• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City Shrouded in Shadow debut trailer (Godzilla+Eva+Gamera+Patlabor+Ultraman)

Trailer.

From Gematsu:
Bandai Namco has released the first full-length trailer for City Shrouded in Shadow, its survival adventure game from Disaster Report developer Granzella.

The game follows the player, an ordinary man or woman—not a hero—as they attempt to survive in a multitude of disasters involving “giant shadows” that suddenly appear. These giant shadows include Ultraman, Nise Ultraman, Alien Zarab, Godzilla, King Ghidorah, Evangelion Unit-01, The Fourth Angel, Gamera, Soldier Legion, and Patlabor’s AV-98 “Ingram,” CRL-98 “Pyro-Buster,” Type 5Q/2C “Grau Bear,” and more. Read more here.

City Shrouded in Shadow is due out for PlayStation 4 in Japan on October 19.

bluexy

How does a game like this even exist. Does one company just own the license to all those properties? Could it come to the west like that?

mejin

hahahahaha so bad, it's good.

didn't know Namco Bandai is the publisher. Can't wait for the localization.

Elessar

Neo Member
Interesting concept but visually, it looks horrible. Looks like a PS3/Vita game with pretty bad animations.

Man I'd kill for this to have some VR support. Just give me a side mode where I can look at Ultraman or the EVA angel from the street or a building.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder if this will get localized, I'm worried coz of the licenses and stuff.

Anyway, hyped for Disaster Report-ish games.

That looks awesome! I've always been super interested in the Disaster Report stuff, never got around to playing it though. I think Kaiju/Mecha is a really fantastic "disaster" concept.

A Kaiju/Mechs crossover from different series battle where you survive their chaos below? Hell yeah, I'd play that. Hoping to see a rampaging Gundam or Megazord.

Clov

Looks like a lot of fun! I really hope it gets localized. Namco-Bandai has been pretty good with localizations lately, so fingers crossed!

ZoddGutts

It's using the Orochi 3 engine by Silicon Studio going by the credits at the end of the trailer. The game graphically wasn't going to blow people's mind, looks fine coming from a small studio.

I want this SO BAD. I was expecting it to be random matches of 'escape the city' kind of thing but this looks like it has a story to it. The trailer looks like it might be taking the whole thing a little too seriously though.

Ridley327

I wish there were less giant flying monsters that looked similar, since it's really hard to tell if the end of the trailer is teasing Rodan or Gyaos. I'd assume the latter, just so Gamera actually has more representation, but you never know.

sensui-tomo

Hey guys, since namco bandai is the team doing this, how cool would it be if they could use the DBZ license and have a scenario where you're running away from Cell (form 1) when he's killing/eating/draining people . I've been trying to think of NB licenses they can pull stuff from.

How does a game like this even exist. Does one company just own the license to all those properties? Could it come to the west like that?

Japan has different copyright laws, and corporations are more willing to work with others using their IP.

I would be happily surprised if it came out in the west. We did get the Squid Girl outfit in Splatoon though, so who knows.

Briarios

I wonder if this will get localized, I'm worried coz of the licenses and stuff.

Anyway, hyped for Disaster Report-ish games.

Actually, I don't think the licenses in this case wouldn't be a problem -- everything shown has been pretty easily distributed in the US. None of them have a Macross style problem ... I think the problem is whether or not they think it would make money.

I am hoping for, maybe, an Asian release with English --- like the Gundam Breaker series. But, I definitely have to have this!

I wish there were less giant flying monsters that looked similar, since it's really hard to tell if the end of the trailer is teasing Rodan or Gyaos. I'd assume the latter, just so Gamera actually has more representation, but you never know.

I'm inclined to believe it's Gyaos, both because of the head shape and the fact it's a scooping up a person, which is what they do lol

@MUWANdo

Banned
I want this SO BAD. I was expecting it to be random matches of 'escape the city' kind of thing but this looks like it has a story to it. The trailer looks like it might be taking the whole thing a little too seriously though.

The Disaster Report games are a mix of deadly serious Japanese melodrama and complete silliness.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
BEAUTIFUL. I WANT THIS SOBAD

Yeah, Bandai Namco and its subsidiary been making video games based on properties shown here, so i guess they already own the license to make crossover

Man I'd kill for this to have some VR support. Just give me a side mode where I can look at Ultraman or the EVA angel from the street or a building.
the same studio's upcoming Disaster Report sequel will have PSVR support (and probably add another year to the dev cycle). So that's something to look forward to.

I want this. I want this bad. I might just buy a JPN copy and muddle through it with a FAQ. This looks like a dream game of mine. I NEEEDZ IT!!

Despera

Banned
I want this so much for all the wrong reasons.

Perfect example of a game to play while high.

Any chance of localization? :p

Oh, fuck. I thought you PLAYED as Godzilla, Gamera, etc.
This is coooool as shit tho.

Also fuck being in the middle of a city when EVA-01 and Angels are going around.

Top Bottom