• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Nolan's 'Inception' to star Dicaprio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118000802.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Leonardo DiCaprio will star in "Inception," the science-fiction film that Christopher Nolan ("The Dark Knight") wrote and will direct as his next pic at Warner Bros.
The project shoots this year and is slated to be released in summer 2010, with Nolan and Emma Thomas producing. DiCaprio's deal is in final negotiations.

Script has been kept under wraps but the studio calls it a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind.

DiCaprio, coming off "Revolutionary Road" and "Body of Lies," will next be seen starring in the Martin Scorsese-directed "Shutter Island" at Paramount.

More than one option(Person) Christopher Nolan
(Person) Chris Nolan

DMczaf

BlueTsunami said:
Sounds promising but I wonder if Leo is kind of overexposing himself

He's only been in 5 movies since 2002 :lol

Also, Bale and Scorsese are making Origin.

i don't think the importance of this news will impact me until i see a picture of james cameron wearing an Inception t-shirt

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
DiCaprio is great, so I'm very much looking forward to this collaboration.

Will be interesting to see DiCaprio in something a little more actiony.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Sounds good to me. Always liked Leo as an actor, but sci-fi is going to limit the audience from the get-go.

Mike Works said:
i don't think the importance of this news will impact me until i see a picture of james cameron wearing an Inception t-shirt

Wow you're still seething? This isn't even a Cameron thread I made. :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
qxt6q9.gif

SpeedingUptoStop

I hear Nolan is working on some new 4D technology for Inception, it's gonna blow Avatar out of this dimension.

DMczaf

I'll give you guys a sneak peak to the interviews for the movie next year

"So Leo, are you going to be in Batman 3?!"

Now repeat that 6000 times.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
fistfulofmetal said:
I don't want Leo in my gritty realistic Batman movie. I don't think such a pretty boy fits in with the dark tone of the film.
Leo doesn't look like such a teeny-bopper prettyboy anymore. Nowadays he looks more like a Batman villain than a Batman/Bruce Wayne anyway.

leonardo_dicaprio.jpg

I don't buy it. He's still Jack Dawson to all the tweeny girls around the world. What happens when I go see the film on day one and as far as the eye can see are obnoxious teenagers sitting on the edge of their seats just to get a glimpse of this pretty boy? It'll ruin the movie experience I tell ya.

fistfulofmetal said:
I don't buy it. He's still Jack Dawson to all the tweeny girls around the world. What happens when I go see the film on day one and as far as the eye can see are obnoxious teenagers sitting on the edge of their seats just to get a glimpse of this pretty boy? It'll ruin the movie experience I tell ya.

Because The Aviator was packed with them yeah? Get real.

Zozz

Banned
Yea, I'm sure he doesn't look like a pretty boy at all. what was the last DeCaprio film you went to?

~Kinggi~

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:

2zyxt89.jpg

it works for everything

BlueTsunami said:
He definitely has a more weathered look now

He's sat there with a mass murderer. A mass murderer! His heart rate was jacked, and his hand--steady. That's one thing he figured out about myself after Titanic. His hand does not shake. Ever

Scullibundo said:
Why are you talking about DiCaprio in a Batman movie? This thread is about Inception.

I know. But I'm talking about the idea of Leo in Batman. I just don't see it working.

I mean I don't mind Leo, but in a Batman movie? Feck no.

SpeedingUptoStop

fistfulofmetal said:
I don't want Leo in my gritty realistic Batman movie. I don't think such a pretty boy fits in with the dark tone of the film.
I'm honored you chose my post first to mock.:lol

Is this the movie that was described as "a detective thriller through the pathways of the human mind" or something? It sure came together fast.

But after The Prestige (which, in all honesty, impressed me more than TDK as good as it was) I can't bring myself to doubt Nolan.

fistfulofmetal said:
I know. But I'm talking about the idea of Leo in Batman. I just don't see it working.

I mean I don't mind Leo, but in a Batman movie? Feck no.

You know what else? I can't stand the idea of having Tim Curry play the Riddler. Like, if that happened it would be the stupidest idea ever. Who the fuck would even think of that? He hasn't got the look or the acting chops to face off against Bale. I don't think he matches the tone of the film.

See that? That's me rambling about stuff that has neither been rumoured about a movie that has nothing to do with this thread.

Zozz

Banned
Scullibundo said:
You know what else? I can't stand the idea of having Tim Curry play the Riddler. Like, if that happened it would be the stupidest idea ever. Who the fuck would even think of that? He hasn't got the look or the acting chops to face off against Bale. I don't think he matches the tone of the film.

See that? That's me rambling about stuff that has neither been rumoured about a movie that has nothing to do with this thread.
:lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom