• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Citizens of Earth |OT| - Let's see... Plus the 7 ... Carry the 2 ... Carry the 1 ...

Stencil

Sorry to bump the topic up so far, but, wtf I just lost like 2 hrs of progress right at the beginning because I tried equpping the Chess Ribbon to the brother...

Anyways, the music is great, the game is pretty good so far. My main gripe is the loading times and how frequently they appear.

edit: nvm. That freeze sucked though. Gonna be hard to start back up.

jonno394

Man this game is long (which is good!), bout 16 hours in to it and only just about to finish Chapter 4. Recruited about 28 citizens (damn scientist and weather woman relying on random conditions that haven't happened for me yet!) so think I may as well go for 100% completion as longs as the aforementioned two aren't complete bastards to get.

The music in this game is fantastic in my opinion, love the tune in the Forbidden Highway, really has an otherworldly/apocalyptic feel to it and syncs up well with the look of the area. Found myself on more than one occasion humming various tunes from the game in my head while working etc.

Only had one (repeated) crash in my play time so far (on PS Vita) and this was a couple hours back while driving, I ran in to a camper and they didn't disappear and I was just stuck, reset, did same conditions, stuck again. Tried a third time, crashed again then just decided to walk instead.

Those who've beaten it: How long did it take you?

I haven't touched my Vita in a year, probably, and am thinking about downloading this and playing through it since I received a code. It looks really neat.

Oh, the other day they posted a patch for PS4 that "fixes many crash bugs," among other things, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Those crashes were pretty frustrating though. ><

I just started it and played for about 25 minutes before my battery died. What I played was enjoyable, but nothing special, and it felt a bit cheap. But I hope to play through the rest and cross it off my backlog, because I think it'll be okay fun.

There are so many overwhelming quests at the beginning, though. I guess the point is to just recruit as many people as possible, by doing their quests?

JCX

Those who've beaten it: How long did it take you?

I haven't touched my Vita in a year, probably, and am thinking about downloading this and playing through it since I received a code. It looks really neat.

I think my final save was around 34 hours. I will say that this game on Vita has the worst final boss battle I have ever experienced in an RPG.

It was an okay first game, but there needs to be a lot of work done if a sequel ever happens.

I think my final save was around 34 hours. I will say that this game on Vita has the worst final boss battle I have ever experienced in an RPG.

It was an okay first game, but there needs to be a lot of work done if a sequel ever happens.

What was so bad about the boss, without spoiling too much?

Started playing this on Vita again a couple days ago. The patch really did its job, because no crashes so far.
It's fun, but it can be a little bit overwhelming with all the quests and recruitment missions running at once.
A complete world map would also have been nice.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
This is now $3.00 with PSN+
Well worth the price of admission if you are looking for a quirky RPG.

JCX

What was so bad about the boss, without spoiling too much?

Was mostly due to performance on Vita. Extremely light spoilers but true of many JRPGs:
The final boss has multiple forms, alongside multiple scenes across the earth. Each scene transition had like a 10 second load time, so it dragged forever.

In retrospect, the final boss is still the worst final boss (both in gameplay and narrative satisfaction), but it's the dungeon just before that's really awful.

A solid game, but if you want a great Earthbound spiritual successor, get Undertale.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
A solid game, but if you want a great Earthbound spiritual successor, get Undertale.

The Gameplay of this is more similar to Earthbound. But the whole of the Undertale game felt more like Earthbound. Yeah, that is a confusing statement.

If you are expecting a cohesive story, get Undertale.

Citizens of Earth is more a collection of smaller wacky stories, combined with tons of recruit-able characters.

Top Bottom