• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chromecast |OT|

WTF is going on with the ship date? My receipt says August 7th when it said August 2nd on the page, but my friend who ordered like 5 to 10 min after me has his saying August 2nd when the page said August 7th.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
From The Verge: "Already, third-party developers are taking advantage of Chromecast's SDK and API. One of the first to hop aboard may surprise you: The Washington Post. The DC-based newspaper and news outlet said in a statement to reporters that it would begin "integrating The Post’s upcoming new video offerings, PostTV, with Google’s Chromecast." The Post said it worked with Google engineers to optimize PostTV for Chromecast, and the channel is due to launch later this month."

I guess we'll see a great variety of apps supporting Chromecast very soon.

Chairhome

I ordered one but I might just grab it from Best Buy if its on stock on Sunday. This should be pretty awesome. I'm hoping in the future some emulators use it, cause that would be amazing. My co-worker is talking about getting it just for travel, which also seems like a great idea.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's strange as hell. I'm guessing that's for the dev preview of the API?

I dunno.

It wasn't what I was expecting that's for sure.

I was looking at this like a developer friendly Miracast or something but I'm not really sure what it is. I guess that doesn't matter.

LOLDSFAN

Thought this had to do with Comcast when I first heard about it.

Anyway for $35 dollars why not? Guess I'll have to wait though... Sold out.

Van Owen

Banned
It really doesn't appeal to me. I guess the main big feature is the ability to push a Chrome tab to the TV, but I have a Wii U that works well enough if I ever want to share something on my TV (which will be never).

Otherwise, launching Netflix on my phone and having it drain the battery just seems dumb when there's plenty of easier ways to watch content on the TV.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So will this be available in Best Buy? If so, when is it actually going to be sold in stores?

I hope someone can find out as well if the US sub coupon will work with Canadian Netflix accounts

Chairhome

So will this be available in Best Buy? If so, when is it actually going to be sold in stores?

I hope someone can find out as well if the US sub coupon will work with Canadian Netflix accounts

Someone posted earlier that they are expected in BB stores on Sunday.

Nicktendo86

So I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to stream what I'm playing in VLC on my laptop to this thing, at least not with its current specs?

Top Bottom