• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine Tournament Hype Thread - Pushin' Blocks At EVO 1015!

Yeah after watching the archive I can definitely see how knowing the fundamentals is going to take the players to the higher rows in the stages. So many ways to approach a stage too, but I think that Atlus will need to get some more stages to us if this starts blowing up like it did tonight.

September 3rd, 2011!

Fugu

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
well first off, tetris attack is broken at the competitive level due to a plateauing of player skill, furthermore
If the world would let me, I would be a professional Tetris Attack player. What an exciting game.

Castor Krieg said:
First I was like >.> but then I was like O.O

Catherine pro tournament, now I saw everything.

Oh yeah definitely, it was such a rush going from cynical to batshit hype. At the start the chat was poking fun at it, then the viewer count shot up from 200 to 2000 and everybody was hard serious.

PoorFate said:
This is amazing. I might just pick up Catherine because of this.

I had no idea you could play it competitively like this.

As hype as fighting game matches imo.

Nice! Yeah, support is a two way street and I hope that Atlus does their part for this game as well.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amazon just put the Love is Over edition of the game as deal if the week for $70. Even Amazon saw the stream and got hype. This shit isn't a coincidence

Wario64 said:
Amazon just put the Love is Over edition of the game as deal if the week for $70. Even Amazon saw the stream and got hype. This shit isn't a coincidence
This is the only logical explanation.

Wario64 said:

Haha, yeah Wario they saw you pumped for Catherine and they turned on "Bomba Control Code Red"! Man, this is great news, I hope the best for Catherine and Atlus. Inject it in my veins baby.

Noshino

OMG OMG

ITS BACK ON!

GKD2X.jpg

NorCal Install: The First Catherine Versus Tournament = Love is Over!

What an amazing finish: Bond beats Coopa after a 1 to 1 tie on the Ice Stage with fundamental climbing skills.

Bond is the winner.

NorCal Install promises more to come from Catherine - they'll announce on twitter when Love is Over again.

Azure J

So I just read through this entire thread and find a few things completely hilarious right now. Most prominently, I like that Catherine caused more hype on GAF than the Fighter x Shooter thread in its entirety. :lol

Duffyside

Banned
we.are.the.armada said:
And it's back! Catherine blow ups incoming.
Had to go to sleep last night, but woke up and immediately checked this thread... so disappointed it didn't blow up for another 3 pages.

Seriously, GAF, you need to go check those archives. Amazing stuff.

AzureJericho said:
So I just read through this entire thread and find a few things completely hilarious right now. Most prominently, I like that Catherine caused more hype on GAF than the Fighter x Shooter thread in its entirety. :lol

The few minutes of Fighter x Shooter I tried were ass. Midwest did a much better job representing at the Evo qualifier last year.

I'm gonna watch some of this. Catherine is pretty hype, even in single player. I was just playing casually when some friends came over and got really into watching it. Especially the "boss" stages!

AzureJericho said:
Practically every time I tuned into Fighter x Shooter's fighting stream there was no fighting going on.

sleepykyo

AzureJericho said:

I can't actually watch Fighter x Shooter with my Fisher Price internet. 720p is impossible on my connection and anything less causes a sound de-sync.

El Sloth

Banned
_dementia said:
Practically every time I tuned into Fighter x Shooter's fighting stream there was no fighting going on.
Seriously. Mystery game tournaments shouldn't dominate the stream, but be a nice break from time to time.

Top Bottom