• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City Shrouded in Shadow debut trailer (Godzilla+Eva+Gamera+Patlabor+Ultraman)

I wish there were less giant flying monsters that looked similar, since it's really hard to tell if the end of the trailer is teasing Rodan or Gyaos. I'd assume the latter, just so Gamera actually has more representation, but you never know.

Has to be Gyaos. That head shape suggests it to me, at least. Plus I don't think Rodan eats people. This game, no matter how good or bad, will be in my collection one way or another. Hopefully it's localized

Aki-at

It is honestly sort of amazing that we finally got a trailer for this game. Seems like it's been announced since last year.

And boy am I hyped, hope I get stuck in the middle of a Godzilla vs King Ghiodrah duel :D

squall23

Whats the probability of this coming to the US?

If liscensing nightmares like TvsC and Jump Stars Victory VS can come here i dont see why this cant.
Those aren't licensing nightmares. Super Robot Wars are licensing nightmares. TvC involved 2 companies: Tatsunoko and Capcom. Victory VS involved Bandai and Jump.

Ban Puncher

So long as there is no Macross included it should not be 100% impossible for this to get a western release.

Suck it, Harmony Gold.

An Ingram is a weird ass robot to see rampaging through a city

Exactly my thoughts, what a weird choice for a game like this; they are positively tiny compared to most mecha and designed precisely to avoid collateral damage in a city. I love Patlabor so I'm not complaining though.

That Ultraman is positively sad. I get that "dude in a suit" is pretty much Ultraman's visual identity, but it just looks sad at that scale.

I want this now....

I bet Patlabor is the first scenario because that is the smallest in scale.

Ironically this is the first time I've seen you without your Goto avatar. :D

Yukinari

Those aren't licensing nightmares. Super Robot Wars are licensing nightmares. TvC involved 2 companies: Tatsunoko and Capcom. Victory VS involved Bandai and Jump.

The various holders of the rights to the Tatsunoko properties in the US is the nightmare. We did lose one character if i recall but i didnt care about him.

Same thing happened to the Ikkitousen characters in senran kagura. Took a while for the US to get them.

Rojiraan

Really happy to finally see a trailer for this project. Looks a bit janky through, but I want more Granzella games with even better animations ! So they will have my money.
Someone needs to localize it !

(And I hope Granzella isn't forgetting Disaster Report 4 :D )

I feel like this is a fever dream of Hideaki Anno's

Right.

In for the Patlabor cameo even though there is a big ass why in my brain. Patlabor is like bottom rung robot for this situation lol. This is budget as hell though, with all these franchises the animations looks straight out of Shenmue 1

delSai

This looks so awesome

Please announce a localization, Bamco. I'm ready to import but obviously i would like to understand what they're saying and all that.

AudioEppa

I hope this game gets a bad dub. It looks like the perfect "so bad it's good" game.

Lol

I just hope this gets a dub. I don't care if it's good or bad, find the cheapest voice actors you can fine. I just want to understand it. Because I hate subtitles.

A Godzilla / Monster Survival game, from the perspective of a human is a pretty cool idea. Hopefully it's good and gets an English release, or subtitles so I can import it, if it doesn't come to the west.

Skrams

Ok, so I knew about Godzilla, Ultraman, Gamera, and Eva Unit 1. I didn't know that meant villains like the Eva angels would be in this too. That's super cool as well. Also Patlabor being in here is really cool since he's just a small lil buddy compared to these monsters.

I'm really hoping for an english release either through Asia or an official western release.

Shoeless

I had no idea this game existed, but it's immediately shot up to the top of my "I need this in the worst way" list. They had me at Gamera.

Brofield

I will import this for all sorts of reasons if I can at least get English text. Hell, the subtitles don't even have to be good. Leave in typos as Easter Eggs.

AudioEppa

Yeah, edf 4.1 has a god-tier dub
Hope we get this and disaster report.

Idk what that is but GOOD! Every game out of Japan should have audio options. Plenty of voice actors looking for work. The dub from Disaster Report and Raw danger wasn't TGA material, but it got the job done.

Top Bottom