• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide

Listening to Waiting for the End and I can't help but tear up.

It's such a beautiful song with an amazing vocal performance, but it just seems like a cry for help now.

LycanXIII

Has anyone who purchased tickets through Ticketmaster received their refund yet? I got the email 6 days ago, and it said I would be refunded within 7 days, nothing yet.

Edit: Found the return on my CC

Mike is tweeting:

https://twitter.com/mikeshinoda/status/890811295431237632

https://twitter.com/mikeshinoda/status/890811777725771776

https://twitter.com/mikeshinoda/status/890812493500633088

https://twitter.com/mikeshinoda/status/890813066618691584

pDiXnfs.png

x3SIFB5.png
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be attending the memorial in Vancouver BC tonight.

Also, check out this lovely performance of the Messenger. It might make you sad, but
it'll also make you smile.

I have listened to Linkin Park more in the last eight days than in the last eight years before.

As long as Chester's voice comes out of my speakers he ain't gone dammit. :(

telasoman

Has anyone who purchased tickets through Ticketmaster received their refund yet? I got the email 6 days ago, and it said I would be refunded within 7 days, nothing yet.

I received mine a couple days ago. I bought tickets for me and my 4 brothers since we have always used LP shows as a bonding experience. The money just feels dirty.

Think i'll give it to a suicide prevention group.

Fuck i'm gonna cry again...

Strakt

Talinda Bennington, wife of Chester Bennington released a statement today to the public on the loss of her incredible husband through the band's publicist. You can read the statement below:

One week ago, I lost my soulmate and my children lost their hero-their
Daddy. We had a fairytale life and now it has turned into some sick
Shakespearean tragedy. How do I move on? How do I pick up my shattered
soul? The only answer I know is to raise our babies with every ounce of
love I have left. I want to let my community and the fans worldwide know
that we feel your love. We feel your loss as well. My babies are so young
to have lost their daddy. And I know that all of you will help keep his
memory alive. He was a bright, loving soul with an angel's voice. And now
he is pain free singing his songs in all of our hearts. May God Bless us
all and help us turn to one another when we are in pain. Chester would've
wanted us to do so. Rest In Peace, my love.

Always,

Mrs.Talinda Bennington

Mario007

Talinda Bennington, wife of Chester Bennington released a statement today to the public on the loss of her incredible husband through the band's publicist. You can read the statement below:

One week ago, I lost my soulmate and my children lost their hero-their
Daddy. We had a fairytale life and now it has turned into some sick
Shakespearean tragedy. How do I move on? How do I pick up my shattered
soul? The only answer I know is to raise our babies with every ounce of
love I have left. I want to let my community and the fans worldwide know
that we feel your love. We feel your loss as well. My babies are so young
to have lost their daddy. And I know that all of you will help keep his
memory alive. He was a bright, loving soul with an angel's voice. And now
he is pain free singing his songs in all of our hearts. May God Bless us
all and help us turn to one another when we are in pain. Chester would've
wanted us to do so. Rest In Peace, my love.

Always,

Mrs.Talinda Bennington
That is actually a really nicr statement and ot seems that one week since the tragedy happened she is ready to start picking things up for her children's and her own sake. Its very good to hear actually.

kaskade

Man, it really hurts listening to the songs now. Obviously many of them were dark but it's almost like they took on a new meaning now. It almost feels like one big suicide note :(.

Z..

Man, it really hurts listening to the songs now. Obviously many of them were dark but it's almost like they took on a new meaning now. It almost feels like one big suicide note :(.

Only now does it feel like that for you? He's been singing about this kind of stuff pretty much exclusively and explicitly since their very first album.

They used to be my favorite band way back in the day but quite frankly can't really say I feel anything at all about any of this. Obviously a damn shame.

Haruko

Go listen to the LPU vol 8 album if you want a goofy change of pace.

<3 Bubbles

Beautiful tribute. I wonder when/if the shows in Japan will be cancelled. According to LPLive, I don't think they've been officially cancelled yet.

The promoter, HIP is still undecided. I'm personally hoping for a miracle and that OOR's Taka will step up and sing for Chester. They both have a very similar vocal range and Taka is a BIG Linkin Park fan, he knows the songs, and has always wanted to perform with them on stage. It would be a beautiful event full of many manly, bro tears.

Here are some photos I took of the memorial in Vancouver last night. I stayed for 4 hours, and there was a good number of people there with people coming and going throughout the night. I'm so glad I went, being among others that loved Chester and Linkin Park was an absolutely wonderful experience. We sang together, we laughed together, we cried together, and a few brave individuals said some words and shared their stories. It was so wonderfully cathartic. I woke up this morning feeling like this immense weight had been lifted, and I feel like I'm ready to start loving life again.

Remember, you can look for a local memorial here: http://tiny.cc/lpmemorial
If your city doesn't have one, why not consider organizing one?

I wish there was a memorial thing for Chester in dallas&#128542;&#128542;&#128542;
You can make it happen though! I say go for it. :)

LycanXIII

wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BYMKCuuxDY

church playing Linkin Park as a tribute

That's amazing, but I do wonder how the average citizen reacted to it going for so long haha.

Edit: I found an article about it. https://www.duic.nl/algemeen/dom-carrillon-eert-overleden-linkin-park-bandlid-chester-bannington/

There's a quote from the guy that set it up:

”Chester was mijn held, zo zou je het kunnen zien. Hij was degene die zong dat het oké was om je kut te voelen", legt Jonathan het evenement uit. ”Veel anderen denken daar net zo over."

And I'm not sure if Google Chrome translated it correctly:

"Chester was my hero, so you could see it. He was the one who sang that it was ok to feel your cunt, "Jonathan explains the event. "Many others think about that as well."

Crispy

And I'm not sure if Google Chrome translated it correctly:

Euh...almost :p This is my more accurate translation:

"You could say Chester was my hero. He sang about how it's ok to feel bad", Jonathan explains. "A lot of people feel the same way about it."

There's a memorial there today, maybe they'll play another song or two. Great way to show tribute.

Moostachio

Neo Member
Another fan checking in, I like seeing the updates and love pouring in from different people. Been listening to them regularly since the tragedy and still really bummed out. The last time I saw them was with my sister in Manchester which was really amazing a couple years ago.

daTRUballin

Listened to a few Linkin Park songs for the first time since Chester's death today and it made me a little depressed. Still can't believe he's gone. It just doesn't feel right. :(

LycanXIII

XRj7YQS.png

Rene told me you and him were gonna try and come to panorama to surprise me. Chester, you were supposed to be here today. This set is for you . This and every show for the rest of my career. Remember when I asked you before our tv performance when this would get easier , if it will ever get easier. You told me yes when u quit giving a fuck , when u go out there on stage without a care in the world. I think I now realize how to implement that. You taught me so much and made me feel like family instantly. When we performed heavy together u were my shield. You held everything down and helped me overcome one of my fears. Even tho I never anticipated you being in the sky singing heavy with me, I know you'll still be my shield with an even better view this time. I'll never understand why ur gone and I don't think I'll ever be able to accept it. You made my dreams come true. Remember when u told me i could join the band &#128517;&#128514;. 5 year old me would never believe me if I went back in time and said in 16 years ur gonna be singing w legends. You and the entire Linkin Park family took me under ur wing and helped me so much not just w music and performing, but helped show me the importance of family and friendship. That it's possible to have that within the team and people u choose to have around u. You showed me how to make this path fun and that what I'm looking for and working towards is possible. You all put me on this platform and showed me endless amounts of respect. I will do my best to honor your greatness. ur rare. I love u Chester. &#128156;
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXKYeB5gQun/?taken-by=kiiara

:(

ZeoVGM

Banned
The band should sell a shirt with the 5-side LP logo on it, with the proceeds going to suicide prevention groups. I would buy that in an instant.

Dominator

I've been listening to LP every day since this happened...

It makes me sad but also happy because I love these songs so much. A Thousand Suns is so damn good too, definitely their third best album. And I don't say third best lightly, Meteora and Hybrid Theory are in my top 10 of all-time and ATS might be able to get in there too.

Ashhong

I honestly don't know how I feel about the five sided logo. Obviously I understand the sentiment but I don't know, just feels weird to me. I don't want him to be gone :(

malfcn

Just got home from Halestorm. During the set their drummer sang songs songs that included a Cornell and Chester song.

Top Bottom