• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'City Shrouded in Shadow' adds Eva Unit-00, Unit-02, Mechagodzilla, Griffon, and more

No scans so...

Bandai Namco and Granzella shared new info on the upcoming survival adventure game City Shrouded in Shadow with the reveal of new Giant Shadows in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine.

The new Giant Shadows are:
Griffon
Abraham
Dada
Mechagodzilla
Evangelion Unit-00
Evangelion Unit-02

ranmafan

Do we expect this game to release in the west/in english?

Considering bandai namco is releasing it, an Asian English release could be possible. Yet only so far just the Japanese release has been annouced. Would be nice for an English one to come out for those in the west. As for me I've got the super special edition all preordered and will have it on release date in just one month. Can't wait!

It's weird that the actual eva units themselves are rampaging,

Or are you just running from them as they save the city from the angels?

Rymuth

My theory is that the 'Shadows' are basically aliens taking on the form of monsters from humanity's subconscious minds. Similar to that Simpsons episode where the Ads mascots rampage.

ranmafan

That's a good question. The website does show a few of the angels and a screenshot of one fighting with Eva so it could be you are running away from that battle going on and not the Eva units attacking the city. However if it's the other way too that would be very interesting indeed

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone give us the source material/pictures of those monsters? I'm not good with my Godzilla monsters, and only barely can sort EVAs.

Considering bandai namco is releasing it, an Asian English release could be possible. Yet only so far just the Japanese release has been annouced. Would be nice for an English one to come out for those in the west. As for me I've got the super special edition all preordered and will have it on release date in just one month. Can't wait!

There's a special edition?

Didn't see one when I looked into ordering off Amazon.

ranmafan

There's a special edition?

Didn't see one when I looked into ordering off Amazon.

It's only available from bandai's own store. It includes a t shirt, a badge, and some exclusive player clothes Dlc. One being from the game Summer Lesson. It's a little expensive for what's being offered but as much as I want this game I decided to go ahead and get the big package. Now just hoping the shirt isn't too small. Last time I bought a special edition game that came with a shirt it barely fit.

http://knst.bn-ent.net/sp/special/lalabit.php

Here's a link showing what's included from the games main page.

It's only available from bandai's own store. It includes a t shirt, a badge, and some exclusive player clothes Dlc. One being from the game Summer Lesson. It's a little expensive for what's being offered but as much as I want this game I decided to go ahead and get the big package. Now just hoping the shirt isn't too small. Last time I bought a special edition game that came with a shirt it barely fit.

http://knst.bn-ent.net/sp/special/lalabit.php

Here's a link showing what's included from the games main page.

Aah, I see.

Nice package, but I'm outside Japan so I doubt it'd ship. I'll stick to the Amazon bonus costumes.

What's Griffon? This guy:

latest

?

RedBoot

Hopefully. Bamco has been releasing pretty much every PS4 game in English lately, at least in Asia if not the west.

After they managed to get J-Stars out in English, I have hope for pretty much everything.

They've used the Godzilla license already on the PS4, so that's probably not an issue. Stuff like EVA and Patlabor is a little more uncertain, especially since both properties have had English releases from multiple companies over decades. I don't think either are Robotech-levels of complex, though.

In MC situation, I don't know if I would be near the danger for the awesomeness to have Evas fighting Godzilla with Ultraman and Mechagodzilla, or getting the hell out of that island.

I'm assuming it's the Showa Mechagodzilla, aka best Mechagodzilla.

That's a funny way to say MechaGodzilla II

Daingurse

So are we going to get crossover battles in this like Godzilla fighting an Eva or anything?

That's still Showa-era MechaGodzilla, technically.

Lol. Yeah, he must mean Super MechaGodzilla. I like all the Mecha-Godzilla designs, but probably enjoy Kiryu the most. So shiny and slick!

This game is definitely intriguing me. Hope it gets a western release.

ranmafan

After they managed to get J-Stars out in English, I have hope for pretty much everything.

They've used the Godzilla license already on the PS4, so that's probably not an issue. Stuff like EVA and Patlabor is a little more uncertain, especially since both properties have had English releases from multiple companies over decades. I don't think either are Robotech-levels of complex, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to work it out. Godzilla has been done so that's probably not too hard. I wonder how much of a hassle Ultraman would be? My guess would be not so bad considering there's been DVD releases in the west and all. I have a feeling Eva will be the most troublesome license to work out. Still even if it doesn't get a western release I have a feeling an Asian English one is quite possible. Perhaps we will hear something real soon

This might actually be the first game I ever double dip on in a current gen, if they get any version out in English I'm buying it.

ranmafan

Never, the licensing will make it almost impossible.

Considering recent releases of games that no one ever thought would come out, such as the recent jump game, the tatsunoko game many years back, along with the Asian English release of super robot Taisen V, I wouldn't say never. I think the chances of at least an Asian English release are good considering bandai namco's recent track record of releasing English versions of many of their licensed property games in Asia. So that could be an option. But as of yet there is no word. In the west, it'll probably be harder but not impossible. Most of the licenses probably could be worked out. Evangelion probably being the hardest. And thankfully no macross. If there was then I think the chances of a western release would be negative one million.

Considering the Japanese release is less than a month away if an Asian release is happening we will probably hear about it sooner than later. And hopefully there will be an English option for those here who want it.

Top Bottom