• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Nolan's 'Inception' to star Dicaprio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fistfulofmetal said:
I don't buy it. He's still Jack Dawson to all the tweeny girls around the world. What happens when I go see the film on day one and as far as the eye can see are obnoxious teenagers sitting on the edge of their seats just to get a glimpse of this pretty boy? It'll ruin the movie experience I tell ya.

its funny because this is almost word for word the shit people were saying in the thread where it was announced Heath Ledger was going to be Joker.

DMczaf

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i19ba8a8fc75ea904f043e69dc984bb89

James Franco is so much in demand that the actor is reluctantly saying no to some of the biggest movie projects in town.

Franco is in final negotiations to star opposite Danny McBride in "Your Highness," a comedy for Universal that David Gordon Green is shooting in the summer in Northern Ireland.

He also was in talks to join Leonardo DiCaprio in "Inception," Christopher Nolan's sci-fi thriller at Warner Bros. But on Tuesday, it became evident that the timetable would not work out since "Inception" also is due to shoot in the summer.

F U Franco!

Nolan will Katie Holmes your career

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
DMczaf said:
James franco and DiCaprio in a Nolan film is so much awesome that it would create a black hole sucking us all into the awesomeverse.

No, but seriously, how do you turn this down? The following film by the director of the 2nd highest grossing film ever....it's guaranteed to be bigger than anything on your plate, broseph.

SpeedingUptoStop

Scullibundo said:
Its called film schedules clashing. I'm sure he would be in it if he could.
Cut up the contracts, burn the bridges, deal the right drugs, murder the right people, fuck, anything!

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Cut up the contracts, burn the bridges, deal the right drugs, murder the right people, fuck, anything!

benjaminlinusisyourpimpdaddy.jpg

Your avatar suits you, my friend.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
SpeedingUptoStop said:
James franco and DiCaprio in a Nolan film is so much awesome that it would create a black hole sucking us all into the awesomeverse.

No, but seriously, how do you turn this down? The following film by the director of the 2nd highest grossing film ever....it's guaranteed to be bigger than anything on your plate, broseph.
I could understand turning it down for some other big cool project, but some medieval comedy with Danny McBride? Blech.

wRATH2x

Banned
You mean Franco was almost in the movie??

Fuck you schedule!

EDIT: Oh yeah, what the hell is "Origin"?

I asked a couple of pages back and no one answered. I can't find it anywhere.

fistfulofmetal said:
I don't want Leo in my gritty realistic Batman movie. I don't think such a pretty boy fits in with the dark tone of the film.

The dude has spent years trying to get rid of that pretty boy image and I think he's done a good job of it.

neight

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Seems like he's been in more shit than it seems, I don't know mangs
It feels like that to me too. It's because most of the movies he's been in this decade have been huge. Must be good to be him.

DMczaf

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118002026.html?categoryid=13&ref=ra&cs=1

Warner Bros. is in talks with Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy and Ellen Page to join Leonardo DiCaprio in "Inception," which Chris Nolan wrote and will direct as his next film.

WB bought the spec preemptively before other studios got a crack at the material, which kept WB in business with the filmmaker after the smash hit "The Dark Knight" (Daily Variety, Feb. 12).

Production begins this summer for 2010 release.

The subject matter has been kept under tight wraps, with the studio only describing the film as a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind.

Nolan will produce with Emma Thomas.

The film is Nolan's first with Cotillard and Page, but he is re-teaming with Murphy, who played the villain Scarecrow in "Batman Begins," with a cameo in "The Dark Knight." Murphy just completed "Peacock" and "Perrier's Bounty."

n21jbt.jpg

<Bale> lol wheres my name

<Nolan> lol its not there

What the fuck is it about Leo and Franco thats so lovable? Leo has always been my boy and then I started liking Franco. Its funny to see that GAF has the same exact feelings. Nolan and Leo and sci fi iz uber pwnage

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
SpeedingUptoStop said:

uh. he was already committed to another film.. cant really do anything about that.

SpeedingUptoStop

quadriplegicjon said:
uh. he was already committed to another film.. cant really do anything about that.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I don't give a fuck.

Oh yea, Cotilliard, Murphy, and Page?

yeahtigh.gif

woodchuck

DoctorWho said:
The dude has spent years trying to get rid of that pretty boy image and I think he's done a good job of it.

1 month later, people still dont get the joke

fuuuuuck you latino review

ezekial45

Banned
Michael Caine may have a part in the movie.

“I think there might be a part for me,” Caine told MTV News. Caine appeared as Alfred Pennyworth in both “Batman Begins” and “The Dark Knight,” as well as Nolan’s Oscar-nominated film “The Prestige.”

Asked if he thought he would cast in Nolan’s latest movie, described by Warner Bros. only as “a contemporary sci-fi thriller set within the architecture of the mind,” Caine gleamed with optimism.

“I could well be, yes,” the Academy Award-winning actor stated. “I don’t think [Nolan]’s going to make a picture without me.”

James Franco was also reportedly in talks to appear in the film, which is currently slated for a 2010 release, but parted ways due to scheduling conflicts with his Universal comedy “Your Highness.”

Given Caine and Nolan’s history together and Nolan’s fondness for bringing back past collaborators, Caine’s prediction is an easy sell. And verification should be on its way soon.

“I will know this week if I’m going to be in it,” Cain said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom