• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City Shrouded in Shadow debut trailer (Godzilla+Eva+Gamera+Patlabor+Ultraman)

NEO0MJ

I wonder if the Evafied Mecha Godzilla designed by Yoji Shinkawa of Metal Gear and ZOE fame will show up.

FIGURE-026940_03.jpg

I kept thinking this looks just like a disaster report game without realzing it was... doubled checked the thread and yep. This is going to be really good.

Kinsei

Banned
A Disaster Report game that takes place during a kaiju attack is something I never knew I wanted. And not just any kaiju attack but Gamera, Godzilla, Ghidorah, etc, etc? Sign me the fuck up.

Please be localized.

Buzzi

This is probably the closer thing to Disaster Day of Crisis I'm gonna get, so I'm in.
Will check the Disaster Report series before though.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Wow. They got chocolate in my peanut butter! I'm so down!

Still want Disaster Report 4. :(

Emouse

Yo cool patlabor units are in? I wonder if they'll be scaled up or if it'll just be labor vs labor levels or something

I thought that the list of properties in the thread title was just a generalized example and then holy shit, it's actually Ultraman, then holy shit it's Gamera!?! What the fuck? King Ghidorah? Godzilla!?

I mean I guess it makes sense since it's Bandai and they probably own the licenses to all those franchises but it was still crazy as hell.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Dear lord they are bad at trailers. This could be a friggin amazingly wtf action trailer full of surprises and fun, and it's... that thing, with no build-up, moments or suspense at all. How is this even possible with such a premise.

The concept sounds incredibly cool, the game looks incredibly meh. I'll wait for impressions.

sinonobu

Banned
I thought that the list of properties in the thread title was just a generalized example and then holy shit, it's actually Ultraman, then holy shit it's Gamera!?! What the fuck? King Ghidorah? Godzilla!?

I mean I guess it makes sense since it's Bandai and they probably own the licenses to all those franchises but it was still crazy as hell.

I thought Godzilla was owned by Toho?

duckroll

I thought Godzilla was owned by Toho?

He said license, not copyright. Bandai obviously has licenses to make games for all these franchises. Maybe not exclusive license for some though. The actual franchises for these are owned by lots of different companies, so it might be a huge mess when it comes to international releases.

J-Tier

Godzilla and Gamera in the same game? Legit excited! The jank actually makes it better. EVA, Ultraman and Patlabor as well just blows my mind. I wonder if there's more? Would be great if Saban somehow allowed a Megazord to get in too. Or friggin Go-Lion/Voltron.

Toss in the Colossal Titan for shits n giggles.

Also, they should make a new Godzilla Destroy All Monsters but include Gamera, Ultraman and EVA while they can.
and Zilla, though I may be one of the very few who like Zilla

peppers

Lol it looks... Interesting. What do you actually do in the game? I watched the trailer but I didn't really understand what was going on

He said license, not copyright. Bandai obviously has licenses to make games for all these franchises. Maybe not exclusive license for some though. The actual franchises for these are owned by lots of different companies, so it might be a huge mess when it comes to international releases.
This is a generation of dreams coming true. If Super Robot Wars cam make it outside of Japan, this can too.

Temascos

Neo Member
Oh man, this looks janky as hell but could be absolutely charming to play. The Mass Production Evas need to show up in this for the oh-crap factor to be complete. :)

Astery

Lol it looks... Interesting. What do you actually do in the game? I watched the trailer but I didn't really understand what was going on

Going by the similar disaster report series, you are going to solve some action puzzles with the disaster themes while maintaining some sort of stress/ survival meter, collecting items and outfits, but the most interesting part is the options of your dialogue and action choices interacting with your party members IMO.

um..pretty much placing you as the main protagonist in movies like "The Poseidon Adventure" and that's how it goes.

peppers

Going by the similar disaster report series, you are going to solve some action puzzles with the disaster themes while maintaining some sort of stress/ survival meter, collecting items and outfits, but the most interesting part is the options of your dialogue and action choices interacting with your party members IMO.

um..pretty much placing you as the main protagonist in movies like "The Poseidon Adventure" and that's how it goes.

I see, thanks!
A story heavy game with such a special setting sounds really interesting actually.

RobbieNick

Please God! Let it come out here!! As a kaiju fan, this is my ultimate fantasy come true!!

....Is this thing running off the Yakuza 5 engine or something? Cuz parts of it remind me of a Yakuza game.

Yukinari

Whats the probability of this coming to the US?

If liscensing nightmares like TvsC and Jump Stars Victory VS can come here i dont see why this cant.

SomTervo

What's with the sudden tonal shift in the back half of the video.

Why is Japanese stuff always like this

Regardless, looks amazing

ranmafan

Whats the probability of this coming to the US?

If liscensing nightmares like TvsC and Jump Stars Victory VS can come here i dont see why this cant.

I'm sure anything is possible. Lots of games have made it west that were once thought impossible. I say it's got as good of a chance as anything else. Hopefully it gets released in the west. I'm sure they can work out much of the licensing.

Unless the game were to surprisingly also have macross in it then the chances would drop to negative 8,000,000.

Top Bottom