• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cazzie David's (Larry David's daughter) new web series 'EIGHTY-SIXED'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z..

I don't get this sense whatsoever looking at these pictures, well at least not more than I get from regular social media. I don't understand why we should hate rich people lol.

Like I said, my view extends to social media in general an not wealthy people in particular. Regardless of how rich or poor you are I have yet to encounter a single person I know who isn't misrepresenting her/himself which is why I dislike it. Money has nothing to do with it, imo.

What environment? Larrys upbringing that shaped his world outlook from his education, upbringing must be completely different to his daughters come on already.

Or you think just by being in sheer proximity to larry david you're just going to suddenly become funny.

What the heck is this bizzarro shit

Nah I think there's something to it, but I think it depends moreso on how closely they bond to said parent, more osmosis than genetics imo. Friend of mine has a sports announcer for a dad and certainly picked up on a lot of that honed cadence and inflection that go hand in hand with the "radio voice". Granted he's a huge comedy nerd too so that shaped it as well.

Then again we also get examples like Chet Hanks so it's not a sure thing :p

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
What environment? Larrys upbringing that shaped his world outlook from his education, upbringing must be completely different to his daughters come on already.

Or you think just by being in sheer proximity to larry david you're just going to suddenly become funny.

You've had too much whine today.

lenovox1

Sorry that I don't believe in what is basically the caste system

That's great.

But Larry David's daughter writing and producing a fucking web series for YouTube is basically the caste system now?

Yeah, don't answer that. There's no discussion to be had if you're going to take it to that level.

That's great.

But Larry David's daughter writing and producing a fucking web series for YouTube is basically the caste system now?

Yeah, don't answer that. There's no discussion to be had if you're going to take it to that level.

What is the inference you can make if I say to you, oh well you're probably going to be just like your Dad visa ve profession, because it's in your genes?

That doesn't remind you of the concept of a caste system? it does to me.

lenovox1

What is the inference you can make if I say to you, oh well you're probably going to be just like your Dad visa ve profession, because it's in your genes?

That doesn't remind you of the concept of a caste system? it does to me.

The only inference is that people are more likely to have the same job as their loved ones.

Daily Mail link... http://www.*****************/scienc...choices-based-jobs-parents-siblings-have.html

As Facebook has already figured out.

I like it.

"Honestly I can't believe you would just like roll me in a car with a pink mustache on it when I'm this vulnerable."

Edit: the ending of ep 3 got me good.

Again, stop using words when you clearly don't know what they mean

Maybe, but you know what I think it means, so in a sense, its still fine! meaning transferred.

The only inference is that people are more likely to have the same job as their loved ones.

As Facebook has already figured out.

That link is bugged for me,

Hmm maybe, but I think the profession of comic artist is somewhat more pot luck than say, Coming from a mining town where the only job is to go to the mines.

I already cited a load of other comic artists that really didn't have anything close to what their Dad was doing, larry included

Like I said, my view extends to social media in general an not wealthy people in particular. Regardless of how rich or poor you are I have yet to encounter a single person I know who isn't misrepresenting her/himself which is why I dislike it. Money has nothing to do with it, imo.

Oh, I agree with your view, I think social media tends to be needlessly narcissistic, self indulging and a brainless voyeuristic waste of fucking time in the worst ways. We live in the age of information and we should be striving to grow collectively, yet the Facebook age just makes me wish for a reset in humanity.

But I don't understand the distinction between us regular mortals and rich people when it comes to that. It's all bad.

Korey

By being in sheer proximity to Larry David, you might pick up a similar sense of humor and view on life situations that say -- someone who didn't live their whole life with Larry David might not have.

Is that plausible enough for you? Jesus Christ.

By being in sheer proximity to Larry David, you might pick up a similar sense of humor and view on life situations that say -- someone who didn't live their whole life with Larry David might not have.

Is that plausible enough for you? Jesus Christ.

I can't speak to her upbringing as I don't know how hands on Larry was or not.

But that's like someone saying I've watched a bunch of comedy shows my whole life, which now makes me more equipped to be funny.

Yeah sure there will be similar physical similarities, I just don't buy this notion of "oh cos my dad was a comedian it means I'm gonna be hysterical" close proximity or otherwise.

Especially since a lot of comedians I've looked up recently, all come from semi serious parentage in terms of jobs, like almost as if they're rebelling against it.

I welcome some other examples of comedians that have Dads or Mums that are already in the business. I've browsed that master of none guy who I like, Conan o Brien. I'm sure if Facebook ran those stats, about whether big comedians had similar jobs as their parents, I bet the whole majority would be their parents had completely different jobs.

Chumley

Banned
That's great.

Would you be watching this show or even know about it if she wasn't Larry David's daughter?

Would you be watching this show or even know about it if she wasn't Larry David's daughter?

So? Don't belittle the work she did. It's not like she's asking her dad to advertise this for her or use his connections to spread the word. No where in the channel does it even mention Larry David either. You guys are the ones making a significantly bigger deal out of the fact she's Larry David's daughter as if her wanting to do comedy is yet another case of nepotism or some shit

Bronx-Man

Banned
"Can you post this on Insta?"
"No, why don't you just post it?"
"If I post it on mine, it's gonna make me look like I'm desperate and going out to get back at him. If you post it, it makes it look like I'm having fun for me."

I don't like how much I relate to this.

Korey

"Can you post this on Insta?"
"No, why don't you just post it?"
"If I post it on mine, it's gonna make me look like I'm desperate and going out to get back at him. If you post it, it makes it look like I'm having fun for me."

I don't like how much I relate to this.

Yea all the social media mindgames they mention are on point.

Baleoce

Didn't like the first ep, but it grew on me after that. Loved the ice cream scene, especially her apathetic attitude towards the girl as a result of being "one-upped" xD Seems like it's finding its style. The drone ep is great.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
DfgWqvx.png

#relatable

Chumley

Banned
So? Don't belittle the work she did. It's not like she's asking her dad to advertise this for her or use his connections to spread the word. No where in the channel does it even mention Larry David either. You guys are the ones making a significantly bigger deal out of the fact she's Larry David's daughter as if her wanting to do comedy is yet another case of nepotism or some shit

It is a case of nepotism, though. Unless you think this YouTube show would get even 1/10th the views without her Dad being who he is (it wouldn't). I don't know if you realize just how many people out there are doing stuff like this on YouTube and getting no attention whatsoever because they don't know anyone big in the industry and don't have the money to market it.

It is a case of nepotism, though. Unless you think this YouTube show would get even 1/10th the views without her Dad being who he is (it wouldn't). I don't know if you realize just how many people out there are doing stuff like this on YouTube and getting no attention whatsoever because they don't know anyone big in the industry and don't have the money to market it.

That's not what nepotism is. A passive benefit from being related to someone famous isn't nepotism. The famous person has to be actively doing something to help out the other person. Jaden Smith is an example of nepotism, because we know Will Smith literally helped him get roles and even went as far as pushing to have roles written for him for movies (such as in "After Earth"). Thus far there's no indication Larry David has actively helped her with anything, other than her being in a better place, financially, to start off

Chumley

Banned
That's not what nepotism is. A passive benefit from being related to someone famous isn't nepotism. The famous person has to be actively doing something to help out the other person. Jaden Smith is an example of nepotism, because we know Will Smith literally helped him get roles and even went as far as pushing to have roles written for him for movies (such as in "After Earth"). Thus far there's no indication Larry David has actively helped her with anything, other than her being in a better place, financially, to start off

Are you serious right now? Financial help and connections isn't "technically" nepotism? Amazing mental gymnastics there, but you're still wrong.

sans_pants

avec_pénis

yes and no. she can get talented people to work with her, meet the right people, etc because of who her dad is

its not a big deal because this is what hollywood has always been, but it can be annoying if you are trying to break in with no connections

border

Are you serious right now? Financial help and connections isn't "technically" nepotism? Amazing mental gymnastics there, but you're still wrong.

I don't see this as nepotism really. Is Larry David funding the series?

Her name is going to attract people to her, but I don't see how much can be done about that.

OmegaFax

It isn't nepotism but I don't see how the thread would have legs if it were any other YouTuber if it didn't have "Larry David's daughter's ..." in the title.

I saw about a minute or two of it and it was like Krysten Ritter contracted a disease that made her personality sort of like Larry David.

"It isn't nepotism but I don't see how the thread would have legs if it were any other YouTuber if it didn't have "Larry David's daughter's ..." in the title. "

I mean the old HaterBot youtube series got posts and it was made by a literal nobody with stop motion Gundam models.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It isn't nepotism but I don't see how the thread would have legs if it were any other YouTuber if it didn't have "Larry David's daughter's ..." in the title.

I saw about a minute or two of it and it was like Krysten Ritter contracted a disease that made her personality sort of like Larry David.
I mean, we had a thread for Awkward Black Girl when that was a webseries. If she wasn't Larry David's kid, it still probably could get people talking with the right buzz.

Chumley

Banned
"It isn't nepotism but I don't see how the thread would have legs if it were any other YouTuber if it didn't have "Larry David's daughter's ..." in the title. "

I mean the old HaterBot youtube series had more posts in the thread than this and it's made by a literal nobody with stop motion Gundam models.

The point being that if this show was made by a nobody, would it even have gotten a topic on GAF? Doubtful.

If it was good enough on it's own merits the topic title wouldn't have Larry David's Daughter in it.

border

I'm not sure how much attention you really get for being Larry David's kid. Some of your are acting like a 4 page NeoGAF thread is some kind of incredible accomplishment.

Her YouTube channel has 2000 subscribers. The first video has 50K views but subsequent ones only have 15-20K views. The fringe benefits of her pseudo-celebrity status don't really seem all that great.

Korey

You literally have no idea about anything or anyone behind the production of this web series.

Yes, children of celebrities have a built in advantage and more public interest. That goes without saying.

What do you want her to do, stop existing? Apologize for having a famous father?

The point being that if this show was made by a nobody, would it even have gotten a topic on GAF? Doubtful.

If it was good enough on it's own merits the topic title wouldn't have Larry David's Daughter in it.

WOW, SHE HAS A TOPIC ON GAF, along with her 50,000 views and 2,700 subscribers.

PACK IT UP, SHE'S MADE IT GUYS.

@MerriamWebster yo please change the definition of "nepotism" to "has a thread on gaf due to father"

But Teknopathetic literally listed a show made by a nobody which got a topic on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom