• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

As per the other thread I am posting this to recruit for a casual madden league which will launch Wednesday September 3rd. We have a group on GroupMe called NeoGaf Maddenheads for those who wanna communicate through there. Add me on PSN: SwaunyJones

To view your team and manage them accordingly we are currently using www.easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-franchise/ and Thanks to Justin and his persistence we are also using http://daddyleagues.com/GCSL for the league.

For those still playing we will be doing 48 hour advances after Wednesday so that we can finish up the season in time for all those who want to take advantage of the Best Buy deal and trade their games in for Madden 16.

OPEN TEAMS: Buccaneers, Dolphins, Ravens, Jets, Panthers, Chargers, Lions, Patriots, Packers

League Rules:

These rules have been implemented with the help of other league members. Keep in mind this is to ensure the casual fun atmosphere we all want to play in. I've updated the rules recently to reflect that. When I created this league it was for the sole purpose for those on Gaf who just wanted to get in a league that was fun without the fuss of constantly being on the game and consumed by it. We have a large group in the league that has a life away from the league and just want to get a their games in without all the fuss of keeping up with the logistics of micromanaging all the other stuff involved. I kept the rules at a minimum thinking most that have joined would have the common sense and courtesy to not be a douche and take advantage nor exploit things and just play to have fun. Some things have changed and to keep things on par to what we were gunning for from the start, the rules below have been altered to reflect that. As commissioner of the league I have to do what's best for the majority of the league and that's exactly what I plan to do. I appreciate the messages and feedback throughout the year in regards to changes/alterations for the league guys so keep them coming so we can continue to make the league and community grow and have fun in the process.

- Games will be played on All-Pro difficulty with 8 Minute Qtrs
- We will be advancing to the next week every Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10 pm EST SHARP!!
- Please contact your opponents ASAP and if you can't negotiate a time or don't hear from them let me know no later then 24 hours before advance so that we can work something out or someone can get placed on auto
- This league is meant to be challenging but FUN. Keep that in mind and please be courteous to league members. I could care less if you guys trash talk at all. It is encouraged but don't make it personal (eg. leave girlfriends/wives/moms out of it) NO personal attacks please.

- Upon picking your team once we start ALL MEMBERS MUST CREATE A OWNER or COACH. We will not allow any owner to use an existing owner/coach as it creates an unfair advantage when it comes to earning xp points for your team. Originally I was just going to make everyone be coaches but figured some of you may be wanting to move your franchise to another city which is why the owner feature is available for us. It'll be fun to see what you guys come up with in regards to team relocation and team names.

- All owners/coaches MUST turn off in your settings Fill Roster, Re-Sign Players, Progress Players and Sign Offseason Free Agents Otherwise the CPU will mess up your rosters each advance. You've been warned. I don't want to hear any complaints if you fail to do this.

- Don't run up the score on your opponents. If you're up by 21 or more points after the third PLEASE shy away from passing every down and play ball control/time management and milk the clock on offense. If you're in scoring range kick the field goal instead of scoring the TD. The only exception for scoring in these circumstances is off of a turnover (Interception / Fumble return)

- CPU games: Games played against cpu whether it be an open team or a team on auto should not be an excuse to annihalate them. That being said nobody is allowed to score more then 56 points against the CPU. 56 points is more then enough to get the win. I don't care if you're losing or not. If you can't beat the cpu without going over 56 points that's not my problem. This rule will be strictly enforced with a real stiff penalty for rule breakers.

- 4th down rule: You are allowed to go for it on 4th and 1 at any point and time in the game. The only exceptions to the rule are as follows:
1) If you are down by two scores ( meaning 9 points ) or more in the 4th Qtr you can go for no matter how much yards are required for the 1st down (eg: 4th and 15 / 4th and 8)
If you're down in the 4th with 3 minutes remaining you can also go for it no matter what you're down by.
If you are up by more then two scores ( 9 points ) YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED to go for it on 4th down
2) You are within the 45-35 yard line on your opponents side of the field which is just outside of FG range

- Playcalling in Madden is totally up to you. I would suggest mixing your playcalling up though because I'm sure if you milk a play too much you'll more then pay for it. If anyone in the league finds a play too OP record it with the "Share" button and forward it to me and I'll provide the league with numerous ways to shut it down. This will encourage people to balance their playcalling. Please try and keep the lobby style play for ranked matches guys.

- Owners are NOT allowed to put WR's at the TE position in ANY circumstances or TE at WR . I want to put this out there right now. It's an OP manuever that the game hasn't adjusted to and gives an unfair advantage to the person on offense. You are allowed to put CB's at any of the Safety spots and LB's at the DE spot though. These are realistic moves in everyday football. Don't be surprised though when that said CB is critically hurt trying to tackle a RB while playing Safety. But that's for you to decide if the risk is worth the reward. To elaborate more on this we are now adding NO FB's at the TE position as well. The only exception to this rule is if your TE's are all injured and have no choice but to play the FB there. If you wanna put an Offensive Lineman at the TE position it has to be done out of formations that by default have 1 WR or less in it otherwise it is not allowed. You have a 53 man roster for a reason. Use the proper players at their relative positions. I could care less that your TE's can't block. Use your XP they gain to fix that issue as that's what it's for. EVERYONE MUST have a minimum of 2 TE's on their roster. So basically for those who don't understand this rule you simply can only swap LB's to various LB positions and DE's but not an LB at a DT or Secondary position, and CB's/Safeties can play any position in the secondary but not any of the LB positions. If something is exploiting the AI because of the subbing of players please keep me posted so we can address it. Going forward if you had/have plans to have a certain player convert to new positions in the offseason. They all must be presented to me for APPROVAL.

- If there are any disputes in regards to gameplay and exploits please use the "Share" button on the PS4 so that we can see for ourselves what the issue is. I will not play the game of he said she said over what has happened without proof via the "Share" button.

- In regards to streaming. I know it's popular among us users here but as of now your opponent is not allowed to join the persons streaming the game's stream for obvious reasons (you can see their plays and audibles before the snap, player tendencies). Anybody caught doing this will be automatically suspended for 3 games no questions asked.

Exploits like this and others like it will get you instantly banned from the league NO QUESTIONS ASKED. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0MyRHzI9E0 as well as the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yENA7SFCqfA Owners if you suspect someone is doing these to you please start saving game vids by holding the Share button on your PS controller and it'll record 15 minutes of footage. Please take advantage of this as it'll settle a ton of disputes regardless of glitches. Thanks

Issues regarding disconnects

- If the two parties playing disconnect in the first half and are losing by less then 28 pts they are required to replay the game. If you're down by 28 pts or more the losing party will be put on auto and the other person will be able to play the CPU.
- If the game disconnects in the second half both parties are required to restart the game and are required to have the team that was up to be given the exact lead and then continue the game from there. Example: If the Rams are beating the Niners 49-38 in the third and it disconnects you're required to restart and give the team that was winning an 11 point lead by the end of the 1st Qtr and then continue to play the game from there.
- If the person is up by 21 points or more in the 4th quarter and a disconnect happens the losing party is required to put themselves on auto and let the person leading at that time play the CPU. If the person is up by 28 points in the 3rd quarter and a disconnect happens the losing party is required to put themselves on auto and let the person leading play the CPU

Trade/Free Agency rules:

- I will be creating a trade committee with myself and two other members (TriniTrin and Abrack08) from this league. We will rule on trades as a team to determine if it is fair for both parties. If a trade gets rejected. Go back to the drawing board and rework it. Look at it from both sides. If you ask nicely we may even help you find a way to make it work. Pestering the trade committee members will make sure your questions go ignored.
- To make a trade both parties must submit the trade via this thread or GroupMe so that I may present it to the committee. Once it's been submitted and approved it's at that point that both parties physically do the trade within the game

- Free Agency when we start will require that those that want to sign a free agent only sign 1 free agent within the first 24 hours of the league start. This gives everyone a chance to get at least 1 decent signing on their team. After that 24 hour period it's a free for all for you guys.

- If you sign a free agent you are required to keep him on your roster till the next advance.
- ANYBODY that releases a player on their team with the purpose of resigning them for a cheap 1 year deal will be immediately INSTABOOTED from the league. This will be strictly enforced. You have been warned.
- Everyone is required to stay under the salary cap throughout their seasons. It's fairly easy to manage guys so lets not destroy a teams CAP. If you are having issues understanding how the CAP works message me and I'll give you advice on how it all works.

Let's have fun and play within the rules. I encourage everyone to download the PSN app for communication purposes as well. I have setup a GroupMe account for the league called NeoGaf Maddenheads for the league members to use as well for communication purposes. We already have a lot of members using it so I suggest giving it a shot (it's fairly easy and fun to use). If you guys have any concerns please let me know and we can work something out.

