• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Citizens of Earth |OT| - Let's see... Plus the 7 ... Carry the 2 ... Carry the 1 ...

This thread was made and optimised for NeoGaf Light, however you can use NeoGaf Dark/Mobile (some pictures look ugly on NeoGaf Dark, sorry).
Btw, this was my first shot at making an |OT|. I will appreciate any criticism.

iogOuHb.png

734demJ.png

Cross Buy Options and Benefits.
For a limited time.
Steam - 20% Discount = $11.99 + Soundtrack Download (until 27th of January)
PS4 + Vita (NA) - 20% Discount for PSPlus Subscribers = $11.99 (until the 3rd of February)
Wii U + 3DS (NA) - 20% Discount = $11.99 (until 27th of January)
PS4 + Vita (Europe) - Unknown.
Wii U + 3DS (Europe) - 20% Discount (until 29th of January), if purchasing same game on vice versa console, 40% Discount on the other version of the game (buy one, pay €7.19) (until 29th of January)

• cMiEl.png
    - Tuesday, 20th January 2014
  • v3Fhj.png
    - Tuesday, 20th January 2014
  • dLRQ0.png
    - Wednesday, 21st January 2014

Steam Page / Vita Page / PS4 Page
  • Title - Citizens of Earth
  • Platforms - Wii U, 3DS, PC, PS4, PSVITA
  • Developer - Eden Industries
  • Publisher - Atlus U.S.A
  • Director - Eden Industries*
  • Producer - ATLUS*
  • Price - $14.99/€11.99
  • Website - http://atlus.com/citizensofearth/
  • Size - 1.4GB

* Cannot find the individual.

I3IvhDv.png

Citizens of Earth is a RPG developed by indie company Eden Industries, it was originally a Kickstarter, however they did not manage to receive their main goal and had nearly abandoned their project. Atlus came along and with the help of Atlus, Eden Industries once again, could proceed with Citizens of Earth. Not only did Atlus proceed to finish the game, but also helped Eden Industries to port their games to three unplanned consoles (PSVITA,3DS and Wii U).

You begin as a newly elected Vice President, sleeping in his bedroom reliving his old nostalgic memories as he is currently taking a vacation and sleeping in his mum's house. Your mum tells you to wake up and to meet your brother, which you hadn't met for so long. You hear a rowdy noise outside, turns out to be protestors, hooray. You embark your journey to Moonbucks, where you soon realize they're weird things that are currently happening, such as the fact that Moonbucks employees are going missing and that everybody is addicted to their "Special Blend". What will happen next?

WILL ADD VIDEO SECTION LATER.

Q&A time!
Q. Are there any cross-buy options?
A. Yes there is for a limited time, see the top.

Q. Are there any trophies for PSN?
A. There are 2 gold trophies, 1 silver and 7 bronze medals.

Q. Are there any Steam Achievements?
A. Yes there are.

Q. Is there any XBOX version releasing soon?
A. lmao. Sorry, but no. No confirmed XBOX version.

Q. Any StreetPass functions for the 3DS?
A. Nothing at launch, but there might be StreetPass functions in the future (updates).

Q. Are there any DLC planned?
A. There will be DLC in the future, but it isn't planned yet.

Q. Estimated time to finish the game?
A. 20 - 30 hours.

Q. If I pledged on the KickStarter, will I get my KickStarter bonuses?
A. Unfortunately, no.

Q. Are there any features from differing consoles?
A. On the PSN and Steam versions, there are achievements for you to get. The Wii U has GamePad compatibility and on the 3DS, you can play with dual-screen.

Q. Any locked content for different consoles?
A. No, everything is the same.

Reviews
Well, not exactly reviews, just previews rn.
PS3Blog.net
Nsider2
GamerHeadlines
Real Reviews

Cubed3 - 8/10
thanks ^^

batbeg

Well buy on Wii U if competently ported, otherwise Steam as I'm sure my laptop will play it. Been lookingforward to this for a cool minute!

Really looking forward to reading more about this. I hope it turns out well because I'm very interested. Love the bright, colourful graphics.

Edit: Good first OT, OP!

Sounds amusing looking at steam page but will need feedback before committing, if the gameplay is too basic/boring it's just not worth it. Turn-based rpg's can be tricky to get right.

On the other hand, turn-based games on the Wii U pad while watching netflix can be quite soothing.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So tempting:) Can't decide between the Steam version or the Vita/PS4 version. Maybe I'll wait for impressions since the discount will still go on for a while.

