• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 - official site launches, development blog

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
CD Project has already confirmed that they go with clean, more modernized aesthetic. Sorry for crushing expectations.

We already saw a bit of the new Cyberpunk style in the few art pieces shown so far. I'd say they made a fair compromise between old and new.

And BIG thanks to whoever suggested College for the soundtrack. I knew nothing about him (David Grellier) before this thread and now I'm addicted.

Edit: As reviled as it was, I always thought that Billy Idol's Cyberpunk had a few tracks that would fit fantastically in the stereotypical dystopian, dinky back alley bar.

http://youtu.be/nFVho9MalI8
http://youtu.be/lx2fZU5USus

krishian

I am now imagining a future in which we get this, Witcher 3 and the next Souls/Kings Field game, all within one year of eachother. I'm so screwed, there's no way I can handle the wait...

MollyMillions

Neo Member
I am, as you might guess, hugely excited for this. I feel like it's been mentioned somewhere that it will be 3rd person a la Witcher 2, right? The only thing that could kill my enthusiasm would be finding out it's a floating hand first person game.

Fuck the 80s. The 80s sucked, the music sucked, the style sucked. Fuck the 80s.

tony-montana-profile.png

i'm telling you doofuses, you need a steve moore type for this soundtrack. especially if they're going the "clean modernized" style of cyberpunk.

steve moore - saturnalia
steve moore - cepheid (i mean LISTEN to this!)
lovelock - deco delight
hologram - skyrunner

geez, just get solar fields (of mirror's edge fame) to do something, or anyone on the ultimae label. it's all spacey future sounds.

solar fields - sol
aes dana - digitalys

syndicate went too hard and generic on it's music, deus ex was ambient and unintrusive almost to the point of boredom.

Fjordson

i'm telling you doofuses, you need a steve moore type for this soundtrack. especially if they're going the "clean modernized" style of cyberpunk.

steve moore - saturnalia
lovelock - deco delight
hologram - skyrunner

geez, just get solar fields (of mirror's edge fame) to do something, or anyone on the ultimae label. it's all spacey future sounds.

solar fields - sol
aes dana - digitalys

syndicate went too hard and generic on it's music, deus ex was ambient and unintrusive almost to the point of boredom.
Nice choices. I bought that Hologram single when it came out, great track.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

steve moore - saturnalia
lovelock - deco delight
hologram - skyrunner

solar fields - sol
aes dana - digitalys

Nope.

The soundtrack should be done by Soft Cell. Do something a little different from Blade Runner music for once.

epmode

deus ex was ambient and unintrusive almost to the point of boredom.

Agreed. I really miss more pronounced themes in big games. Everything has gone all ambient over the last ~10 years.

I still like Human Revolution's soundtrack but it definitely doesn't compare to the first game.

steve moore - saturnalia
lovelock - deco delight
hologram - skyrunner

solar fields - sol
aes dana - digitalys

This is just PERFECT.

How about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

More "electro-popish" but I think I'll fit.

Do something a little different from Blade Runner music for once.
there has not been a game soundtrack on par with vangelis' score, ever. the first mass effect came close on a couple of passages but overall not even close. until such a thing happens, i see no reason to stop reaching for it.

if anything, the hologram track is the only one that attempts to specifically go for the "vangelis" sound. steve moore's work comes from a similar place, but it's far more rooted in late 70s/early 80s prog rock, horror movie soundtracks and the bumper music for sci-fi television.

if i had to pick a more modern film composer who's already proven themselves in the genre of science-fiction scoring, i'd go with eric serra.

Zaptruder

Banned
I love that this will be out after we get good VR.

So we can have the meta action of been in a 2014 VR world, jacking into an 80s VR world with a 2014 interpretation of a 1980s interpretation of a 2077 VR vizor, with our 2014 VR vizor.

Also, I was watching Black Rain... 1989 movie set in Osaka. 1980s Japan is such pure cyberpunk. Glorious stuff.

Lol, I lived through the 80s. Actually lived, not born in the tail end and it blew. I don't hold some romanticized memory of the era. I hate the 80s, the clothes, the style, the greedy power hungry yuppy attitude, or the disposable music. Simply put, fuck the 80s.

Love cyberpunk, and on the other side of the spectrum, steampunk mind you.

I think your confusing the 80s with the BUSH years

steve moore - saturnalia
lovelock - deco delight
hologram - skyrunner

solar fields - sol
aes dana - digitalys

Awesome tracks, would fit in with what I hope this game turns out to be.

MattDoza

That logo is so damn awesome.

Has anyone used it to make a wallpaper? If so, please share!

EDIT: Never mind, there's totally wallpapers on the official site!

krishian

Hmm, a comment on the PC Gamer news article

WNxWind says:
05:45pm October 19 2012
- While Daft Punk is an amazing band and appreciate that you are all excited for a futuristic game with a group that has done futuristic themed music and a soundtrack to a future based movie; but...
I am composing the music; I hope you enjoyed the teaser theme; I thought the analog synthesizers mixed with modern VST's would suite the game world; expect ambient punchy music with lots of arps, and glitch "bleeps" usually square and sawtooth waves; along with beautiful melodic futuristic symphonies in which use all of the futuristic elements I described along with slight distorted guitar and bass; and LOTS of Mellotron strings and Mellotron Choir to wash away quietly in the back round.
I am just glad they did not wan't to go the Dub-Step route due to popularity; we even clarified NO WOBBLE BASS as a major part of the game; we want it to Stand the TEST of TIME not buy into any fads.
Although I believe I can reveal that I am working on 4 of the songs together with some brilliant minds... I believe the only one I can say is.. well I'll just give the hints "Royk" and "Melody AM". also, I'd like to add that MAYBE a member of "D P A U F N T K" will contribute on one of these songs.

Fjordson

Nice. It was only a small tidbit, but I really liked the teaser music. Has the right vibe to it I think.

Also, if anyone else is as addicted to 80's style synth music as I am and you need something new to listen to, just hit up bandcamp. There's some throwaway stuff on there, but there's also a surprising amount of really good stuff on there as well. Listening to this one at the moment.

Perkel

Banned
Man i love this music in teaser.

WNxWind says:
05:45pm October 19 2012
- While Daft Punk is an amazing band and appreciate that you are all excited for a futuristic game with a group that has done futuristic themed music and a soundtrack to a future based movie; but...
I am composing the music; I hope you enjoyed the teaser theme; I thought the analog synthesizers mixed with modern VST's would suite the game world; expect ambient punchy music with lots of arps, and glitch "bleeps" usually square and sawtooth waves; along with beautiful melodic futuristic symphonies in which use all of the futuristic elements I described along with slight distorted guitar and bass; and LOTS of Mellotron strings and Mellotron Choir to wash away quietly in the back round.
I am just glad they did not wan't to go the Dub-Step route due to popularity; we even clarified NO WOBBLE BASS as a major part of the game; we want it to Stand the TEST of TIME not buy into any fads.
Although I believe I can reveal that I am working on 4 of the songs together with some brilliant minds... I believe the only one I can say is.. well I'll just give the hints "Royk" and "Melody AM". also, I'd like to add that MAYBE a member of "D P A U F N T K" will contribute on one of these songs.

wow didn't expect composer to post in comments. But damn that music even this short clip is amazing.

wazoo

I am not sure there has has been much PC-only games giving their chances to the cyberpunk concept for a long time.

I mean deus ex and system shock 2 were in the 90s. Of course Blade Runner was a great point and click. So was Beneath a steel sky.

Even on the console side, Snatcher and Policenauts are missing.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Ooh, Beneath a Steel Sky - is getting a remake, right? Now, if Kojima/Konami somehow would get interested in Snatcher - but alas, probably never going to happen. Same with Illusion City, another great cyberpunk game from the same era.

Perkel

Banned
WNxWind says:
05:49pm October 19 2012
As a note for PC Gamer to add; The Games sound-track is also going to be a retail album under either my name or my main project/band's name (still undecided) followed by the album title "Cyberpunk 2077" ideas are thrown around to add a sticker on the plastic "In Technicolor" for those with Synesthesia, something I have - finding I rather amusing that way.

Damn, looks like he will colaborate with other people.

Perkel

Banned
WNxWind says:
05:49pm October 19 2012
As a note for PC Gamer to add; The Games sound-track is also going to be a retail album under either my name or my main project/band's name (still undecided) followed by the album title "Cyberpunk 2077" ideas are thrown around to add a sticker on the plastic "In Technicolor" for those with Synesthesia, something I have - finding I rather amusing that way.

Damn, looks like he will colaborate with other people.

Also didn't realize it earlier:

I'd like to add that MAYBE a member of "D P A U F N T K" will contribute on one of these songs.

MAYBE a member of "D P A U F N T K"

"D P A U F N T K"

DAFT PUNK , it would be fucking amazing.

tumblr_m5lye6kTj11rrn4vv.gif

Fjordson

That soundtrack is going to be boss.

Man, I'm so anxious for some footage or even just some screens. Did they mention during the conference how far off this is? I have a feeling it's at least a year or two =[

Kyaw

Hype is at 11.

Having Daft Punk on board the soundtrack would be AMAZING.

I really hope they release a trailer or some kind of footage soon enough.

Top Bottom