AFC

Patriots:
Dolphins:
Jets:
Bills: Thomasbk - PSN: TBKkiller

Bengals: PSN: JFK1935
Steelers: PSN: HiLiteOnline
Ravens:
Browns: The_Almighty_Swan - PSN: SwaunyJones

Colts: KKtheDestroyer - PSN: KK_the_Destroyer
Titans: Lennox - PSN: Un-xplainedBacon
Texans: PSN: asteele523
Jaguars: PSN: DaGameRDFL

Chiefs: MWS The Natural - PSN: MWStheNatural
Broncos: Lan Dong Mik - PSN: Shuggah Daddy
Chargers:
Raiders: hlhbk - PSN: hlhbk

NFC

Eagles: TriniTrin - PSN: TheTrinidad
Cowboys: OneHeero - PSN: G35UW
Redskins: Brohenheim - PSN: ajonesy09
Giants: PSN: bigsourd_13

Lions:
Bears: Johnny_Park - PSN: Johnny_Park
Packers:
Vikings: PSN: Jmpope89

Saints: PSN: OkayEvan
Buccaneers:
Panthers:
Falcons: PSN: Boriqueno33

Rams: The-JUV - PSN: JusshA
49ers: PSN: Stepdad718
Seahawks: Mackaveli - PSN: Crussher75
Cardinals: Abrack08 - PSN: abrack08

Bacon

Thanks for setting this up, i'm definitely interested.

East Coast
PSN: baconbm
Team Preference: NY Jets

No probs guys. I will add a team list later with the teams you've selected. At this rate it's first come first serve. I'm a HUGE Niners fan but to be fair I will leave them open. I am hopping back and forth as to either take the Jaguars or the Cardinals

blacksnakeball

Neo Member
I am on the ps4 waiting list but would love to join this if we get it running

I am on East Coast
PSN: Blacksnakeball
Prefer Seahawks if avail

hlhbk

No probs guys. I will add a team list later with the teams you've selected. At this rate it's first come first serve. I'm a HUGE Niners fan but to be fair I will leave them open. I am hopping back and forth as to either take the Jaguars or the Cardinals

All I know is during an offline season that I kicked the crap out of the Jags and the Cardinals tore me up!

ShaneB

I guess I am in a odd situation. I do plan on buying a PS4 in the near near future (likely next weekend), so I would love a spot if possible by then if that would be ok.

Team Preference: Chiefs

abrack08

I'm interested

PSN: abrack08
Preferred team: Cowboys Cardinals (but I'll take the 'Boys if oneHeero ends up backing out before the league starts)

abrack08

Awww, Cowboys are gone before I could get here. Can we do a face off haha

Nah, it's ok. While I'm a huge Cowboys fan, you got the avatar, and I don't mind branching out. I rarely play teams besides the Cowboys, it'll be a nice change of pace. I'll take the Cardinals

EDIT: Do we know when the first roster update is supposed to happen?

ShaneB

Whoops, suppose I should actually add my PSN name, just made a new one instead of dusting off the ones I had before and settled on a new name. ShaneB-82

Like I said, I'll be picking up a ps4 next weekend most likely.

MBison

I've never done a Madden league before but very interested. Picking up ps4 copy tomorrow.

Can I be pencilled in for the Saints? Thanks!

Bacon

I played a couple of games as my Giants last night and realized they are absolutely awful, so I'd like to change my team to the Jets, at least they have speed.

L-gon

Since the Lions are gone, I'll take the Panthers if available. It'll be fun to run some option nonsense. :)

ahhh i didnt know, f dat, let me get jags. for real. sorry. I dont want them now haha.

You sure? The Skins are still pretty soft on Defense. But their offense is pretty dynamic this Madden. If you do want the Jaguars though I won't stop you I just wanna make sure before I change it.

Ray665

You sure? The Skins are still pretty soft on Defense. But their offense is pretty dynamic this Madden. If you do want the Jaguars though I won't stop you I just wanna make sure before I change it.

Yeah I'll take jags i like to build teams up. Hopefully we play through a couple seasons. If not oh well. Jags r cool. Thanks.

Ray665

Already game planning fellas. Good luck all. Thanks for having me, see you on the gridiron.

Bacon I need a Jet or two on my roster even if its just a backup or two. Lets talk trade. I''m a huge Jet fan.

Bacon

Already game planning fellas. Good luck all. Thanks for having me, see you on the gridiron.

Bacon I need a Jet or two on my roster even if its just a backup or two. Lets talk trade. I''m a huge Jet fan.

I'm in the market for wide receivers, lets talk.

Top Bottom