• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City Shrouded in Shadow debut trailer (Godzilla+Eva+Gamera+Patlabor+Ultraman)

D-Man

This looks so wild I can't even imagine how it came to be.

Doubt it'll be localized but I might import this.

Astery

oh my. The graphics is heaps above what I expected from disaster report 4. I guess it makes sense since bandai is on board with their IPs all over the game for selling other merchandize as well.

Koppai

I get this strange feeling that Disaster Report 4 turned into this...the protagonist looks like the original.

This looks so good please localize it Bandai Namco!

Gren

Cool concept, and getting all those big-name licenses to legitimize a brand new IP is rather shrewd.

If it gets localized, it'll be on my console wishlist for sure.

Astery

I get this strange feeling that Disaster Report 4 turned into this...the protagonist looks like the original.

This looks so good please localize it Bandai Namco!

Disaster Report 4 is still under development. Famitsu has a update coverage on it just today.

Tohsaka

This will probably get localized, if not in the west at least an Asian English version. Bamco localizes pretty much everything on console lately except for Idolm@ster, sadly (the PSVR thing doesn't count).

ranmafan

I was sold on the game already when we heard Eva, Godzilla and ultraman were in it. But now with Patalabor added too, this has shot up way high on my interest list. Love the concept of playing as someone trying to survive during Kaiju attacks. This game looks like it's going to be a fun ride.

AudioEppa

I can't describe how much I want to play this and DR4.

Please gaming gods. Bring this to NA with a English dub cast. I've been waiting to goddamn long for another survival adventure game.

near

Gold Member
Just did some quick research on Granzilla cause I've never heard of them. They formed not too long ago (2011) and found this on there site for anyone who doubts this will be localized.

We want to produce the following types of games worldwide:
- Controversial games
- Games that strongly interest people, even if they have some weaknesses.
- Games in which players can reflect their own feelings, instead of games for which players have no choices and have to follow predetermined rules and paths.
- Games and experiences that give excitement to both players and creators at the same time.
- Games that are a great alternative when main stream games and entertainment start to lose their appeal.

Stiler

I just one want good Godzilla game in my lifetime, like one with an actual big budget and a AAA developer behind it that can make it good.

HeatBoost

aren't labors like

half the size of those other dudes, though?

Traffic posts go up to their midsection. They're barely ankle height on the others.

massoluk

Banned
I wish there is a scenario where squad of Valkyries fight off Zentraedi invasion ending with SDF Macross firing its cannon at Zentraedi mothership and you run away from the crashing :p

I thought that the title meant that it was influenced by Godzilla and Eva and Gamera and Patlabor and Ultraman, but nope... They're... Just there. Wow.

Astery

Just did some quick research on Granzilla cause I've never heard of them. They formed not too long ago (2011) and found this on there site for anyone who doubts this will be localized.

Granzilla is basically the new irem I wanted but not deserved.

irem has cancelled Disaster Report 4 and most of its remaining projects, moved on to (mobile) social gambling and pachinkos after the 2011 Earthquake and Tsunami disaster. Granzilla is the new company led by Kazuma (Disaster report series)

HeavenlyE

This looks like one of the games you loved as a child but you play it years later and you realize it's terrible, but you still love it

Laiza

Okay, I'm pretty interested. This is definitely a novel premise, and one that works quite well for a video game. Curious how much impact player choice has here. Doubly so considering how obviously powerless the protagonist is against these kinds of threats.

jwk94

This is an amazing idea for a game! Too bad it doesn't take place in the abandoned warehouse district lol.

Game would probably suck, but it's hard not to get excited about ultraman, godzilla, evangelion and patlabor altogether in a game.

I wonder if this will get localized, I'm worried coz of the licenses and stuff.

Anyway, hyped for Disaster Report-ish games.

Also, where the hell is that new disaster report game??

Top Bottom