• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

ffdgh

You'll have to buy games released prior to 1/20/15 to even get codes, fyi.

From the Club Nintendo Info Page:

1/20/2015 Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo

I can manage that. Got a few 3ds and wii u games I still need to get.

Nanashrew

Banned
So the wording on this implies that, when CN is done, it's just done. That account will no longer exist or have any information tied to it. Or it will exist but only as legacy information (i.e. these games were purchased with this account).

If the CN account is going, then logically, they're going to need a new way to track your game purchases, no?

Pretty much. Can't NNID already track your purchases? I'm thinking all roads point to a unified system with NNID.

jimi_dini

What?

DRYOv.gif
DRYOv.gif

DRYOv.gif
DRYOv.gif

My 7400 stars.

1/20/2015 Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo

So no stars for Majora's Mask. I'm now a sad panda koala.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh, that's right. Couldn't that be updated with firmware and embedded code in a new game purchase? Might not be optimal though, and probably a better way than what my idea.
Or Nintendo makes the new program for digital games only in order to entice more people to forgo physical purchases.

Atouba

Oh, that's right. Couldn't that be updated with firmware and embedded code in a new game purchase? Might not be optimal though, and probably a better way than what my idea.

Would be possible, but than you cant registert all games from friends - and they could register your games as well. That will not happpen.

Nanashrew

Banned
Would be possible, but than you cant registert all games from friends - and they could register your games as well. That will not happpen.

Good point. They'll probably stick to the old method of registering with codes for physical purchases. QR is viable too.

Dinskugga

Maybe we in Sweden and the other nordic countrys at last can be in this program!.

im been soo mad the last years that we are outside Club Nintendos stuff.

I really hate the distribution company Bergsala that Nintendo use in sweden and the other countrys in the nordic. Because of this we never get any cool stuff or deals.

randomkid

Not sure if posted but the digital games refresh is up. It'll be available through June, so looks like its the last. So wait to see what the physical rewards will be before getting them.
Wii U:
Super Mario Bros 2
Excitebike
Wii:
Super Metroid
Super Punch Out
3DS:
Super Mario Land
Donkey Kong (GB)
Wario Land 2
The Legend of Zelda

From the other thread.

They better be adding more digital games than this!

Peru

Good, hopefully, because CLub Nintendo was never active or something I could register for in my country.

Nanashrew

Banned
I have a pair of Mario pajamas. I don't remember if they're Club Nintendo, but I'll always cherish them anyway. They have the official Nintendo seal and everything so the gotta be.

Yrael

Oh what?!

Looks like I'm going to begin the mad scramble to redeem all my CN codes. There's nothing very interesting on the Australian store right now. :/

Club Nintendo website seems to be hammered.
I'm entering PINs right now. Went from 950 stars to 3100. And I have at least 2000 stars left to enter. What a tedious process...

Ricky 7

Been a part of it for 13 years so it's sad to see it go. I have so many unused club Nintendo product registration codes because I stopped using them when they decided to make stars expire after 2 years.

Rizsparky

Is it actually worth registering everything or waiting for some 'Register X and Y and get Z FREE!' style promotions?

AniHawk

currently have 1820 coins. i don't think i have any more than that.

my haul since 2008:

-hanafuda cards
-super mario bros. hat (platinum reward)
-zelda poster set
-mario figurine (platinum reward)
-2010 messenger bag
-2010 tote bag
-button set (platinum reward)
-game and watch: ball
-zelda poster set 2
-game and watch collection 2
-mario card set (platinum reward)
-gold nunchuck
-majora's mask ost (platinum reward)
-zelda poster set 3
-super smash bros. poster set

and that's not including game-specific stuff like the kid icarus ar cards, the oot ost, the smash bros. ost, or digital stuff like last year's platinum reward, the $30 back for smt + fe:a. really, a pretty good run and a lot of good stuff over the years.

Jamie OD

My only regret in regards to Club Nintendo was never having enough stars for a Mario Kart trophy. I hope they get restocked somehow as part of a goodbye promotion.

Fandangox

Kind of odd to see it go, I have about 1500 coins, only physical reward I ever got was a 3DS Game case that I ordered in December.

Did get lots of downloadable games though. Hopefully the new reward's program is active in far more areas, whatever it is.

cluderi

Around 7000 UK stars sat waiting, EU/UK Club Nintendo better add something worth getting or I guess I'll have a lot of Nintendo branded post it notes (do they even do those anymore?)

Rocky

Banned
I had already made Platinum for this year, on like the first day. Guess I better start entering all these codes I was saving for next year's status.

Schlomo

Japanese Club Nintendo has some new VC games as rewards, not bad.

Super Mario Ball
Marvelous - New Treasure Island
1080 Snowboarding
Sin and Punishment

...seem the most interesting to me.

OK, I give up. I can't registrate my PINS for the moment, site is down. The information has spread, everyone is panicking. This is a krach.

After the piss poor NoA rewards and the slap in the face of no physical reward for 2013, I can't say I'm surprised or even really disappointed. I enjoyed the club when you could get unique nintendo merch not available any other way.

Last item I got that nearly drained my account was the Luigi's Mansion statue.

Now the question is if I should buy the 3DS card case now, or wait until Feb and see if anything interesting comes up to use up the remainder of my coins.

I also hope they have one last, final, platinum reward hurrah, but I doubt it.

Edit: nvm just read that it will be a downloadable game again. oh well.

Top Bottom