• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Ruruja

The Yakuza 0 £9.98 deal is back at amazon.co.uk.

First time I've spotted it, shame I bought it a month ago.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's gone.

wol93

Banned
If the past few years is anything to go by, there'll be a Halloween mini-sale (mostly horror games), an Autumn mini-sale (random stuff), and then the Christmas sale. Halloween falling on a Tuesday this year, I expect it to either replace the midweek sale, or both the midweek and the weeklong. Autumn mini-sale is usually around Thanksgiving, so last week of November(ish). Christmas sale probably starts on the 22nd of December, but that's just a best guess.

Thank you :)

At this point, I think it's just an alternative GAF Gold joke. "Oh, gee, you guys didn't get Yakuza for a tenner? That's a shame."

It was real though :p

v5sRi3d.png

This Yakuza 0 thing might dive me crazy. I was planning to buy it anyway and would have been willing to pay the current price for it but now that I know it's been a tenner...I'll never be able to pay more for it.

This Yakuza 0 thing might dive me crazy. I was planning to buy it anyway and would have been willing to pay the current price for it but now that I know it's been a tenner...I'll never be able to pay more for it.

If nobody gets their £10 copies, it won't have been a tenner, if that's any consolation. ;-)

The Antelope

Neo Member
Hey fellow Europeans! Can you help me out with something? Today I pre-ordered both Mario Odyssey (43,47£) and Metro Exodus (36,74£) from GameSeek but was charged only 38,73£. Will they charge me more once the games come out? There was no indication of that anywhere during the order process. I'm really confused...

Powwa

I have the same issue. I know the game is worth it for the current price but my mind will not let me buy it.

Has anyone come across Switch AC adapters other than the Nintendo ones? They are... quite pricey at £25, wondering if anyone has other solutions?

illusionary

Hey fellow Europeans! Can you help me out with something? Today I pre-ordered both Mario Odyssey (43,47£) and Metro Exodus (36,74£) from GameSeek but was charged only 38,73£. Will they charge me more once the games come out? There was no indication of that anywhere during the order process. I'm really confused...

That seems very odd. GameSeek take payment when you order, so I wouldn't expect there to be any further charge, but I can't explain how you've ended up being charged that amount. Are you seeing that on your credit card or in PayPal? If the former and only just ordered, I wonder whether it's just being incorrectly reported for now and will update in a day or two. Does your order confirmation and/or order details in "my account" show the orders and price as you were expecting?

You might just have ended up benefiting from some sort of glitch in their payment system!

The Antelope

Neo Member
That seems very odd. GameSeek take payment when you order, so I wouldn't expect there to be any further charge, but I can't explain how you've ended up being charged that amount. Are you seeing that on your credit card or in PayPal? If the former and only just ordered, I wonder whether it's just being incorrectly reported for now and will update in a day or two. Does your order confirmation and/or order details in "my account" show the orders and price as you were expecting?

You might just have ended up benefiting from some sort of glitch in their payment system!

My PayPal was billed those 38,73£, and thats the same value that always appeared to me during checkout. Only went through with it because of this price, I mean, it's less than half of what it is supposed to be! Hope it is indeed a glitch, but I kind of feel bad for them, if true... Someone should try to se if they could also get this price.

Has anyone come across Switch AC adapters other than the Nintendo ones? They are... quite pricey at £25, wondering if anyone has other solutions?
I use an iPad charger + the USB C cable that came with the Pro controller.

It doesn’t charge the battery while in use (just stays at same %), but when in sleep it charges.

If nobody gets their £10 copies, it won't have been a tenner, if that's any consolation. ;-)

Mine says dispatched, arrived on Monday, let's hope it's true =D

I use an iPad charger + the USB C cable that came with the Pro controller.

It doesn't charge the battery while in use (just stays at same %), but when in sleep it charges.

I think the Switch does that by design, mine does that with the original charger, and any other charger that I tried, with some it even decreases very very little.

Zafir

You need to be careful with USB C cables and chargers, some of them are bad for your battery/device.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-usb-c-chargers-whats-safe-whats-dangerous/

Yeah. Funnily enough, I'm sure I read even the Switch charger doesn't fully follow the USB-C specs. xD

USB-C really is such a mess in that sense.

For what it's worth anyway, I looked into USB-C PD chargers a while back, and decided that there wasn't anything cheaper that was also of good quality. The technology just seems to make them kind of expensive at the moment. I ended up leaving it, and I just use the one charger along with my USB-C PD power bank.
Mine says dispatched, arrived on Monday, let's hope it's true =D

I think the Switch does that by design, mine does that with the original charger, and any other charger that I tried, with some it even decreases very very little.

There's a bug with charging on the Switch, where you need to start the charging in sleep mode, and once the charging has started, you can go back to playing your game fine and it'll charge at the faster speed.

I've noticed it when using my power bank.

Just had a price alert on Nier Automata dropping to £11.99 on Amazon. Looks like its already sold out at the price but if anyones interested in the game it might be worth keeping an eye on the site today.

Mr. Sam

Just had a price alert on Nier Automata dropping to £11.99 on Amazon. Looks like its already sold out at the price but if anyones interested in the game it might be worth keeping an eye on the site today.

Great, another Amazon page to refresh constantly, only to miss the microsecond that the price actually drops.

Yes please, hope I can catch this one. Could've snatched up Yakuza 0 @ 10£ but I already have it. Was it actually an Amazon offer or another seller?

Wiggy

Shadow of war £34.85 at simply games, not sure if old news

Also anyone know the best/cheapest way to buy steam gift cards? (UK)

illusionary

Shadow of war £34.85 at simply games, not sure if old news

Also anyone know the best/cheapest way to buy steam gift cards? (UK)
Yeah, that's as good a price as you'll find anywhere, give or take a few pence - and they've been dispatching today. Personally, though, while Gameseek really haven't been good at release day delivery for me recently, as I was fortunate enough to get a £25 order from them for Shadow of War I'll stick with that... hopefully it'll arrive for Wednesday or Thursday.

As for Steam credit, It's not a huge discount, but cdkeys.com is probably your best bet, with £46.99 for £50 (and potential further £2.35 discount with their Facebook promotion), if you're happy to buy that much credit: https://www.cdkeys.com/top-up-cards/steam

Top Bottom