• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Cash me outside" girl drops her first single and it's low key fire

maybe we were and just had home training

dont extrapolate your teenage shithead antics to the rest of us

never thought I'd see grown ass adult cash me outside girl stans irl
I'm a stan because you probably shouldn't hate on children that make mistakes? Imma call bullshit on you being a perfect teenager too.

who the hell is this and the hell is this junk?
20120712.gif

theWB27

I'm not talking to you then.

But I am talking to you.

I was making honor roll at 14 living in the hood with people selling drugs all around me. I'm 32 and have yet to see the inside of a cop car. Being 14 isn't an excuse for acting the way she does. It's also not a reason to rate garbage music higher than it should be. It's cool if you like it...but her sound is terrible.

She might've made mistakes...but her music is clearly centered around glorifying them.

LordKasual

Banned
this little girl was the type of chick in my school, she'd say shit like "cash me outside" to teachers in order to look hard

then some other chick, usually a bit less cute, parents with a little less money, would end up having beef with her. But this chick doesn't say shit like "cash me outside", she just literally catches you outside and beats the shit out of you

usually the story ends there, but for some reason this little moron found her way to Dr. Phil and became a celebrity for it. Because its funny when a white girl does it

k

I was making honor roll at 14 living in the hood with people selling drugs all around me. I'm 32 and have yet to see the inside of a cop car. Being 14 isn't an excuse for acting the way she does. It's also not a reason to rate garbage music higher than it should be. It's cool if you like it...but her sound is terrible.

She might've made mistakes...but her music is clearly centered around glorifying them.
It literally is. Her brain isn't even fully formed yet my dude.

Props on the honor roll I guess. I grew up poor too, with absent parents. I have two BS degrees now, but I made a shit load of stupid decisions as a teenager.

Sounds like the average generic song that pops up these days. I'm mainly dumbfounded by the age of the girl and the lyrics she's rapping.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Props on the honor roll I guess. I grew up poor too, with absent parents. I have two BS degrees now, but I made a shit load of stupid decisions as a teenager.

I think he's saying if other 14 year olds don't make stupid decisions, then it can't all be "her brain isn't fully formed".

CDX

oh she has a popular YouTube channel, that gets MILLIONS of views per video.

I guess good for her, and her family, for figuring out a way to make money off her meme worthy notoriety. Can't really hate the hustle.

LOLDSFAN

Lol not even autotune can help her. 😂 😂 😂

Sounds like her mouth is full of saliva every time she talks.

Sometimes old man yells at cloud is right.

Also, is this some deep philosophical ironic piece? Everything she's saying about the hoes is exactly what she's famous for.

theWB27

Now that we got that out of the way....at 14 you're brain is developed enough to know basic right from wrong. I didn't say she had to be free of mistakes...but as she's getting older she's clearly choosing to make music glorifying that instead of learning/spreading a better image.

"money green like a Ceelo."

That's incredibly clever.

This might be the best rap song this side of Macklemore.

Also, is this some deep philosophical ironic piece? Everything she's saying about the hoes is exactly what she's famous for.

How many times does she need to say she's nothing like those hoes before you actually listen to her?

Auto tune? I'm out. Trash.

Everything is autotuned*. When you don't hear it it means it was used in judicious amounts as a corrective measure, as opposed to using it as an effect.

That said I pretty much agree with you to the extent I would rather hear a strained or bum note than a tuned one. As a deliberate effect (and one that hilariously requires deliberately singing out of key to accentuate the artificial sound of the corrected note) it had it's moment a long time ago.

*Anything that has even the slightest pretension towards mainstream. The alternatives are comping, splicing a vocal track out of multiple takes, sometimes down to the syllable level, or a single take that may have mistakes, or even no mistakes but not be always as great as it could be. What is done by the artist or producer is pretty much a stylistic decision at this point.

Cultural appropriation for the win. Its annoying to no end that the media would shame a black girl call her ghetto and a ton of different coded words for nigger. But a lil white girl goes and does it and suddenly its popular, edgy and risqué.

Fuck this shit man. Hop the fuck outta my culture. And anyone that supports this trash. Shame on you.

Galang

Banned
The autotune and how she rhymes reminds me a lot like Uffie except this girl is a lot more aggressive. Not bad honestly

I didn't understand 80% of the lyrics in the song. Is this how "da kids" in the streets speak these days?

I guess I must be getting old, and I'm only 25.

finowns

Cultural appropriation for the win. Its annoying to no end that the media would shame a black girl call her ghetto and a ton of different coded words for nigger. But a lil white girl goes and does it and suddenly its popular, edgy and risqué.

Fuck this shit man. Hop the fuck outta my culture. And anyone that supports this trash. Shame on you.

Who is saying this is popular, edgy, and risqué?

Who is saying this is popular, edgy, and risqué?

The labels, management companies, and directors that are willing to throw money at her.

Her sound and image are all based on the fact that she "acts black" while being white

And we can look at the history of white and white-passing young women using black culture to sell a product. Kylie Jenner is the prime example.

Top Bottom