• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine Tournament Hype Thread - Pushin' Blocks At EVO 1015!

El Sloth said:

CccKp.gif

Those commentators were godlike. I can't wait to see more Catherine now. I fully expect a PSN/XBLA multiplayer focused Catherine game some time next year. :lol

Wizpig

I don't even...

First of all i thought this was a single-player only game.

And then... and then... what the fuck. is this mode local-only? i have my Ps3 US copy right here to start.

Wizpig said:
I don't even...

And then... and then... what the fuck. is this mode local-only? i have my Ps3 US copy right here to start.
Yeah, local only.

It's it's defense, playing this shit with lag would be unbearable.

Wizpig said:
I don't even...

It is local only

Edit: Beaten, sheeeeeeeeeeit

Tobe

is there an online mode for this, just saw the whole thing and it was godlike. definitely going to be the mystery game in my next local tournament.

edit: ah shit local only. hope atlus get things started on a xbla/psn release

Kuugrr

If somebody had told me earlier yesterday I'd be staying up late that night and sitting through AH3 for the finals of some competitive Catherine play... well, I might have believed it, but still. Shit was seriously godlike.

Game of EVO 2k12 confirmed.

fauxtrot

Banned
The guys of FinestKO asked me to pass along a huge "thank you" to you all for supporting the stream. They are an awesome bunch and appreciate the attention this thread bought to NCI!

classicdms

Neo Member
Just watched this stuff. My favorite part is the commentary where they use fighting game terms for this shit. New technology all over the place.

Alts

I typically am not into watching e-sports, but this is some of the best stuff I've ever watched. I hope Atlus is paying attention.

JWong

Banned
Alts said:
I typically am not into watching e-sports, but this is some of the best stuff I've ever watched. I hope Atlus is paying attention.
Yeah, they need some more levels for competitive play.

I finished Catherine last weekend and yes, it's a godlike game. The amount of work they put into the mechanics and the level design is impressive. Got to take a peak at the archive!

red731

DAT EMOTIONS

James axis is proud. In one frame he just called his family... Wat xD

I've never seen someone so unvilling to kill another person in a competitive fighting game xD

Gold mine

cj_iwakura

JWong said:
Yeah, they need some more levels for competitive play.

There's eight stages, I think that's more than enough for the first game.

You guys better allow Empireo next time! That's where the fun is!

Also, never let those commentators go. Ever.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Wario64 said:
Every time I see this thread bumped up, I think another tournament is going on. lol

Don't worry, with the popularity it had there will probably be quite a few popping up at fighting game tournaments in the future.

cj_iwakura

This might help: any Catherine owners going to tournaments? Bring it with you.

I sure will be. (Red Spark at Daytona FL, 11/5)

Top Bottom