• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Citizens of Earth |OT| - Let's see... Plus the 7 ... Carry the 2 ... Carry the 1 ...

Amir0x

Banned
That's why I'm super interested in it. If it gets good reviews, it'll be the last game I get on my Vita before I leave the US.

Yeah. Honestly the art style sort of looks a bit lame to me - like some higher budget version of Diner Dash - but I am interested.

If I start hearing it's really bad from trusted GAFers that I'll change my plans to get it :p

Got my review all typed up. Not sure if the site will post it tomorrow but I will say this scratched a lot of old school rpg itches for me.

Cherubae

I've been waiting for the release since trying it out at E3 last year. I still have the little lapel button on my bag that they were giving out to promote the game.

I plan on picking up the Ps4 version; maybe sending a Steam copy to a friend of mine :D

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
The PSN 10% voucher that's coming up basically cements my decision. Will buy this for the Sony consoles when the deal goes active.

thenexus6

I think this game looks cool, never played Earthbound or any RPG like it before so i'm excited. I have to been talking a guy on twitter that worked on the game random questions and he's been very good to respond to me.

Am I right in thinking we get 10% PS+ discount and now that other 10% promotion on top?

Tizoc

I think this game looks cool, never played Earthbound or any RPG like it before so i'm excited. I have to been talking a guy on twitter that worked on the game random questions and he's been very good to respond to me.

Am I right in thinking we get 10% PS+ discount and now that other 10% promotion on top?

The game is 20% discounted, the one Sony gives you will toss in 10% extra, making it a little under $11.

Not only did Atlus proceed to finish the game, but also helped Eden Industries to port their games to three unplanned consoles (PSVITA,3DS and Wii U)

This is incorrect. The game was originally pitched as a PC/Wii U game. The others were unplanned.

Will be getting the U version soon!

JCX

Does the Vita/PS4 have cross-save too? If it does, I'm getting it on those instead of Wii U/3DS.

Edit: I see it on the eShop, but not on PSN on Vita. Can anyone else see it on Vita?

AsfaeksBR

Reviewed it for ZTGD. Gave it a 9 out of 10. Really, really love it. If you can appreciate a game with humor, colorful and zany characters, and a story that isn't thrown in your face every few minutes. This is some classic style RPG with a few tweaks added.
http://www.ztgd.com/citizens-of-earth-wii-u-review/

If Slasher likes it, who am I to disagree?
And also, does the game have Vehicular Combat? Because it was their first stretch goal on KS

B_Signal

If Slasher likes it, who am I to disagree?
And also, does the game have Vehicular Combat? Because it was their first stretch goal on KS

unless it's something I haven't seen, and it's possible as there's a lot of characters in there. The car combat is in a race around a square track, if you bump in to another car you start a fight, which are essentially the same as the rest of the game

Read some of the lesser reviews earlier this morning(Destructoid, Venture Beat). Really put me off to the game. Seems some simple stuff like menu/interface is beyond horrible...like 8 bit horrible(it's now 30 years later!) Don't think I'll be picking this up. Will wait for FF Type 0 and FFX/X-2 for PS4 for my RPG fix.

JPS Kai

Pending the editor's proof reading and checking, my review should be live later on tonight on Just Push Start here.

According to Exophase and PSNProfiles, I'm so far the first person to actually beat the game next to the reviewer from Elder Geek.

XNarte

I'm looking forward to checking this out but besides the characters and character animations, I'm not really digging the art style. It's a little overplayed to say this but I feel it has that Zynga/Facebook/PopCap/Flash Game look especially in the backgrounds, if that makes sense.

I'm thinking that if it plays well, I might want to check out the 3DS version because the lower resolution might result in more of a pixelized look more to my liking (and the retro style of the game itself.)

If anyone gets the 3DS version, impressions would be much appreciated!

JPS Kai

As soon as they iron out the steam issues this bad boy is mine!

"If you’ve experienced any issues on the PC version earlier this week, we’ve rolled out a couple of updates that should fix stability and some other compatibility issues that cropped up"

Hope this will fix whatever ails ya!

Tendo

"If you’ve experienced any issues on the PC version earlier this week, we’ve rolled out a couple of updates that should fix stability and some other compatibility issues that cropped up"

Hope this will fix whatever ails ya!

Some glitch is keeping it from being sold on Steam. :(

EDIT: Nvm! It just went up! whoo!

AsfaeksBR

Was playing on Steam, but a lightning struck outside and now the lights are off...
Played 30 minutes, and it was good. Fun, combat seems simple and yet looks like it will be challenging later on.
Only "problem" is that you get A LOT of quests right off The bat, and that can be a bit overwhealming.

Top Bottom