• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 - official site launches, development blog

squidyj

Here's to hoping the music is top notch too. Visuals and audio need to go hand in hand as far as quality. It will probably be full of great electronic stuff but I'm hoping for some jazzy Cowboy Bebop'ish stuff like...

The Seatbelts - Road to West

...would def' be during a cinematic portion of the game. Could work amazingly well within' the mood they seem to be trying for.

Jazz, post-jazz, post-rock, electronica, that's what I'd like to see... and then this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbbDEuPD_lE

To be honest I'm a little concerned over the title and some of the style it feels like they're going for. I want dimly lit claustrophobic spaces dank with sweat and smoke, blue-green light both cold and soothing at the same time and a city that's both growing and decaying at the same time. I don't feel that from what little we've seen, basically just badass robots and badass guys with badass implants. I hope the image of 'badassery' going on here is just an artifact of the low level of information we have right now because that's a great way to take a lot of life out of a cyberpunk setting IMO.

Gbraga

ohGqe.gif

HELL YEAH

Velinos

This looks awesome. Coincidentally my friends and I were talking about getting our Shadowrun tabletop campaign going again the other day. Different universe I know, but still related.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. There is another company I love that does awesome games but when it comes time to release the 3rd one in the series it takes them till the heat-death of the universe. Now CD Projekt is following the same approach.

Gah damit Based CD Projekt! Where is mah Witcher 3!

Zabojnik

Mine too. And Project Eternity. And Star Citizen. Whatever gods I have pleased for all this to happen in the last month, thank you. My faith in PC gaming is restored.

moniker

As far as I'm concerned, gaming haven't looked this promising in a long time. This, Project Eternity, Wasteland 2, Age of Decadence etc. Party on.

Totally worth a run through both of them when you have an extended period of free time!

They're definitely on my list to play, but I was completely burnt out on the high fantasy RPG setting after spending 80 hours+ in both Skyrim and Kingdoms of Amalur, and wanted to take a long break so I could appreciate the games better.

If I could control the industry, I'd place a 47 year moratorium a fantasy settings in video games just so we would see more creative settings like this retro vision of the future.

Your newsletter sucks. UNSUBSCRIBE
Lol, I lived through the 80s. Actually lived, not born in the tail end and it blew. I don't hold some romanticized memory of the era. I hate the 80s, the clothes, the style, the greedy power hungry yuppy attitude, or the disposable music. Simply put, fuck the 80s.

Love cyberpunk, and on the other side of the spectrum, steampunk mind you.

Looking good. I have such fond memories of the P&P game, so excited this is happening.

Love cyberpunk, and on the other side of the spectrum, steampunk mind you.

but cyberpunk is a product of the 80's as much as yuppies...

Yes some 80's fashion sucked, corporate attitudes sucked then and now, disposable music existed then, before then, and now, and still generally sucks. Decades, fuck 'em all.

Fuck the 80s. The 80s sucked, the music sucked, the style sucked. Fuck the 80s.

Nah son. Nope. I'm hoping CyberPunk sticks with the 80s version of what the future would look like. I want grainy, cumbersome looking video phone chats, flying hover cars, weird street drugs with 80s futuristic names, etc.

What with this and Star Citizen, 2014-15 is shaping up to be wonderful. Anyone have any good music to share that gives a cyberpunk vibe?

E: doh, just had to scroll up some.

Mine too. And Project Eternity. And Star Citizen. Whatever gods I have pleased for all this to happen in the last month, thank you. My faith in PC gaming is restored.

God bless them for not making fans fund their development.

Can't wait. Going to Barnes, any good cyberpunk books or art books I should look for?

Aside from the standard Gibson and Stephenson, I'd highly recommend John Shirley's A Song Called Youth trilogy. The first book, Eclipse, had a huge impact on me.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
CD Project has already confirmed that they go with clean, more modernized aesthetic. Sorry for crushing expectations.

RPS: So, beyond Cyberpunk proper, are there any other cyberpunk works the team is drawing heavily from in crafting the game world and story?

Iwinski: Well, that’s definitely more of an individual thing, because obviously members of the team have their own experiences. But yeah, William Gibson’s an obvious one, and Blade Runner’s a no-brainer. I actually watched it again on the flight [to E3] just to get a feel for it. Because, you know, sometimes you have [inaccurate] memories. But I was really surprised by how close the movie was to what I had in my head. So that’s truly amazing.

It’s also a bit retro and date, so it’s not exactly like what we want to have in the game. It’s more retro-cyberpunk, and we’re going for more modern cyberpunk. But we won’t be going super far into the future.

Hindle

Banned
I'm wondering what the battle system is gong to be like, the pen and paper idea sounds cool. Do they have the balls to make it turn based I wonder.

WhyMe6

This is going to be amazing. The 80s logo style tells me we're going to have awesome Eurotrash stylings throughout. YES!

Top Bottom