• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ChileGAF |OT| CTM weon que pulento el thread!

I'm still living here in Antofagasta, where is expected a huge earthquake higher than 8 Richter.

That day it will be "fun" for sure -_-

FuuRe

Looks like the weather decided to fuck everyone in a two week span, man! mornings and nights are really cold now

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I'm still living here in Antofagasta, where is expected a huge earthquake higher than 8 Richter.

That day it will be "fun" for sure -_-
That's because there are very big parts of the subduction zone (in the sea) that have not ruptured in 150 years (they will inevitably rupture one day), and the cumulative energy stored is approximately the same as an M9 earthquake. Fun day for us structural engineers that will be...

The movement of the tectonic plates there is much slower there than in the south, so there is the same chance that it will occur now than in 100 years.

That doesn't mean that there will be an earthquake that big, the energy can be released by several M8 earthquakes; the problem is when one zone breaks, the movement itself can be the trigger for the other zones to break; that's why we expect one huge earthquake there.

Robaperas

I've bought from Peta/PCOfertas, Infor-ingen, ttchile and sadly pcfactory, no issues with any of them, but try solotodo as Adnor said, is the best way to compare prices. Good luck!

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I spent 6 weeks stuck in the desert in Chile back in 2000. The USS La Maoure County ran aground and we had babysitting duty. Nice!

So uh guys... Cheer up already, The finals felt like the 2007 Sub20 semis against Argentina. We just faced a more experienced national team, that knows how to handle hard finals.

Chile needs a 9 or a 11. Just imagine this team with Salas. I think Chile would sweep everything.

In other news, Claudio Palma and Schiapacasse will be the Chilean voices in PES2018 :O

ElFly

where are the flaites when you need them to burn a bus?

So uh guys... Cheer up already, The finals felt like the 2007 Sub20 semis against Argentina. We just faced a more experienced national team, that knows how to handle hard finals.

Chile needs a 9 or a 11. Just imagine this team with Salas. I think Chile would sweep everything.

In other news, Claudio Palma and Schiapacasse will be the Chilean voices in PES2018 :O

maybe Chile needs some younger guys in their team

I miss Chile :(

In Canada visiting family and yesterday I had a hot dog at a friends house and got super depressed thinking of Bellavista at 4am and eating a completo slathered with a disgusting amount of mayo, avocado, and tomato. Or sopaipillas from the old lady who is always there on the corner of the bridge over the mapocho feeding the drunk imbeciles until the sun rises. She has some wicked good salsas. Santiaguiños know what I'm talking about.

Glad I missed the snow fall though. I have seen enough snow in my life being from Canada. It is huge reason why the fuck I moved to Chile in the first place.

In Canada visiting family and yesterday I had a hot dog at a friends house and got super depressed thinking of Bellavista at 4am and eating a completo slathered with a disgusting amount of mayo, avocado, and tomato. Or sopaipillas from the old lady who is always there on the corner of the bridge over the mapocho feeding the drunk imbeciles until the sun rises. She has some wicked good salsas. Santiaguiños know what I'm talking about.

Glad I missed the snow fall though. I have seen enough snow in my life being from Canada. It is huge reason why the fuck I moved to Chile in the first place.

So... you are one of us? :D

It finally happened, criesofthepast is one of us!!!

Snow was cool for a middle-lower class santiaguino that never goes to the Cordillera. Weird that we now have 22° just a week after

One of us, one of us!

Samus Edition New Nintendo #3DS XL hardware arrives 9/15 at select retailers, just in time for #Metroid: Samus Returns!

DGtKoaVXcAAVxcl.jpg

DGtKowdXsAA3oMS.jpg

DGtKpOFXkAU39Lt.jpg

Just wanted to point that this console is not inspired by Metroid. It is inspired by our classic Fruna's YIRO

14374315_1750954128492916_3479631479284170752_n.jpg

Goli

It´s kind of amusing how sparse the replies are in this thread, but for some reason I started thinking about this little community.

Anyway, out-of-Santiago GAF, what places do you recommend that are readily accesible and bbb?

Ever since I started working where I amI´ve had the opportunity to travel around the country in correlatively long periods of time, and after living for 5 weeks each in the Cachapoal province, Frutillar and last month in Arauco, I´ve rediscovered and revalued the country.

After my 5 week stay in Arauco I went for a week to Temuco, which is where I´m also at right now for the weekend.

Recommendations?

It´s kind of amusing how sparse the replies are in this thread, but for some reason I started thinking about this little community.

Anyway, out-of-Santiago GAF, what places do you recommend that are readily accesible and bbb?

Ever since I started working where I amI´ve had the opportunity to travel around the country in correlatively long periods of time, and after living for 5 weeks each in the Cachapoal province, Frutillar and last month in Arauco, I´ve rediscovered and revalued the country.

After my 5 week stay in Arauco I went for a week to Temuco, which is where I´m also at right now for the weekend.

Recommendations?

Typical recommendations are valdivia, puerto varas, chiloe and punta arenas. All nice but not cheap.

Puta la wea. Wtf happened. I didn't watch the game but 0-3 against fucking Paraguay? Que chucha...

Going back to Chile soon but will miss dieciocho. 😔😔😔

Bringing back a shit load of Canadian Whisky though. Anyone in Santiago want anything that is cheap here in gringolandia that is more expensive in Chile?

ElFly

the match looked p hard from the beginning

at least chile scored once

I want a Switch! cannot guarantee payment tho :D

Yeah, It looks that everyone know how to play Chile now

Puta la wea. Wtf happened. I didn't watch the game but 0-3 against fucking Paraguay? Que chucha...

Going back to Chile soon but will miss dieciocho. 😔😔😔

Bringing back a shit load of Canadian Whisky though. Anyone in Santiago want anything that is cheap here in gringolandia that is more expensive in Chile?

Damn, I would say a New 3DS or a Switch, but that's either all of my sueldo or at least half of it. God damn it.

Yeah, It looks that everyone know how to play Chile now

Damn, I would say a New 3DS or a Switch, but that's either all of my sueldo or at least half of it. God damn it.
Yeah. I am confident we are still going to qualify but wow...Chile never make anything easy.

I have been thinking of making a bit of extra money and what to bring back to Chile that has a big demand. Nothing to price gouge people or anything. Can't think of one thing that is easy to transport in my luggage.

Nintendo switch is like 330.000CLP, no? It is about 230.000CLP ($460 CDN) in Canada all taxes in. Wouldn't be a bad idea. I could sell it for 280.000 to 300.000 CLP and both sides would be winning on that.

Yeah. I am confident we are still going to qualify but wow...Chile never make anything easy.

I have been thinking of making a bit of extra money and what to bring back to Chile that has a big demand. Nothing to price gouge people or anything. Can't think of one thing that is easy to transport in my luggage.

Nintendo switch is like 330.000CLP, no? It is about 230.000CLP ($460 CDN) in Canada all taxes in. Wouldn't be a bad idea. I could sell it for 280.000 to 300.000 CLP and both sides would be winning on that.

It's around 280 by itself now. Search for the Discover Chile group on facebook, people might want stuff from there.

Personally I'd like some used games from gamefly.

If you are willing to, I'd love some boardgames from canada, they are a bit bulkier though. So not sure if they are optimal for you.
Which ones you interested in so I can keep an eye out? I won't be back to Santiago until December now probably. Or send me a PM if you like with a list. Oddly enough my house is full of board games my mom doesn't use. We even have a sealed copy of Monopoly and some other games for some reason.

Yeah, the difficult thing is fitting them in my luggage. I may be able to fit 2 max depending on the size of the box.

Oye conchesumares. Wishing you all a very happy dieciocho with friends and families. Fucking sucks I am not there and miss out this year. I will be celebrating with some pisco I bought the other day.

I went into a bottle shop here and they had one pisco bottle left. Miguel Torres El Gobernador. It was equivalent to 3.500 CLP on a liquidation sale so I bought it of course. Never tried it in Chile because it is about 8+ luca a bottle.

Will open it tonight. Wrapped in my Chilean flag. And cry myself to sleep. Love you bros.

Top Bottom