So tempting:) Can't decide between the Steam version or the Vita/PS4 version. Maybe I'll wait for impressions since the discount will still go on for a while.

All the versions are the same, have the same storyline/voices (etc.)
I'll recommend the PS4 version if you want to play on your TV.

gazele

Banned
Played it at PSX and I loved what I played of it, the battle system is actually pretty complex and there's at least 35 characters to collect so it's kind of like suoikoden in that way

Lionheart

Never even heard of this game, looks quite fun. Will await impressions, Hoping for a discount on EU PSN as well, but at least we'll get the 10 % discount soon (I hope).

Edit: the official website says that a discount will be available in the European store for the first week. :)

If there's one thing that has gotten me interested in this game aside from the RPG aspects, its the animations.

tumblr_ni3aai89p41r8tgs3o2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ni3aai89p41r8tgs3o3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ni3aai89p41r8tgs3o1_400.gif

tumblr_ni3aai89p41r8tgs3o4_400.gif

Getting it on vita if it reviews decently.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Brian★;148125779 said:
All the versions are the same, have the same storyline/voices (etc.)
I'll recommend the PS4 version if you want to play on your TV.

Don't have a PS4 yet though (that will probably change in a few more months) so it's basically the ever difficult firstworld dilemma of whether I want it portable or not :) I guess the PS version solves that eventually if and when I get a PS4. Cross-buy is quite tempting.

Tizoc

Brian★;148130543 said:
Nope, the Vita version is 1.4GB, sorry bout that.
tvtropes-otoboku-orz.jpg

Ah well my FFX-2 retail copy comes in a couple weeks I can remove my digital ver. to make space for it.

Dark_castle

Played it at PSX and I loved what I played of it, the battle system is actually pretty complex and there's at least 35 characters to collect so it's kind of like suoikoden in that way

Sounds good. Atlus picked up the project, and given their credibility, I'm sure there are good reason why they did.

It reminded me of Mother games a bit, and the fact that Atlus gave it a chance makes me feel like I should too. This game hasn't been on my radar for very long, so I'm afraid I'll be awaiting some impressions first. Luckily posting here will add a thread subscription.

rybrad

Brian★;148118657 said:
Q. Are there any DLC planned?
A. There will be DLC in the future, but it isn't planned directly with developers.
Does that mean the DLC would be done by someone other than the developer?

Phinor

Backed this on the failed Kickstarter. Good to see they found a publisher and managed to finish the project.

I've still no idea what the game(play) is like but I guess I'll see soon enough :)

Still trying to decide between Wii U or 3DS for this, anyone know the differences? Or will the gamepad basically be used as the bottom screen of the 3DS?

Brian★;148195808 said:
Yes, something similar to that.

Cool, I think I've made my mind up and will go for Wii U. Nothing coming out on that until March so it should fill a gap and scratch the Earthbound itch.

AEREC

I always thought this was trying to be similar to Earthbound for some reason, maybe it's just the bright colors and americana.

Will pick it up on 3DS if the reviews are halfway decent.

B_Signal

Backed this on the failed Kickstarter. Good to see they found a publisher and managed to finish the project.

I've still no idea what the game(play) is like but I guess I'll see soon enough :)

it's turn based combat. You have a team of 3 (picked from a party of followers) and pick which move you want. Moves are in categories, and as you level up you more options will open up. So stat boosts will generally be grouped together, so will elemental attacks.

Certain characters will be suited to certain things, so there's healers, casters, heavy hitters etc. Some enemies, not as many as I was expecting, will be weak or strong to certain attack types

Outside of battles enemies roam around. You'll also have to speak to people to advance the story and recruit followers

TheMoon

Brian★;148193234 said:
no as means, it isn't planned yet with the developers. It still is unknown. probably a typo I'll fix it.

So if there is no DLC planned, why does it say "yes" then? Is will there be DLC?" even a FAQ? I never even considered the possibility for example^^

So if there is no DLC planned, why does it say "yes" then? Is will there be DLC?" even a FAQ? I never even considered the possibility for example^^

Because the developers confirmed that they will be DLC. But it isn't planned nor discussed with Atlus.

opoth

Banned
I'll be grabbing this tomorrow for Wii U, looks like this and my Xenoblade Chronicles replay will be keeping me busy for a little while.

Top Bottom