aim to get there? I was planning on two but could probably sneak out of work 30 minutes early to make it 2.5

Dang I'm more worried about this then I should be.

icespide

Banned
Wait so two hours is like the minimum we should aim to get there? I was planning on two but could probably sneak out of work 30 minutes early to make it 2.5

I'm not taking any chances. I'm working from home tomorrow and plan to get to the theater 4 hours early. Probably gonna watch ant-man on my phone

Based on what BronsonLee has been blabbering about for a few days, 2 is the minimum, might want to shoot for more on this one due to demand

Static and I are a bit more weary of this than others because we know how the Winter Soldier advance screening went, but yeah, 2 hours and change is the sweet spot.

They gave away A LOT of these passes. Most screenings are overbooked to ensure a full house, and they expect some people to not show up. EVERYONE is gonna show up here.

Based on what BronsonLee has been blabbering about for a few days, 2 is the minimum, might want to shoot for more on this one due to demand

fight me bitch *uppercut*

But legit, I'd rather you guys get there early and see no line than get there like an hour before and be SOL

Apharmd

i've read that they're overbooking the hell out of this, try 3 if you can

Magwik

Banned

They normally don't start letting people into the theater until 45 mins or an hour before the showing. An hour before the showing starts the line is almost guaranteed to be have more people than seats.

We showed up 2 hours for a screening of iron man 2 and there were about 200 people ahead of us that didn't get in.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
seems to be gone now?

no content

Wow, I'm glad I read it before it got taken down.

A quick spoiler free summary of what it said:

- best Marvel movie ever, even better than CA:WS and Iron Man
- best super hero fight scene ever
- this 3rd Captain America movie makes his three films the best super hero trilogy of all time
- Spider Man is finally done right on the big screen
- excellent character interactions
- the movie has a better story and script than the trailers have led to believe
- it will make a fuck ton of money

Basically, the reviewer was surprised at just how good it actually was.

yo BronsonLee, if I have a Kindle with me (e-ink, no camera) will they lose their shit?

They'll likely take anything electronic, but they won't lose their shit on anybody. You can have your phones and whatnot in line, but you can't bring them into the screening itself.

These are the kind of early impressions from hardcore fans that always make me chuckle. Earned? What does that even mean?

That's easy. There's been enough movies with these characters that this storyline can go. You couldn't have the first Marvel movie be Civil War.

TRios Zen

I'm not taking any chances. I'm working from home tomorrow and plan to get to the theater 4 hours early. Probably gonna watch ant-man on my phone

Static and I are a bit more weary of this than others because we know how the Winter Soldier advance screening went, but yeah, 2 hours and change is the sweet spot.

They gave away A LOT of these passes. Most screenings are overbooked to ensure a full house, and they expect some people to not show up. EVERYONE is gonna show up here.

fight me bitch *uppercut*

But legit, I'd rather you guys get there early and see no line than get there like an hour before and be SOL

i've read that they're overbooking the hell out of this, try 3 if you can

They normally don't start letting people into the theater until 45 mins or an hour before the showing. An hour before the showing starts the line is almost guaranteed to be have more people than seats.

We showed up 2 hours for a screening of iron man 2 and there were about 200 people ahead of us that didn't get in.

Fuuuuuu....

Alright, going to aim for at least 2.5 then thanks everyone.

These are the kind of early impressions from hardcore fans that always make me chuckle. Earned? What does that even mean?

It means Marvel took the time to develop these characters and their relationships before pitting them against each other. In comparison to another recent superhero showdown, that clearly failed to connect to viewers on an emotional level.

Earned means that moments that are meant to have impact don't feel cheap or forced due to the investment they've created with the characters in the MCU. So the opposite of the DCCU.

Edit: Dammit Pai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom