• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFA response to anti-gay alleg. "Guilty as charged." Do NOT gloat about eating at CFA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking disgusting. Will shit on their chicken next time.

Does that make it taste better Dr Eggman?

But seriously is there an alternative ? McDonalds Southern Style Chicken sandwich is sub par, and morally better ?

8mqlh.jpg

Seanspeed

Banned
There are worse things people can do than eating at Chick Fil A. Just because someone eats there doesn't mean they're a hate monger. Like I said, if someone eats there, I'm not going to think less of them or start criticizing them.
I wouldn't think less of somebody else, either. But personally, I'm going to refuse to give them my business for my own personal conscience. I'm sure I give a lot of money to other business who do similar things, but it makes it easy when a company just comes out and says it. Shows me that they really, really feel strongly about it, so fuck them.

njean777

You know if I boycotted everything I don't like I wouldn't have any gaming consoles or a pc, nor would I have any cell phones or mostly anything. While I do not agree with Chickfila on this matter, I wont stop eating there because of it. Most of you already support companies that partake in questionable business practices, being a white knight in this instance, will not erase that.

Kapura

Banned
Well, if lots think it, that makes them right, then.

what the hell are you even saying. More americans support same-sex marriage than oppose it. My point is that chick-fil-a are not unique in their belief, and it is not worth spending any effort trying to thwart them.

EulaCapra

At least they're blunt. Will probably never go to Chick-Fil-A because I swear every time I've gone there the customers and the staff are all WASP-y, and I think they succeeded in making the chain into a church banquet. Oh, and their chicken is just okay. Totally doesn't warrant a visit without coupons.

I'll miss their sauces though. Good sauce.

jaxword

what the hell are you even saying. More americans support same-sex marriage than oppose it. My point is that chick-fil-a are not unique in their belief, and it is not worth spending any effort trying to thwart them.

Simply not going there doesn't seem like much effort. In fact it's sort of the opposite of effort.

Most disappointing fast food place since Five Guys.

It's not even that good, the only thing going for them is the variety of sauces for dipping.

It's a good thing the nearest one to me is like 15 miles away where I hardly ever go, so I've eaten there like a total of 3 times. Was thinking of getting some soon, but now, I don't know about that.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Why don't you go get some?

Working.

But I have a drive to Chicago after work, so I will likely be eating a chicken sandwich + waffle fries in a few shorts hours.

Sorry to those who now/already did hate the chain for their decisions. You're missing out on same bangin food.

TommyT

At least they're blunt. Will probably never go to Chick-Fil-A because I swear every time I've gone there the customers and the staff are all WASP-y, and I think they succeeded in making the chain into a church banquet. Oh, and their chicken is just okay. Totally doesn't warrant a visit without coupons.

I'll miss their sauces though. Good sauce.

:lol oh wow

Kapura

Banned
Simply not going there doesn't seem like much effort. In fact it's sort of the opposite of effort.

you do not seem to understand the subtle differences between avoidance and incidentally not going to a place. If I've a hankerin' for a chicken sandwich and chick-fil-a is next door, it's MORE EFFORT to avoid chick-fil-a than to eat at it. Do you understand?

Working.

But I have a drive to Chicago after work, so I will likely be eating a chicken sandwich + waffle fries in a few shorts hours.

Sorry to those who now/already did hate the chain for their decisions. You're missing out on same bangin food.

Gays are missing out on marriages, so my conscious is clear.

Also, lol @ some of the responses in this thread. It's like people are trying to guilt folks back IN to CFA.

I used to love Chick-Fil-A, but stopped eating it once all this anti-gay stuff came out. I have gay friends who were heartbroken over this. At least CFA were trying to be SOMEWHAT diplomatic about this, but then Dan Cathy comes out and says basically, "Fuck it and fuck gay marriage." There's no way I could look myself in the mirror and continue to support a company that promotes bigotry.

I wouldn't think less of somebody else, either. But personally, I'm going to refuse to give them my business for my own personal conscience. I'm sure I give a lot of money to other business who do similar things, but it makes it easy when a company just comes out and says it. Shows me that they really, really feel strongly about it, so fuck them.
More power to you. I've never eaten there, but if another one of those free offers comes up then I might give them a try. There are other fast-food places that I prefer around where I live that I prefer over spending money at CFA anyways.
being a white knight in this instance, will not erase that.

I don't think that means what you think it means.

Smellycat

This thread is convincing me to go grab some delicious Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.

Did you guys know that their awesome Peach milkshakes are back??

79492-chikfila_shake.jpg

jaxword

you do not seem to understand the subtle differences between avoidance and incidentally not going to a place. If I've a hankerin' for a chicken sandwich and chick-fil-a is next door, it's MORE EFFORT to avoid chick-fil-a than to eat at it. Do you understand?

I agree, a hankerin' for chicken is simply too powerful to resist and overrides all other judgment.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This thread is convincing me to go grab some delicious Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.

Did you guys know that their awesome Peach milkshakes are back??

79492-chikfila_shake.jpg

Oh, I haven't had this one. I DID get to try their banana milkshakes a few months back - THOSE were killer.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Whoa. The ones around me are ~90% staffed by minorities, including the managers in my experience.

The ones around here are staffed with high school kids and old people and are always filled with soccer moms letting their spawn run around in unsupervised mayhem. The little darlings.

What are some fucked up companies?

Companies that use child labor, own tobacco companies, pollute the environment, etc?

Well, for one, Apple and their slave factories.

See also: Urban Outfitters & Anthropologie

Pretty much...I don't like that they are openly anti gay and support the anti gay cause but I don't expect anyone to boycot as much as I don't expect people to boycot products that are made by slave laborers.

ghostmind

Good food. Don't care.

I appreciate their honesty and upfront-ness about it. Wish more companies (and people ffs) would do the same.

Kapura

Banned
I agree, a hankerin' for chicken is simply too powerful to resist and overrides all other judgment.

The choice is not "buy a sandwich and spit on a faggot" or "go somewhere else and personally legalise gay marriage in your state." It's not so cut and dried; not so black and white.

meijiko

Yeah okay, they've got an anti-gay marriage stance. I don't agree with that, nor do a lot of people.

But you know what I actually observed growing up? Them donating a shit ton of money and food to our local charities and schools. All the time.

So I don't feel bad eating their food for whatever religious stance they take. No, their charitable work does not negate their wrongness, but it strikes more of a balance than most companies. And I feel like my money is going to support their employees and my local organizations more so than some anti-gay agenda. Not that I really think about it that much, because I'm just paying for a goddamn sandwich and not some anti-gay pamphlets to spread around.

jaxword

The choice is not "buy a sandwich and spit on a faggot" or "go somewhere else and personally legalise gay marriage in your state." It's not so cut and dried; not so black and white.

Pretty much is. You don't NEED a chicken sandwich.

I want a chicken sandwich, but the only place around is this place, which isn't run by very good people. Do I go?

1. Can't resist urge to get chicken sandwich because I am a zombie for fast food that overrides all other considerations.
2. Don't get a chicken sandwich that day.

This is as about as cut and dry an issue as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom