• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chester Bennington is fronting Stone Temple Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkatomz

Well... Linkin Park is far and away my all time favorite band, but if Chester's going to be the frontman for STP, then he's going to steer the music that STP is known for in a completely different direction. Don't get me wrong, I love the new Out Of Time song, but it's a radical departure from stuff like Plush or Dead And Bloated. Anyways, from recent interviews, it sounds like the new STP will be releasing songs/singles on a song by song basis as opposed to a record.

Someone on the first page said that STP is Chester's favorite band of all time, which is correct. He's even performed with them in 2001 on the Family Values Tour.
Wonderful

valeo

How bizarre. How bizarre.

images

I used to love these guys (still do), I had no idea the 2010 self titled album even exists?! how was it?

Gonna grab it anyway but curious to know how it stands up to long time fans.

As for this new guy, never liked linkin park but I'm not really offended by the idea as I thought they were long dead anyway.

The 2010 album.... it's kind of like how I feel about the new Arrested Development so far. Enjoyable, glad it exists, hope there'll be more, but a far cry from the earlier work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom